PDA

View Full Version : Crazy seat hardware request

Wires
02-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I know this may sound crazy, but I can't help it. I can't stand the thought of "making something work."

I need someone with some scrap seats that can spare the small sheet metal screws that hold the plastic panel on the front seatbacks.

This is an unusual little screw with a relatively large washer head and only a 5.5mm hex portion. (might be 7/32, my 5.5 mm ignition wrench worked, so I didn't try anything else)

If anyone can sell me 1 or 2, I'd appreciate it.

Wires
02-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Sorry to bump my own thread, but I wanted to say that I know everyone's time is valuable, and I know it takes time to go to a "parts car" or one's "parts collection" and remove this screw. I don't expect to pay a buck or two - I realize that someone would have to have around 20-30 dollars to make it worth their while.

I'm not sure if a CV sport has the same seatbacks or not - if it did I'd scour junkyards to try to find some. I either need a local place, or find an independent willing to walk out and remove this critical piece of hardware for me in exchange for a quick 30 bucks.

Ray ("The Dealer") tells me that this part is not listed in the parts book. That was my first thought, but I guess Ford can't keep up with everything. I work in manufacturing, and I know how dificult it is to make a parts book.

RoyLPita
02-12-2008, 06:17 AM
There is a thread started by SilverSurfer03 somwhere that talked about 2 parts cars. One had hard front damage and the other had a burnt interior. PM him and inquire.

Jimimac43
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I will be going to the junk yard this Fri, I will look for those ,and of course if I find them there will be "no charge". If you get them before Fri, just let me know. Vince.

Wires
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry for not checking sooner.

Jimimac43, if you could check for me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not having much luck locally.

(I can't find the threads that Roy mentioned, I must stink at searching.)