PDA

View Full Version : Car wash and photo shoot!

jdando
02-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey there guys!

With the spring like weather this weekend how about a car wash and photo shoot on Lake Minnetonka!

Car wash at my house and then a short drive to fabulous Lake Minnetonka for a photo shoot on Lake Minnetonka. This is the exact location of the world famous 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ice Fishing Marauder! Be part of the biggest "Marauders on Ice".
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/map.JPG

What is in it for you?

Hand carwash with hot, soft water.
Use of Gilmour foam gun
Use of genuine sheepskin fuzzy mitt
Hot coffee
Bragging rites that you were here; SSM maybe bigger, but we are colder TM

Hang out, have fun

Location; My house in Plymouth, MN PM for directions
When; Sunday, Sunday, Sunday 24 February wash from 1-4:00pm photo shot at 4:30pm on the lake

CRUZTAKER
02-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Awesome!

Down here in warmer Ohio, we wouldn't dare do something like that.

You guys are craaaazy.:P

ImpalaSlayer
02-23-2008, 10:56 AM
sunday sunday sunday!

hahaha i remeber those comericals

PRCARGUY
02-23-2008, 11:15 AM
It sounds like fun.:D Wish I could tell you "I'll be there" but your a bit too far away for me. :(

rayjay
02-23-2008, 02:27 PM
You've got spring like weather in Minnesota??? Send some this way please.

crouse
02-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm there! My Marauder looks white from all of the salt.

TiTo35
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
I am damn near tempted....I need a wash after this "ice" storm we had...salt everywhere...and no ice!:shake:

oldekid
02-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Jeremy,
That sounds like a ton of fun, but my "Reba" can't handle anything less than 70 degrees. :snowman: I didn't see any part of Florida on your map, so I'm sure it's too far for her to travel.

Hope you get lots of takers, and some great shots. Please share them with us.

There ain't nothing better than a sparkling clean Marauder sitting on a sparkly frozen lake. . . . yeah right! Just kidding. . . I've seen what you can do with that situation.

Just having fun with you. . . . good luck up there my friend!

Grifter
02-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Wish I could be there. The wife and I already have plans for today.
Sounds like it would be a blast though.

LimoMerc
02-24-2008, 09:00 AM
I put it in storage a few months back. I have a honey-do-list I'm working on today so I cannot attend but I'm looking forward to the photos as well as spring. Have fun!!!:beer:

GarageMahal
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I think I can make it :) So where am I supposed to go for the wash? I assume Jeremy doesn't live in the middle of the lake :P

I will probably be running late but hopefully can catch up sometime between 2 and 3.

jta

Edit: PM sent

jdando
02-24-2008, 05:01 PM
A great "spring-like" day here in MN.

Washed three Marauders and then headed out to the lake.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/ifmfront.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/ifmlow.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/ifmside.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/meninblack.jpg

Left to right
Ken, Jeremy, Jevon, Curt
Captain, jdando, garagemahal, crouse

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/theifm.jpg

Stay tuned for the final pictures!

Bluerauder
02-24-2008, 05:55 PM
A great "spring-like" day here in MN.

Washed three Marauders and then headed out to the lake.
Very nice pics !! :up: How much ice? 12" or better?

crouse
02-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for hosting the event. Here is a before and after shot of my Marauder.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/IMG_1864a.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/IMG_1900a.JPG

TiTo35
02-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Umm where are you guys coats?!?!?!

piglit50
02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for hosting the event. Here is a before and after shot of my Marauder.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/IMG_1864a.JPG

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/IMG_1900a.JPG
i bet shes happy to be clean:banana2:

Black_Noise
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
the unclean pic makes me cringe... mine was like that after a road trip in jan, i had to leave it like that for a week cause it was like 10 degrees all week, i coulnt stop thinking about it.

thats the only times mine have been out this winter

DOOM
02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like you guys had alot of fun.

03Farmmarauder
02-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Hope u didnt forget those door jams ;)

MMinMN
02-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Looks like fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. My Marauder hibernates in the winter. Hope to have her back out in about a month! I did start her up and pull her out in to the driveway yesterday just keep things lubricated. Beautiful day.

CRUZTAKER
02-25-2008, 08:58 AM

They're from Minnesota!
They don't need no stickin' coats.:P

Hell. 40 degrees is jacket weather in Northern Ohio...those Minnesotans prolly sun tan in 40 degrees!

Excellent pics guys. Looked like fun!

crouse
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Hope u didnt forget those door jams ;)

Unfortunately mine is already starting to show signs of rust along the inside of the bottoms of the doors. A friend of mine suggested having a body shop inject this waxy sealer in the doors to help extend the life. Anyone had this done?

03Farmmarauder
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately mine is already starting to show signs of rust along the inside of the bottoms of the doors. A friend of mine suggested having a body shop inject this waxy sealer in the doors to help extend the life. Anyone had this done?

NO!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THAT!!!!! That hold the rust in the door and thats a very bad thing to do. Dont try to do quick fixes people. I dont drive any of my cars in the winter but my SUVs and trucks go out and we keep vehicals for a long time and never have any rust. ALWAYS WASH AND WAX DOOR JAMS!!!! Now if u do have rust the correct way of fixing it is to buy new OEM doors. However if the door is just rusty on the "lip" this problem may be able to be cured. First thing to do is sand down the area till you see metal and then get a good rust converter and make sure u get as much rust as possible then use a lead bar or solder that is acid free to correct any of the rust outs or pits. Remember the key is low heat to prevent from having to repaint the outer skin. Then use a good body filler that is water resistant and that is the key "BONDO" will hold water and make paint bubble. Now tape everything off and paint. make sure to blend the paint up and to use clear then wet sand the entire door jam to remove O PEEL You should be able to blend clear in these areas so its not required that u paint entire jam. This does not work all the time but if you catch it in time it will work 95% of the time Good luck and if u drive ur marauder in winter remember those door jams are more important that the paint on the outside of the vehical. ;)

Breadfan
02-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Very nice pics !! :up: How much ice? 12" or better?

Whatever it is it can support about 16,800lbs of Marauders!

Bluerauder
02-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Whatever it is it can support about 16,800lbs of Marauders!
Yeah, my question is how did they know that BEFORE they got on. I used to remember what thickness of ice would hold which class vehicle; but I guess that I am now beginning to suffer from the early stages of C.R.A.F.T. ;)

Breadfan
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, my question is how did they know that BEFORE they got on. I used to remember what thickness of ice would hold which class vehicle; but I guess that I am now beginning to suffer from the early stages of C.R.A.F.T. ;)

Is C.R.A.F.T. a form of CRS?

As for the MM's on ice, is there any cracking sound as large vehicles drive out onto the ice?

And just a note you all are wearing the same type of jackets driving your cars onto a deeply frozen lake that I wear in the fall! :bows: I expected to see you all bundled up or something!

Blk Mamba
02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
WOW My car has twins, and lots of them. Looks like fun wish I were there.

BTW I think it's Can't remember a F***ing Thing!!

HookedOnCV
02-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it there on Sunday and represent the Ford side of things, but I had other family commitments. Thanks for the invite though Jeremy. My car is a mess too and could have used the wash. I hate running it through the car wash, but sometimes that's all you can do when it's as cold as it has been this winter.

I look forward to getting together again soon with the Minnesota group...can't wait until spring!!!

superford3
02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I wish i would have seen this,i would have drove the vic there

crouse
02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
NO!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THAT!!!!! That hold the rust in the door and thats a very bad thing to do. Dont try to do quick fixes people. I dont drive any of my cars in the winter but my SUVs and trucks go out and we keep vehicals for a long time and never have any rust. ALWAYS WASH AND WAX DOOR JAMS!!!! Now if u do have rust the correct way of fixing it is to buy new OEM doors. However if the door is just rusty on the "lip" this problem may be able to be cured. First thing to do is sand down the area till you see metal and then get a good rust converter and make sure u get as much rust as possible then use a lead bar or solder that is acid free to correct any of the rust outs or pits. Remember the key is low heat to prevent from having to repaint the outer skin. Then use a good body filler that is water resistant and that is the key "BONDO" will hold water and make paint bubble. Now tape everything off and paint. make sure to blend the paint up and to use clear then wet sand the entire door jam to remove O PEEL You should be able to blend clear in these areas so its not required that u paint entire jam. This does not work all the time but if you catch it in time it will work 95% of the time Good luck and if u drive ur marauder in winter remember those door jams are more important that the paint on the outside of the vehical. ;)

This is good information. Thanks for the heads up on the wax sealer stuff.

Bluerauder
02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Is C.R.A.F.T. a form of CRS?
It is a transition to a more serious form of CRS. It occurs when you "Can't Remember A ******* Thing". :rofl:

MinnesotaMuscle
02-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Would have made it but had surgery the Friday before.....just something about driving while taking heavy doses of Oxycodone....thanks for the heads up tho Jeremy!

SC Cheesehead
02-27-2008, 09:34 AM

Are you kidding me? 40 degrees in Minnesota, in February? That's darn near shorts weather!!:lol:

SCCH

captain
02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Jeremy's grin says it all!! Thank you for the hospitality!
4 rauders in a row...Really turns heads. Too funny.

offroadkarter
02-27-2008, 07:41 PM
sunday sunday sunday!

hahaha i remeber those comericals

:lol:

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Looks like a blast Jeremy. Coats? Hell, it's 10* here in town, and I've been in hoodies all winter long!

offroadkarter
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Those pictures are awesome, it'd be fun to drive on a lake (literally of course)