PDA

View Full Version : Need a passenger side mirror

BlkRauderMatt
02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Someone took out my mirror when I had the MM parked on the street the other night. :mad: Figures one of the very rare times I park on the street at my girlfriends house that someone decides to drift over and nail my mirror...

I THINK I just need the mirror itself... The whole assembly looks fine (except the scrapes and scratches on the painted part). But the mirror popped out and of course cracked..

Any help would be appreciated! Send me a PM if you have something! Thanks!!

ImpalaSlayer
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
contact 1of327 if you need it painted let me know

Rocknthehawk
02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
try your local glass shop. the one here can order just the mirror part, i did it for a used mirror once.

FordNut
02-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Keep in mind the glass is not flat on the passenger side mirror. And it has a heater element built in.

I'm not sure if the glass is useable after being removed for installing the Muth mirrors with built-in signals. I'm gonna be installing these sometime in the not-too-distant future but it may be longer than you want to wait.

You ought to be able to get a mirror from a CV, GM, or MM. I believe the painted cover is removeable and could be swapped if you get one from a different color car.

whoskal
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
save yourself some money and go to a junkyard and take one off a GM or CV.....My passenger side mirror got busted a while back....I went to a junyard and got the whole assembly off a 02 GM for $20 bucks.....perfect condition....exact same mirror.........

I needed to replace just the glass as well ............you can pop the glass out with some careful tugging....but watch how hard you pull because there is two wires connected to the back of the glass for your heating element, and they did not leave a whole lot of slack

whoskal
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
and if you dont want to go that route Ray the dealer can get you a new piece of glass for about $45

RoyLPita
02-21-2008, 11:18 AM
If you get one and are bringing the car to the picnic, I can install it for you.