PDA

View Full Version : Cayuga drag strip meet in spring/summer

Serge
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Would any of the Ontarians be interested in getting together sometime in spring/summer for a drag racing event in Cayuga? They have test and tune every Friday night and most Saturdays.

Canadasvt
02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I most certainly would :banana2:

QWK SVT
02-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I certainly would! It's been my experience that the T'n'T on Fridays aren't really worth it - there's little to no prep, and mostly FWD cars show up. A Saturday or Sunday would be best!

I'd also be willing to go to St. Thomas, which (IMO) is generally a less busy track.

Rockettman
02-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Sounds great!!!

MADRODER
02-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Count me in, took my stang to TMP several times last year and I do agree that the track isn't prepped as good as Sat, but it's alot of fun getting 10+ runs down the qtr on a Friday night.....

P.S........Apr 5, opening day at TMP:)

QWK SVT
02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Count me in, took my stang to TMP several times last year and I do agree that the track isn't prepped as good as Sat, but it's alot of fun getting 10+ runs down the qtr on a Friday night.....

P.S........Apr 5, opening day at TMP:)

While I'm looking forward to hitting the track, I've been to TMP on opening day before (granted, I was in the truck)... The track prep is AWFUL!

MADRODER
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
While I'm looking forward to hitting the track, I've been to TMP on opening day before (granted, I was in the truck)... The track prep is AWFUL!

It might take a weekend or two b4 the track becomes somewhat drivable, I'll go anyways just to get out of the house.... it's been a long flippin winter!!!

Icarus
03-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I plan on going there a few times this year. I'd love to see some of your rides and meet some of y'all...

Canadasvt
03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Any day would be good with me but Saturday is best.

Serge
03-24-2008, 08:10 PM
St. Thomas dragway is having it's annual Crown Vic day on June 28. There should be some people from CVN and OQCVO coming to this. It's a whole day event and we get a track to ourselves. I believe this year we actually have to share with Nissan Z club. Anyone up for some import kills?:D Last year we had some people from ISSCA show up with Impalas and Caprices as well.

This was suppose to be done together with St. Thomas plant tour but since the tours were canceled indefinitely, it's now a racing event only.

Link to St. Thomas dragway for maps and directions, St. Thomas dragway (http://www.stthomasdragway.com/index.php).

Same fees as last year- $30 per car & driver if you want to race, $10 for crew or spectator.

Gates open at 10, time trials at 11, eliminations at 2, finish at 4. We were welcomed to stay for Saturday night Run What Ya Brung as track guests as well at no extra charge.

They allow BBQing at the dragway so if someone has a BBQ stove, we could have lunch there as well. :biggrin:
[/color]