PDA

View Full Version : Tune up......

Tmd1029
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone sorry if this thread is stupid of what not, but its my first time posting here on the MM.net, i am a new guy here. well anyways today driving back from lunch i notice that my marauder now has 75,000 miles on it and never has been tuned up like plugs, wires etc... and i would like to do so soon! i have been searching on the forum for what brand COP connectors but im still unsure should i go with the one from RPMoutlet or the Granatelli ones? and what plugs do you guys recommend? and what else would you recommend that i do for a tune up on my marauder? i already installed a K&N intake and a SCT x-3 tunner. Thank you.

magindat
02-11-2008, 11:43 AM
NGK TR6 plugs. Granatelli COPS. 180 degree stat.

Welcome.

Dragcity
02-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Welcome,

You will prolly need a fuel filter, and a good cleaning of the throttle body/intake and Mass Air Flow Sensor, if not already done.

Have you done the Tranny flush?, Coolant flush and refill (while replacing t-stat)? Brake fluid replacement if it's dark in color...

Have fun and drive safe.

RF Overlord
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the site, Tmd...

Clean the MAF
New fuel filter
Change the transmission fluid & filter
If your coolant is green, change it now...if it's the gold kind, then you're good to go for a while unless it's obviously darkened.

Bobmiddle
02-11-2008, 12:24 PM
RPMoutlet $ucks do not use them I ordered the COP connectors from them 12/27/2007 and over a month later I finaly got word that they and canceled my order. I had emailed 4 different times during that mo. to find out status with no info back. I called about 10x and the line was bussy the first 9x and I am still waiting for them to refund my card.

And Welcome to MM.net you will learn more than you wanted to know about your car here

magindat
02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
The moral of the story is...

Support the site

and

Use site vendors whenever possible.

ctrlraven
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Yep whatever one else said above. I picked up NGK TR6IX plugs which are Iridium. Flushing the trans with a new filter, flush the brakes, flush the coolant with a new 180 t-stat and flush the power steering fluid would all be a wise choice to do if you haven't done them already and don't know if they were ever done before.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Bobmiddle
02-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Magindat................point taken

Tmd1029
02-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks alot guys for helping me out, got all the parts for the tranny flush and the coolant flush plus a 180 stat. But i can't seem to find those COP connectors none of my local parts stores can get em!!! got any part numbers for them?

Bobmiddle
02-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I just happen to have them in the car right now part #28-1705s you will not be able to get them from a local parts store. I got them from a vender not on this sight because of RPMoutlets f-up.

ts-pa
04-24-2008, 07:45 AM
You might want to flush the brake fluid.
Also, the rear gear oil, don't forget to add the friction modifier for the limited slip.

dreydin
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
/tag for my near tuneup