PDA

View Full Version : whats my marauder worth?

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
03 a black
15000mi
absolutely beautiful cosmetic condition. never seen snow. seen rain maybe 5 times. back seat sat in 3 times.

reinhart a/a vortech w/ reichard pulley 3.4, xcal 2
twin gt pumps
reinhart exhaust with stainless mac flow path mufflers, non res tips
ford gt coil covers
4.30 gears w auburn pro series diff
moser 31 spline axles
trick flow rear girdle
rear wheels widened to 9.5in with nitto 305 dr's
factory trans w j-mod
baer 14in front brakes, stainless hoses
dynotech mmx driveshaft

im toying with the idea of selling the car. i dont have any time to play with it. its never seen wide open throttle since the blower install. it is not beat on in any way. all work was done by myself. im a ford dealer technichan. whats the goin rate????

arejayesss
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
:eek: I dunno..but I'll take it!!

Merc220A
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I saw one similar to yours going for about 28-32 grand

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
15K to 18K...take it and run!

Gotta Love It!

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
its a 300a as stated in the post. 18K??????? i hope youre kidding...lol....id just keep it.

Cordoba1
02-04-2008, 05:11 PM
$21,500 to a buyer "in the know."
$18,500 on the open market.

Ask the guys at the Ford Store you work at to appraise it for you.

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
$21,500 to a buyer "in the know."
$18,500 on the open market.

wow thats a bit disappointing!

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
its a 300a as stated in the post. 18K??????? i hope youre kidding...lol....id just keep it.

03 a black?.....don't cut it for me....18K if you're lucky....better keep it!
It's still a "Mercury Grand Marquis"!:mad2:

Gotta Love It!

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
03 a black?.....don't cut it for me....18K if you're lucky....better keep it!
It's still a "Mercury Grand Marquis"!:mad2:

Gotta Love It!

really its not just a grand marquis! i dont agree with that .....not really sure what you mean by the above statement.....

TiTo35
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey Punisher,

To give a bitter sweet feel, its a 03 B @ the Ford dealer bone STOCK for 20K.
Why are you selling it?

Shora
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
reinhart a/a vortech w/ reichard pulley 3.4, xcal 2
twin gt pumps
reinhart exhaust with stainless mac flow path mufflers, non res tips
ford gt coil covers
4.30 gears w auburn pro series diff
moser 31 spline axles
trick flow rear girdle
rear wheels widened to 9.5in with nitto 305 dr's
factory trans w j-mod
baer 14in front brakes, stainless hoses
dynotech mmx driveshaft

wow thats a bit disappointing!

You know what's disappointing? If a buyer actually believes you when you tell them that you spent all that money on performance mods (S/C, pulleys, brakes, etc.) and NEVER even went WOT since installing the said "performance mods".

The only way one would not go WOT after installing all those mods is because something is wrong with it and doing a WOT may cause damage.

I guess that you have been working in a car dealership too long and at times forget that not all of us are fools!

Good luck there buddy!

TiTo35
02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
You spent all that money on performance mods (S/C, pulleys, brakes, etc.) and NEVER even went WOT since installing the said "performance mods".

Yea...I wondered that myself too...But hey...:alone:

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
i dont think any of you are fools! im dead serious. i installed the blower...but never had the time to visit the dyno.....and do not have a wideband in it....hence that pedal has never met the carpet. im not sayin i never pushed the car a bit.....it spins the nittos with ease....but no ..since the blower i have not mashed the pedal down....ive had alot of blower cars. im into the lightning scene mostly....and i know what happens to a blower car when it is not tuned properly and you beat it.....it goes boom. it has the reinhart tune in it that came with the blower...but i dont trust it. and i never had the time to dyno it....aft the mods the car has seen very little street time. mostly in part to a new born child. the car went on the back burner. im sorry you cant believe that....and i dont know where your attiude stems from. im sorry i angered you....

and im also sorry you had a bad experiernce at your dealer.....youve obviously been lied to....not all dealers operate in this manner. and frankly im insulted you called me a liar. you dont even know me.

Shora
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Yea...I wondered that myself too...But hey...:alone:

I mean come on. The list would be shorter is we just named the mods he didn't add or alter in the car and he wants us to believe that he didn't push it to its limits.

Read the list of mods, THEY ARE ALL F-ING PERFORMANCE MODS WITH NO LUXURY OR BLING ONLY MODS.

Once I catch or even feel that someone lies to me about one thing, I distrust everything else they tell me.

I call BULL *****!!!

Shora
02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
i dont think any of you are fools! im dead serious. i installed the blower...but never had the time to visit the dyno.....and do not have a wideband in it....hence that pedal has never met the carpet. im not sayin i never pushed the car a bit.....it spins the nittos with ease....but no ..since the blower i have not mashed the pedal down....ive had alot of blower cars. im into the lightning scene mostly....and i know what happens to a blower car when it is not tuned properly and you beat it.....it goes boom. it has the reinhart tune in it that came with the blower...but i dont trust it. and i never had the time to dyno it....aft the mods the car has seen very little street time. mostly in part to a new born child. the car went on the back burner. im sorry you cant believe that....and i dont know where your attiude stems from. im sorry i angered you....

and im also sorry you had a bad experiernce at your dealer.....youve obviously been lied to....not all dealers operate in this manner. and frankly im insulted you called me a liar. you dont even know me.

-Thousands upon thousands spent in performance mods.

-Hours upon hours spent researching info about the said mods before purchasing them.

-Hours upon hours spent "personally" installing the performance mods.

=Not going WOT because of a few hundred dollars and a few hours for a proper tune.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!

TiTo35
02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey Hey fellas...Lets simmer down...No need for "attitudes."

Beers on ME!:beer:

sailsmen
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
So Mr "The Punisher" what are you punishing?:uzi:

I suspect it is that you recognize the Reinhart AA S/C develops more power than the Nittos can hold and WOT is futile!:banana2:

MMMAN
02-04-2008, 06:32 PM
To answer your question, I think it's possible to get in the low 20's for your car. Someone that's looking for a clean low milage MM with a s/c may realize the added value and pay it. It may take time though to find that person.

Before my current MM, I had a low milage one that sold to buy one with more mods. It was cheaper in the long run.

Zack
02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Jeez Shora! The guy is for real in every way.

I say 22 on a good day.
18,500 to sell it tomorrow

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
To answer your question, I think it's possible to get in the low 20's for your car. Someone that's looking for a clean low milage MM with a s/c may realize the added value and pay it. It may take time though to find that person.

Before my current MM, I had a low milage one that sold to buy one with more mods. It was cheaper in the long run.

thank you for your civil response.....i guess not everyone here is an *********....

shora...thank you...youve reminded me why i stopped posting here long ago.....:rolleyes: maybe a tune would have only been a few hundred dollars...but when a baby is around the corner everything else goes on the back burner. and unfortunately it stayed there....

after reading your posts it is evident that youve got some self esteem issues. maybe youre visiting the wrong forum.....im sure if you look there are a few "self-help" message boards lying around. they can help you with your "issues". dont worry were all here and we support you buddy!!! and remember dont ever come to a d!ck wagging contest without the proper equipment.

thanks zack!! been awhile...

Zack
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Dont sell it, buy the kids clothes second hand :up:

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
maybe i wont...my wife doesnt want me to sell.....ive got an innovate wideband in the garage. maybe ill install it so i can see how on point the tune is....then i can tell everyone i went wide open throttle!!!

knine
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
i guess not everyone here is an *********....
Sorry, had a day off, I'm here. What now? :lol:

Georges93LX
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I don't have any dogs in this hunt but when two Trilogy cars were listed they would not bring 18K and one guy had to lower his price to 16K to get rid of it. I have watched and continue to watch the prices. I believe you would have gotten more for your car, stock with the low miles, than with the supercharger. I agree that most people wouldn't believe that you haven't beat on the car a few times with the mods that you have done. I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time and money modifying my Crown Vic and I can tell you that I have NEVER spun the rear tires. Would others buy that story? Probably not but I know it. I know how much time and money is there. Some build cars and they blow them up the first day. I build mine to run for multiple days and have fun doing it. I understand what your saying. Good Luck.

Zack
02-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't have any dogs in this hunt but when two Trilogy cars were listed they would not bring 18K and one guy had to lower his price to 16K to get rid of it. I have watched and continue to watch the prices. I believe you would have gotten more for your car, stock with the low miles, than with the supercharger. I agree that most people wouldn't believe that you haven't beat on the car a few times with the mods that you have done. I can tell you that I have spent a lot of time and money modifying my Crown Vic and I can tell you that I have NEVER spun the rear tires. Would others buy that story? Probably not but I know it. I know how much time and money is there. Some build cars and they blow them up the first day. I build mine to run for multiple days and have fun doing it. I understand what your saying. Good Luck.

Its in my garage!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/DSC03087.JPG

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 07:58 PM
zack did you ever get the twin screw car running? its been awhile since ive posted here........

Zack
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
zack did you ever get the twin screw car running? its been awhile since ive posted here........

It went 11.42 @ 119.

Ill juice it in the spring, run a 10, the take it apart and change everything.

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
It went 11.42 @ 119.

Ill juice it in the spring, run a 10, the take it apart and change everything.

haaa....awesome! thats exactly...e.t. and trap speed.... what my gen 1 lightning ran a few years back.......

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2008, 08:10 PM
really its not just a grand marquis! i dont agree with that .....not really sure what you mean by the above statement.....

Call FORD and give them your VIN# and see what kinda car they
say you have? Mercury Grand Marquis!

Gotta Love It!

Shora
02-04-2008, 08:20 PM
thank you for your civil response.....i guess not everyone here is an *********....

shora...thank you...youve reminded me why i stopped posting here long ago.....:rolleyes: maybe a tune would have only been a few hundred dollars...but when a baby is around the corner everything else goes on the back burner. and unfortunately it stayed there....

after reading your posts it is evident that youve got some self esteem issues. maybe youre visiting the wrong forum.....im sure if you look there are a few "self-help" message boards lying around. they can help you with your "issues". dont worry were all here and we support you buddy!!! and remember dont ever come to a d!ck wagging contest without the proper equipment.

thanks zack!! been awhile...

maybe i wont...my wife doesnt want me to sell.....ive got an innovate wideband in the garage. maybe ill install it so i can see how on point the tune is....then i can tell everyone i went wide open throttle!!!

No, leave it as it is and report back when an "actual buyer" believes you when you state the car hasn't been seen a WOT with that laundry list of mods.

Note: To those who are rushing to the punisher's defense. Believe what you want and defand who you want but I will never believe that someone spent almost 10 thousand dollars in mods and then at the very end could not get the car tuned for a few hundred dollars because of a baby. That baby didn't come knocking on his door overnight. He had months to plan for the baby and if he is smart enough to actually have a job, he is smart enough to know not to buy a S/C and all those performance mods with a baby on the way.

Also, everyone takes the cost of a tune into the price of a S/C before they buy and install it when other mods will affect the stock tune.

Face it, the only reason he said that he didn't go WOT is because be wanted us to believe that the car was not abused and driven gently because he knows that many would be weary to buy a car with so many mods for the prices that this cat wants to get.

Zack
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
You could always take the blower off and sell it to the guy in Oil country.
Then sell the car stock for 16ish

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
wow you are amazing....there is a series of events here that i will not get into because i dont need to.....but there are reasons other than just money. you can keep justifying youre reasoning for being a d!ck.....cus it makes you feel better. i know how the car has been treated. and one look at it in person would justify what ive said all along. you dont have to believe anyone....youre not buying the car.....so you really dont count!

Shora
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM

The lies just keep coming. It's almost like you cannot even control yourself.

You are a Ford tech and installed all those mods personally, including the S/Cer, ran out of money for a tune yet you had an Innovate Wideband in your garage and NEVER checked how accurate your tune was until now.

You have been driving around in a S/C car (just never been WOT because you didn't have the money) and never checked your tune FREE with the resource in your own garage?

I am sure that there are support groups for liers too.

OneBADLsE
02-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd have to believe its a 17-18k car. Put aside for a rebuild of the tranny/engine in the near future. If you're that scared of your tune, the damage was already done. IMHO, therefore means nothing.

The stock internals of the tranny are NOT, I REPEAT NOT welcoming of an unfriendly tune. You could cook that thing faster than thanksgiving dinner if you get into boost. T/C lockup plays a crucial role in this.

Also i forgot to add, if you're getting mild detonation without even noticing it, that has destoryed pistons in large numbers on this board

Please, someone correct me if i am wrong about anything i said

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:31 PM
the wideband is or was for my lightning......well youve got me....CSI has cracked the case. ive wasted my nite completely fabricating lies because...frankly...im bored. man all i really wanted to know was what the car was worth.....i havent even put it up for sale yet......i dont really understand your motives for bashing me.....am i being punked????

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd have to believe its a 17-18k car. Put aside for a rebuild of the tranny/engine in the near future. If you're that scared of your tune, the damage was already done. IMHO, therefore means nothing.

The stock internals of the tranny are NOT, I REPEAT NOT welcoming of an unfriendly tune. You could cook that thing faster than thanksgiving dinner if you get into boost. T/C lockup plays a crucial role in this.

Also i forgot to add, if you're getting mild detonation without even noticing it, that has destoryed pistons in large numbers on this board

Please, someone correct me if i am wrong about anything i said

exactly why ive babied it.

OneBADLsE
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
the wideband is or was for my lightning......well youve got me....CSI has cracked the case. ive wasted my nite completely fabricating lies because...frankly...im bored.

You have to understand noone is going to believe your car has NOT seen WOT. Its damn near impossible. If you have broken 4500k on the tach, its just as good as going WOT, even if for arguments sake you havent.

Its also like me telling someone "My marquis was driven by an old man who liked loud exhausts and HIDS. Oh, he never floored it!" Now thats a lie, LOL

Blackmobile
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
boy, do I feel alot of jealousy in this thread, me included. Why would anyone worry about a MM being beat up on when the ones with low miles would concern me about why it wasn't driven like it was stolen.
That's my :twocents: and I stand behind it. By the way, do you have any pix?

OneBADLsE
02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
exactly why ive babied it.

Then, you are correct for doing so. I wouldnt trust the tune. Get in touch with lidio. List your mods, and have him email you a tune. Im sure he has dealt with cars that have YOUR EXACT MODS.

Good luck, and if you're seriously interested...I may be interested when i sell my Marquis.

ITs going up on ebay this week. Im in NY

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:38 PM
You have to understand noone is going to believe your car has NOT seen WOT. Its damn near impossible. If you have broken 4500k on the tach, its just as good as going WOT, even if for arguments sake you havent.

Its also like me telling someone "My marquis was driven by an old man who liked loud exhausts and HIDS. Oh, he never floored it!" Now thats a lie, LOL

i do understand it is hard to believe....i consider the car to be unfinished. im not sure how the tune is. so the few miles ive put on it have been somewhat easy. but there is a way to go about things......shora has shown a real lack of character here. basically calling me a liar right from the start....he doesnt even know anything about me....

Shora
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
the wideband is or was for my lightning......well youve got me....CSI has cracked the case. ive wasted my nite completely fabricating lies because...frankly...im bored. man all i really wanted to know was what the car was worth.....i havent even put it up for sale yet......i dont really understand your motives for bashing me.....am i being punked????

I just call em as I see em.

Do not confuse yourself with my posts. All they say, is that you are a typical car salesman like liar having us believe that your car, with thousand upon thousands of dollars in mods, was only driven by your Grand Mother to Church on Sundays and she couldn't go WOT even if she wanted to because she cannot reach that far into the gas peddle.

OneBADLsE
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
i do understand it is hard to believe....i consider the car to be unfinished. im not sure how the tune is. so the few miles ive put on it have been somewhat easy. but there is a way to go about things......shora has shown a real lack of character here. basically calling me a liar right from the start....he doesnt even know anything about me....

He shouldnt have done that, and i am not condoning his actions. You dont sound like some schmuck that has a SC done, and goes WOT...THEN kills the motor, posting up on the board "wtf did i do wrong?"

Precautions are needed. Glad you are taking some.

Sometimes, the extra $2-400 makes a real difference when you are faced with a baby on the way. Maybe he just found out a month into the pregnancy and the mods were already completed to the point of just needing a tune. It happens...Life happens

Shora
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
boy, do I feel alot of jealousy in this thread, me included. Why would anyone worry about a MM being beat up on when the ones with low miles would concern me about why it wasn't driven like it was stolen.

From what I understand, nobody is concerned about the said car being beat up but rather concerned about the lack there of with the listed mods.

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM

i only have some low quality pix on my phone. the car is in storage about 5 mi from my house. i will take pics and post them soon. it is coming home this month.

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
From what I understand, nobody is concerned about the said car being beat up but rather concerned about the lack there of with the listed mods.

and that is understandable......but it is what it is....

Pat
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
There are people here and on the MCM.Com site that are interested in a used low mileage S/C Marauder. Check the forums.

Put your ad in the cars for sale forums and a buyer will come along. Be patient, in your case low mileage is a plus and since it is not a daily driver the car's value should not diminish.

Shora
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
and that is understandable......but it is what it is....

Honestly, good luck with the sale.

I know of a member who sold his low mile S/C Marauder to another member on this board for around 30K just a few months ago.

If the car is in the condition you state it's in and have the time to wait for the perfect buyer, history shows that there will be at least one member willing to shell out close to 30k for a low mile modded Marauder.

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
thank you...i think...;) im still not sure if i want to sell. my original plan was to have sal from powersurgeperformance tune the car. hes a good friend of mine. he tuned all my cars in the past...but he has moved from long island to FL so he is no longer in driving distance. and he was the only tuner i trusted. he used to post here alot.

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Thirty years from now....when the realization hits, that the
Marauder was just a "drop" of rain in the ocean......
a supercharged one with always sell for alot less than a STOCK one.
Why you ask.....because everyone knows that the supercharged
Marauder had the piss beat out of it....unless of course you didn't have a tune!

Gotta Love It!:banana2:

thePunisher
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
well that was my line of thinking when i posted. people think a s/c car is always beat on. so far mine was not. so i figured that telling people that is has been babied would be a good thing. instead i was immediatly called a liar.......

Merc-O-matic
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
well that was my line of thinking when i posted. people think a s/c car is always beat on. so far mine was not. so i figured that telling people that is has been babied would be a good thing. guess i was wrong.

On the plus side....like PAT said, if you can hold on for awhile
the right person will come along and you should be able to get
a fair price. Good Luck

Gotta Love It!;)

MACFORD88
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
I Saw One On Ebay W/blower I Dont Know If It Got Sold Or Not.you Should Pull The Blower Off And Sell It.i Think You Can Sell The Car Stock. Then W/blower.

KillJoy
02-05-2008, 06:24 AM
thePunisher and I got our s/c's at the same time (same kit, same Vendor). I got mine installed first. After seeing how MY dyno went, I recommended him NOT PUNCH IT until he got a dyno tune as well.

As for him not getting the Tune done, well.... to some folks there are more important things.

As for calling him a liar about never flooring it, WTF are YOU to judge? Do you know him?

:dunno:

As for the car's value, I would like to think $21,500 could be gotten if you take your time in it's sale. I have been toying with the idea myself lately.

:beer:

KillJoy

OneBADLsE
02-05-2008, 08:09 AM
thePunisher and I got our s/c's at the same time (same kit, same Vendor). I got mine installed first. After seeing how MY dyno went, I recommended him NOT PUNCH IT until he got a dyno tune as well.

As for him not getting the Tune done, well.... to some folks there are more important things.

As for calling him a liar about never flooring it, WTF are YOU to judge? Do you know him?

:dunno:

As for the car's value, I would like to think $21,500 could be gotten if you take your time in it's sale. I have been toying with the idea myself lately.

:beer:

KillJoy

Thats an opimistic number. When the time is right, im sure it will be discussed

Spectragod
02-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I would say that it's worth what someone is willing to pay, it only takes one person who wants it.

Would I like to buy it for nothing.... sure. But realisticly, I would say 18-22K without seeing what you have for sale, it has all the mods, but most people don't look at it like that.... unfortunatly.

Now if you would like to swap for a nice Harley, I have a Road King, 21K in mods.........

SG

BUCKWHEAT
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
$20,000 to $23,500 in my opinion. I sold my MM that I bought new, to buy someone's that had an S/C and was heavily modded. The prior owner only drove the car at WOT & that's why I bot it. Anyone buying an S/C car should not care about whether it was driven hard. Engines & components can be replaced, and probably should, for strength. If you car looks good now, has 15k miles only, and runs strong now, then you shouldn't even worry about telling anyone about whether it got 15,000 miles one quarter mile at a time. Res Ipsa Loquitor, as Marty would say.