PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Finland

Jori Rintamaki
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi!
I have two Marauder X100 with 429 cid, 1969 and 1970!
IŽd like to put pictures here in foorum but how can I do this?

http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08072/x100_net698.jpg

This is test...I`ll hope it works?
But anyway you can look my cars:
http://www.mercuryman.fi

Thanks

2003 MIB
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I used to spend time in Pori. There was a man there who had some Ford retractable hardtops. Car culture in Finland is very diverse. I really enjoyed the beer.

Pops
02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
You have some pretty nice cars. How are you going to fix the old Ford Truck? I have a 1952 F1 that I am building with a Flathead V8 and a Weiand supercharger. It should be done next year. Welcome to the site.

magindat
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi!
I have two Marauder X100 with 429 cid, 1969 and 1970!
IŽd like to put pictures here in foorum but how can I do this?

http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08072/x100_net698.jpg

This is test...I`ll hope it works?
But anyway you can look my cars:

Thanks

Cool cars, dude!

Jori Rintamaki
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi!
2003 MIB Did you visit the Pori Jazz Festival also?
I live in the middle of Finland. Little village called Sumiainen, near by big lakes Keitele and Sumiaislake. This area is original countryside.

About this Mercury PickUp. IŽll start fix it in next winter. Just now I`m working with Mercury Sport Sedan from 1950 and Ford Maverick 302 cid 1973. The PickUp will be like original, IŽll hope but it takes alot of work and time and also unfortynately lot of money. IŽll hope this Merc is back on the road in 2009.
Ford Maverick is ready after three months with new Ford Motorsport GT-40 302 cid engine. Something about +400 horsepower and new colour inside and outside. It should be very fast but we will see...
One of my favourite is 2004 Marauder but because of taxes and custom I cant buy this kind of car to Finland. Taxes are something about over 10000 dollars. I think it is too much for me.
Thank You everyone for interesting my cars...IŽll try my best but I always need help all over the world.
Thanks! :)

Ms. Denmark
02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Hei hei Jori!

Do you know a town called Virrat? I spent a summer there back when Led Zeppelin was the hottest band and we spent Fri.,Sat.,and Sun. nights dancing and drinking at the disco. But we always had a designated driver, because your drunk driving laws were so tough. Your car was confiscated and you went straight to prison, no questions asked! Everybody had a very healthy respect for that. As a consequence, there were very few traffic fatalities. I was impressed. My favorite things about Suomi are sauna,cloud berries, the midnight sun, the lakes and of course The Finns!:toast::burnout:

2003 MIB
02-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi!
2003 MIB Did you visit the Pori Jazz Festival also?

Sadly, no. I was auditing the Outokumpu Copper factory in the early 1990s. We were building a large proton accelerator in Texas and I traveled a bit to different places that were capable of producing Oxygen-free copper for use in superconducting magnets. Finland was one of my favorite locations- I saw quite a bit of Helsinki and Tampere. I found the people to be very kind to someone who only spoke two words of Finnish, "olut" and "kiitos". :beer:

offroadkarter
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Quite a collection you have there, welcome aboard!

PhastPhil
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
That is a nice collection of cars you have. There are so many of them that I like, but your 1959 is my favorite. That is a really cool car !

Phil

Jori Rintamaki
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi!
Miss Denmark - Virrat is near by us. I know this place very well. For all the Finns the sauna is something special! I have also one friend in Colorado / Denver and everytime when he come to us we first go to sauna and every month he send me email and tell..."oh, I miss the sauna".
In our country we say: "If you take (alcohol), You dont drive". At least it is a good thing but every year we have still problems with a drunkdrivers!
The Midnight sun...Yes, thats what I want just now. In wintertime we have cold and dark... I miss the summer!:beer:

2003 MIB: Outokumpu is quite a big company in Finland. Tampere is near by us. Only 130 miles to North! ...You have forgot....You need three words in Finland: Olut (beer), kiitos (thank you) and kippis- what means:beer: heh, heh !!

PhastPhil: I bought this 1959 Monterey Cruiser from New York three years ago. I think it is quite rare. I have not see many of them anymore. It is original car, I only paint it last year.It is still working like a new car, only 79.000 miles on it.

Hei... Thank you everyone..It is so nice to talk with you all. IŽm coming to Chicago in next August and I can hardly wait for that!
I have been visiting in US 6-7 times. The best time for me was 2006 when we was in Woodward Dream Cruising in Detroit, Mustang Factory, Jack Roushs factory and his racing museum, Ford Museum and etc....
It was a GREAT time for me and my wife...something real cool what IŽll never forget.
Thank You all
Jori
(Forgive me - my English is not quite correct)

Bluerauder
02-13-2008, 05:14 AM
I have been visiting in US 6-7 times. The best time for me was 2006 when we was in Woodward Dream Cruising in Detroit, Mustang Factory, Jack Roushs factory and his racing museum, Ford Museum and etc....
It was a GREAT time for me and my wife...something real cool what IŽll never forget.
Thank You all
Jori
Hello Jori and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

Did you happen to run across the Mercury Marauder contingent when you were at the Woodward Dream Cruise? They have set up at the Burger King between 12 Mile and 13 Mile Road on Woodward for the past 4-5 years or so. I was there in August 2005 and we had about 85-90 Marauders there including "kirk's" classic Marauder. :up:

Jori Rintamaki
02-13-2008, 05:41 AM
I was in Burger King in 2006 and there was a lot of Marauders. I was with IMOA guys. (We are members of IMOA since 2005).I also talk with Jeff Barnes ??? (Thrilogy Motorsport) and other members of Marauder Club. We moved allround Detroit with Russ Truelove and Jerry Robbin. Saturday was a rainy day but I enjoyed every second.
There is over 2000 pictures in my websites
and after that there is on the left NEWS and there you can find woodward Dream Cruising.
You can go also straight:
http://www.mercuryman.fi/news/august2006/imoa/index.html

Next IMOA meeting is in Chicago and weŽll be there. I have heard that in Santa Fe is also carshow in September. Is that true? I cant find nothing in net.

SC Cheesehead
02-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Jori,

Welcome! Great cars you've got there.

SCCH

sweetair
02-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Jori, really nice rides. I like the Mercury/Ford theme.

I have some family over there. Not sure where. My grandparents from the moms side emigrated around 1920 to the US. My grandfather was from Finland, and my grandmother from Sweden. I need to try to make it over that way at some time.

Enjoy.:beer:

Jori Rintamaki
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes
In the beginning of 19th century we have a bad situation in Finland. Lot of people moved to US and Canada from Finland! My grandmothers two sister and and my grandfathers three brother also went to US and Canada.
I dont know what happens but I havent heard nothing about these people never. Maybe someday I talk with somebody who is my relative! heh, heh...
Thank You all!!!!

FastMerc
02-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Cool pics some mighty fine cars there.

Blk Mamba
02-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Fantastic automobiles!!!!!! You speak (write) much better English then we do Finnish. Thanks for joining, good luck and keep up the great work.

1stMerc
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Jori,
Welcome to the site. Looks like you've put in a lot of work. Love that M74. Are you going to "slam" it and put a different set of wheels on her?
Hey, how'd that Jaguar get in there j/k nice ride.

UncleLar
02-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Jori,if you're coming to Chicago in August and can possibly get in a week earlier there is a community about an hour or so ride to the west of us that has a car show every year that is gigantic. It's called the Turning Back Time weekend event.This year on Saturday July 26th they'll have their Cruise In followed on Sunday,July27th by the monsterous car show. They close down the entire downtown area for the show,the main street and ajoining side streets are packed with vehicles of every description.There should be close to 1000 vehicles of all types there this year. There is no admission charge. Bring your cameras and plenty of film or big memory cars and plenty of batteries.
Be warned though,the weather is always VERY with very high humidity,if you're heat sensitive like I am you'll need to be extremely careful to hydrate properly and rest often.
Here's the only recent link I was able to find quickly,it's for 2006 but it's got some good info on it.
http://www.dekalbcounty-il.com/turningbacktime.htm

I've gone every year for 4 or 5 years now since jerzygirl turned me onto it and every year it gets bigger and better. (and hotter)
If you can possibly fit it into your schedule you'll be very happy you did!:coolman:

Jori Rintamaki
02-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi!
We are very interestin about this Turning back weekend. We think about that!! Maybe, maybe......IŽll hope we can do that! Thank You!:beer:

About this Jaguar....I really dont know why this car stay in my carage. I bought it from Germany many years ago and now IŽm try to sell this car.
It is a really cool car to drive and it is in very good condition but we dont have a time to drive this car or go to Jaguar events. We have used this car few times in weddings and etc. Thats all. After all it is a really nice car but not Mercury!

Jimimac43
03-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Welcome Jori, Nice collection. If I had the space I would be "Car Poor" too.