PDA

View Full Version : Any one looking for a good HID kit

NATEHAWK
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Here you go....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330192922518&rd=1

BAD MERC
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
It's for low-beam only. We sell a REAL HID kit that has four ballasts, and two bi-xenon 8000K bulbs for $349.00 complete. It has high and low and is a hell of a nice kit. I have put them on three Marauders already and the light scatter is controlled and concentrated on the street in brilliant white and there is a defined horizon that will not annoy oncoming cars. Ask Carfixer what he thinks about it....

RaceLegend79
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Is there a difference with HIDs and projector HIDs or are they all the same?

KillJoy
02-21-2008, 06:27 AM
It's for low-beam only. We sell a REAL HID kit that has four ballasts, and two bi-xenon 8000K bulbs for $349.00 complete. It has high and low and is a hell of a nice kit. I have put them on three Marauders already and the light scatter is controlled and concentrated on the street in brilliant white and there is a defined horizon that will not annoy oncoming cars. Ask Carfixer what he thinks about it....

Ok.... you peaked my interest.

More info please. Is it direct fit? Easy to install? Bulbs easily obtainable? Quality products used?

PM me if you prefer.

KillJoy

magindat
02-21-2008, 06:33 AM

More info please. Is it direct fit? Easy to install? Bulbs easily obtainable? Quality products used?

PM me if you prefer.

KillJoy

Kenny's shop and Kenny himself have a good rep. I'm sure they're not crap.

BAD MERC
02-21-2008, 06:36 AM

PM me if you prefer.

KillJoy
The kit on mine, Hotrauders and Carfixers car IS plug-and-play. It is wayyyy more than adequate. All the wires are terminated in weatherpac connectors and loomed in plastic mesh. The only thing I did on these cars was lengthen the power cord and replace the two ATC fuseholders with a weatherproof Maxifuse holder. There is a thread I started on the MCM site with pics showing an illustrated complete installation.

FordNut
02-21-2008, 06:55 AM
The kit on mine, Hotrauders and Carfixers car IS plug-and-play. It is wayyyy more than adequate. All the wires are terminated in weatherpac connectors and loomed in plastic mesh. The only thing I did on these cars was lengthen the power cord and replace the two ATC fuseholders with a weatherproof Maxifuse holder. There is a thread I started on the MCM site with pics showing an illustrated complete installation.

Interested...

Zack
02-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Damn mods are killing my wallet

KillJoy
02-21-2008, 07:04 AM

Since you mentioned it here, could you post it up here as well?

I am VERY interested in a HID Kit that is RELATIVELY easy to install....

KillJoy

Hotrauder
02-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Kenny's kit is the nuts. High and low, bright white painted street, no negative reaction from oncoming or followed traffic and yes, Marge, I can see Omaha from here. This is a great mod and the price is right. With the Trilogy the install takes a little longer as there is less room to work. I think Kenny said about an hour for the install NA. About one and a half with the Trilogy. There is no sign of the install anywhere, except the bright white light. With the exception of some high priced European iron everyone else has yellow lights that look more like kero lanterns when you drive beside them. You will love these lights. Dennis

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/3/7/2/meanddennis.jpg

ctrlraven
02-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I like my McCulloch kits. All plug and play.

Camera sitting on the ground
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/marauder/DSCF1860Medium.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/marauder/DSCF1260Medium.jpg

ZOMG it's twins!
SilverSurfer03 (8000 or 10,000K kit) and me (6000k)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/Brian%20and%20Chris-s%20MM/DSCF1368Medium.jpg

ts-pa
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Are there any differences between the McCulloch kit & "silver2004marauder" kit?

BAD MERC
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
I have not compared them. Mine is German-manufactured but comes in a box with no indication of manufacturer. It says "Q Lighting" on the box.

KillJoy
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I have not compared them. Mine is German-manufactured but comes in a box with no indication of manufacturer. It says "Q Lighting" on the box.

Link as to where to buy?

KillJoy

TiTo35
02-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I need the hi lo set NATE...Are those the ones you going wit???

SILVERSURFER03
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Mine Came From Euro Dezigns And Were All Plug And Play Low Beam Only See Pick In Ctrlraven Reply... 10k

Egon Spengler
02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Took mine out after a month of use... didn't come with highbeams

Raudermaster
02-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Highbeams are over rated.

Hotrauder
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Link as to where to buy?

KillJoy

PM Kenny-(silver2004Marauder) buy from him. He posted the price. Dennis

KillJoy
02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
PM Kenny-(silver2004Marauder) buy from him. He posted the price. Dennis

Ok..... so how does one go about purchasing one? Mail? Paypal? Credit Card? Pennies?

:dunno:

KillJoy

ctrlraven
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM

Not when you do night time driving on long dark highways. I use mine all the time.

Breadfan
02-21-2008, 02:41 PM

If you live in the city.

Raudermaster
02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Not when you do night time driving on long dark highways. I use mine all the time.

I've had my HID's on for 2 years now, and I have no high beams. It does not affect me at all, and I drive on long deserted roads too out here.

shodude
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Ok..... so how does one go about purchasing one? Mail? Paypal? Credit Card? Pennies?

KillJoy

2x ...:confused::confused::confus ed:

Krytin
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I've had my HID's on for 2 years now, and I have no high beams. It does not affect me at all, and I drive on long deserted roads too out here.
When I was 20 I could see in the dark too!
Now I have a hard time seeing in broad daylight!
It sucks getting old kid - find a better way!!!

Hotrauder
02-21-2008, 06:20 PM

KillJoy

2x ...:confused::confused::confus ed:

Read my lips......PM Kenny as previously stated in my last post...He is the dealer for them. Zack may have a point, Steve.:rolleyes: WTF. Dennis

KillJoy
02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Steve.:rolleyes: WTF.

He has NOT said, IN THIS THREAD, how/where/how to order. NOR given install pics, or pre-install pics.

Many seem interested, ONLY if we have the info......

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Hotrauder
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
He has NOT said, IN THIS THREAD, how/where/how to order. NOR given install pics, or pre-install pics.

Many seem interested, ONLY if we have the info......

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Steve, Kenny stated not in this thread because we are not allowed reference to the other site as you well know and the info and pics are there. Trust me. PM kenny- silver04Marauder, he will give you all the info you want. Dennis

BAD MERC
02-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Here's the deal - they are available delivered to your door for $375.00 if you call... Audio Connection, 239-561-8662 and ask for Chris. I am happy with these lights and stand to make nothing but friends by selling these. I can confidently sell these and look anybody in the eye and say " I am not embarrased to sell this to you". As far as the separation of MM.net and MCM - I have decided to grow out of the infantile differences and enjoy BOTH sites. We are all here for the love of one common thing. That common thing will benefit from upgrades and improvements available from both forums. This is not a religion or political venue. We are adults folks. I am guilty of being a real prick on both sites but I know better and want to show it.

FordNut
02-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Well maybe you might need to detach the hater-aide I.V. and go get the information you need from the place formerly mentioned. If you don't wanna do that...oh well...Kenny's not bangin down anyone's doors to sell stuff and if your that obstinate about the other site...forget it and keep your high-yella-lights!

I reckon I'll stick with the Silverstars then.

NATEHAWK
02-22-2008, 12:52 AM
I need the hi lo set NATE...Are those the ones you going wit???

I ordered the kit I posted.. My buddy has the same kit and everything works great not a problem. Will give you my review once I receive them.

MM2004
02-22-2008, 04:21 AM
This thread is NOT about MM.net vs. MCM.com.

Get it back on track and play nice.

Mike.

KillJoy
02-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Here's the deal - they are available delivered to your door for $375.00 if you call... Audio Connection, 239-561-8662 and ask for Chris. .

Thank you very much!

:up:

:beer:

KillJoy

Zack
02-22-2008, 06:55 AM
This thread is NOT about MM.net vs. MCM.com.

Get it back on track and play nice.

Mike.

Got a link?

:rofl:
:popcorn:

MERCMAN
02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Got a link?

:popcorn:

Ask this guy, he can give you directions!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/9/7/6/bread.jpg

KillJoy
02-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Ask this guy, he can give you directions!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/9/7/6/bread.jpg

^^^THAT^^^ made me LOL!!!

KillJoy

ctrlraven
02-22-2008, 08:36 AM

I'm not saying every must get a bi-xenon kit, if they don't want high beam that's fine. Having the ability to use it when I need is what I wanted.

My lights are not retro-fitted for HIDs I have my low beams aimed slight lower than factory spec because I was getting people flashing me every now and then.

magindat
02-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I mounted 2 big ole driving lights behind the grille and had done with it.

ctrlraven
02-22-2008, 05:05 PM

Did they happen to be Red and Blue lights? lol

ts-pa
02-22-2008, 06:37 PM

What model did you choose? Got a pic of how it looks?

Raudermaster
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
You know what people I don't like? One's who say HID's don't belong in a Halogen's housing. Look at all the early Acura's, Lexus', Infiniti's etc. They had the same thing.

Peace2Peep
02-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow I cant believe the gall to delete my post referring to getting the install information that was posted elsewhere to better your car...I guess free information must be through this channel or no channel...so if it was posted on one of our personal websites? That's is soo stinkin' ridiculous guys...I'm not trying to start anything here...I'm not a troublemaker and I detest drama...I guess believing that there are good people on other web sites makes me dangerous to this one. Well...now I know that non-offensive opinions are not allowed here! As a pastor I often find myself subject to discussions and pics that I dont agree with...but I choose to include and not separate.

Kenny and I are from two different worlds of lifestyle, philospohy and and even faith but we definitely get along and I call him "Friend". I think we decided long ago(maybe subconsciously) to just live and let live. If you saw us together it would be hard to believe that these two unlikely guys actually laugh, joke and have fun. Just remember that we are all just people(not all have a grudge) before you hit the delete button ADMIN. Wow!

MM2004
02-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Wow I cant believe the gall to delete my post referring to getting the install information that was posted elsewhere to better your car...I guess free information must be through this channel or no channel...so if it was posted on one of our personal websites? That's is soo stinkin' ridiculous guys...I'm not trying to start anything here...I'm not a troublemaker and I detest drama...I guess believing that there are good people on other web sites makes me dangerous to this one. Well...now I know that non-offensive opinions are not allowed here! As a pastor I often find myself subject to discussions and pics that I dont agree with...but I choose to include and not separate.

Kenny and I are from two different worlds of lifestyle, philospohy and and even faith but we definitely get along and I call him "Friend". I think we decided long ago(maybe subconsciously) to just live and let live. If you saw us together it would be hard to believe that these two unlikely guys actually laugh, joke and have fun. Just remember that we are all just people(not all have a grudge) before you hit the delete button ADMIN. Wow!

Your post was deleted by me simply because it was off track to what this thread is about, and the quote contained in your post from another member.

I was merely cleaning up posts that I saw as leading to site bashing that is not supported here.

There is good information in this thread which should be the main focus, not MM.net vs. MCM.com.

Memebers that visit MCM are not considered a 'danger' to this site, and are always welcome here.

This also applies to information, free or not, and does not have to come from this site solely.

Mike.

FordNut
02-23-2008, 06:09 AM
On second thought....

TiTo35
02-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok....so how about those HID conversions?!?!?!

Peace2Peep
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I can honestly say until I get my T/S Trilogy this is my bang for the buck performance/bling favorite upgrade!

TiTo35
02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
I can honestly say until I get my T/S Trilogy this is my bang for the buck performance/bling favorite upgrade!

And which one do you have?
Price, problems, install???

hidperf
03-19-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.xenonvisions.com/

JMan
03-21-2008, 04:23 AM

Wow! That's quite the endorsement!

J

Eric-Blk2004
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Any kit for the fog lamps? white and yellow headlights are weaksauce

SILVERSURFER03
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Find My Earlier Post They Car Fog Light Kits

ctrlraven
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Only problem with doing a fog lamp kit is if your out in the rain, that area gets soaked so just have to make sure you tape everything up real good.

hidperf
04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I just ordered a set of Bi-Xenon 6k 9007 HID and a set of 6k H1 HID for 225.00 shipped from Xenon Vision. I'll let everyone know what I think of them when they're installed.

If anyone wants better lighting without going to HID, I have a complete setup that I was going to put in my car until I ordered the HIDs. Nokya 5k 80w/100w 9007s, Nokya 80w H1s and both high powered harnesses with a power distribution block for a clean install. PM me for pricing.

TiTo35
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I just ordered a set of Bi-Xenon 6k 9007 HID and a set of 6k H1 HID for 225.00 shipped from Xenon Vision. I'll let everyone know what I think of them when they're installed.

If anyone wants better lighting without going to HID, I have a complete setup that I was going to put in my car until I ordered the HIDs. Nokya 5k 80w/100w 9007s, Nokya 80w H1s and both high powered harnesses with a power distribution block for a clean install. PM me for pricing.

Are you saying you got 2 kits for 225...or just bulbs?

hidperf
04-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Are you saying you got 2 kits for 225...or just bulbs?
Two complete kits..shipped...for 225. And, they have high and low beam HIDs. I haven't gotten them yet but I'll post pics when I do. They're supposed to ship out tomorrow, Friday the 4th.

TiTo35
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Two complete kits..shipped...for 225. And, they have high and low beam HIDs. I haven't gotten them yet but I'll post pics when I do. They're supposed to ship out tomorrow, Friday the 4th.

Thats the ticket!!! Do you have a link?

hidperf
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
http://www.xenonvisions.com/

This is the place. I got them in a group buy but even normal price they're only 165.00 for the 9007s. I'll contact him and see if he's interested in doing a group buy on here.

hidperf
04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
They just came in today. I don't know when I'll be able to install them though. I'll get some before and after pics and install pics though when I do.

I'd post pics but for some reason my links don't work in here.

DTRMiguel
12-01-2008, 08:08 AM
http://www.eurodezigns.com/ $189! :up: And Silversurfer has them on his they look good

deputycrawford
12-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Hotrauder. The red one in your pic. What kind of Air dam thingy is under the bumper cover? I really like it Where can I get one, and how much?

Bigdough
12-11-2008, 07:13 AM
They just came in today. I don't know when I'll be able to install them though. I'll get some before and after pics and install pics though when I do.

I'd post pics but for some reason my links don't work in here.

Any updates on this?