PDA

View Full Version : Logan: How About A Los Angeles Forum?

studio460
08-09-2003, 06:04 PM
I would love to start an L.A.-based forum as well (e.g., "Los Angeles-Area Marauders"). There are actually more of us than I realized after one thread went off-topic and I discovered the rest of us. Thanks for supporting a great site!

Logan
08-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Can I get away with doing a "West Coast Forum"?

studio460
08-09-2003, 06:43 PM
For efficiency, I guess you would prefer fewer categories--I'll leave it up to you--perhaps Southern California and Northern California? If that's too many forums, then a single West Coast is fine--thanks, Logan.

Thanks again for all your effort in creating this great site!

JamesHecker
08-09-2003, 08:15 PM
Sounds great to me. West Coast, California, North Los Angeles County...whatever we can have would be great!

I'm looking forward to all of us getting together. I thought the middle of September might be a good time?

studio460
08-10-2003, 02:56 AM
Hey James . . .

Mid-September does sound about right, BUT the %&#@$&! Emmy Awards are smack dab in the middle of it (Sunday, Sept. 20). During the two weeks prior to that Sunday is usually A WHOLE LOTTA prep work for me. Lemme see as we get closer.

Maybe Chicane Performance would be a good place to meet as maudominguez suggested? Though, it's not too central for many of you (it's in the South Bay in Torrance).

My only suggestions for an alternate meeting place (to Peterson's and Chicane) are:

1. That there be a pretty decent place to eat nearby.
2. That there is a nice, big, uncrowded parking lot nearby (preferably with fresh blacktop) where we can park and gawk at each other's cars to no end.
3. (optional, but highly desirable) A really cool background for the Los Angeles Marauders group photo!

Talk to you soon.

amerikan
08-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Logan, Thanks for the forum. I got my mods done at Chicane... great place... i just dont know if they'd have room

JamesHecker
08-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Makes no difference to me... September, October...anytime is fine as long as there is some notice to schedule around it.

I don't know where or what Chicane is, and I am all for making sure there is a good background. You take good photographs NBC, I'm sure all of our Marauders will look even better through your lens.

I liked the idea of Peterson's when somebody mentioned it. I've never been there and always wanted to. But really, wherever we end up is fine.

I'm doubt if it's centrally located, but I do know of some great places to eat with lots of room up here in Santa Clarita, Valencia area.

amerikan
08-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah NBC, i meant to compliment you on your photography... its great.

studio460
08-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Amerikan! I just bought a new digital camera last week, a Minolta Dimage 7hi, to replace my aging Dimage 7, which would've been GREAT for Ennis--unfortunately I can't go because of work.

Hopefully there's a Nikon D100 (a $1,700 D-SLR that takes Nikkor lenses, which I already have a ton of) in my future someday too. Wait 'til you see THOSE pictures! I'm dying to use my Nikkor 300mm "bikini" lens on the Marauder (most bikini photography is shot with 300-600mm lenses)!

So whenever we decide on our local L.A. meet, I definitely plan to take some cool pictures of all of us and our cars with my new Minolta digicam!

Dave Compson
08-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Ill drive down from vegas to attend. Count me in. I cant make it to texas, so maybe a little road trip on this side of the coast is in order.

jefferson-mo
08-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Hey guys hey 'bout Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart about mid-nite????

:lol:

:lol:

studio460
08-12-2003, 04:18 AM
jefferson-mo:

Yeah, good ole' Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart . . . Maybe if some L.A.P.D. cruisers were coming also, I'd go to that meet! Plus, that exact Tommy's made me deathly ill once! . . . Rampart Division . . . the busiest L.A.P.D. division in the city of Los Angeles!

I was thinking of something more Westside, with more "scenery" perhaps (e.g., hot women)? Either that or something with a really nice parking lot.

Well, even if we can't find any hot women, maybe we can all pitch in and hire a bikini model to take pictures with our cars? Whadduya say? I know a designer that works with a bunch of models--I'll ask around. Boy, my girlfriend's gonna LOVE that one! Maybe we oughta forget the model . . .

martyo
08-12-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter
Well, even if we can't find any hot women, maybe we can all pitch in and hire a bikini model to take pictures with our cars? Whadduya say? I know a designer that works with a bunch of models--I'll ask around. Boy, my girlfriend's gonna LOVE that one!

Advice of Counsel: "Don't!"

studio460
08-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Duly noted, Counselor . . .

But wouldn't that've been cool?!?!?!? Bikini models . . . :::::sigh:::::

dailydriver
08-18-2003, 05:41 PM
I agree with JamesHecker. There are some good places to meet in Santa Clarita. The Auto Spa's cruise night or Route 66 come to mind.

Count me in for the event where ever it is held.:D

JamesHecker
08-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Both of those sound like excellant suggestions! Best sushi and teppan resturant I've ever been to is right next door to Auto Spa.

I think Route 66 is a 50's style diner.

I'ld be happy to check with Auto Spa for the dates of the next couple of cruise nights. I can check with Route 66 also.

For those so inclined, you might include a trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I might even be able to get discount admission. And, I'm sure I can get a corporate rate at one of the hotels for those driving distance.

What's everyone think?

maudominguez
08-18-2003, 08:55 PM
MAN THIS WOULD BE GREAT ANYWHERE. BUT AS FAR AS MY INITIAL SUGGESTION TO MAKE CHICANE A PLACE TO MEET, WELL AMERICAN IS ON THE MONEY. THERE IS ONLY PARKING CAPACITY FOR 8 OR 9 CARS ON THE LOT. AND ON ANY GIVEN DAY THERE IS AT LEAST THREE OR FOUR MUSTANGS SITTING THERE ANYWAY. NOW THERE IS ALWAYS CURBSIDE PARKING BUT THAT'S PROBABLY NOT A SET UP WE'RE LOOKING FOR FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. NO NEARBY BACKGROUND OR SCENERY FOR PICTURES NOR A GOOD PLACE TO GET DECENT CHOU, NOR ANY FINE LOOKING HONEYS IN BIKINIS TO POSE FOR OUR PICS.:D WELL THAT I KNOW OF AT LEAST. LIKE AMERIKAN SAID: GREAT PLACE TO GET YOUR MODS THOUGH!! WHEN I FIRST THOUGHT OF THIS I DID NOT IMAGINE WE HAD THIS MANY CA/WEST COAST MBRS. EXCELLENT, THE MORE THE BETTER.
REGARDLESS OF WHERE, PLEASE COUNT ME IN. WOULD BE COOL MEETING ALL OF YOU AND YOUR MMS IN PERSON!

SHOOTER HOPE THAT FORUM COMES TROUGH FOR US. WAY TO TAKE CHARGE AND INITIATIVE BROTHER.:up:
KEEP US POSTED.

studio460
08-18-2003, 11:15 PM
James:

What is AutoSpa? What does the cruise night entail?

JamesHecker
08-18-2003, 11:30 PM
AutoSpa is a car care center. Various auto service and accessory shops with an upscale car wash as the anchor tenant. They have an organized event "car show" on a regular basis.

I'll get the schedule for the next couple of events and report back here.

dailydriver
08-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Auto Spa has a cruise night the first Saturday of every month which benefits a different charity. It is open to all catagories of cars, trucks and motorcycles. Last month there was a PT Cruiser club that met there as well as a Ford Lighting club(in addition to a dozen or so hot rods). There is plenty of parking and as JamesHecker said a great sushi/teppan resturant. There is also a Fatburger around the corner. My wife is friends with one of the ladies who helps organize special events(she got me in as a judge one night). I will have her call and see what the specfics are if you guys are in to it. Any suggestions as to what month would be best?

JamesHecker
08-20-2003, 12:14 AM
I spoke to Randy (the owner of the carwash) today and was going to report details here....but dailydriver got the scoop! :D

So...what he said!

So, you must be a nieghbor of mine, daily.

Where did you buy your Marauder? I got mine from Steve at Magic Lincoln Mercury. I got the first one they had. I even think I got the first one in Southern California.

Anyway...back on the subject, any takers for Cruise Night in Valencia?

dailydriver
08-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Got mine from Galpin. I went to Magic first but didn't get very far with them. This is the second time I have gone to Magic and walked out shaking my head. Both times I have gone to Galpin the next day and left with the car and deal I was looking for.

LVMarauder
08-20-2003, 03:05 PM
A West Coast and not a North and South Cali. forum would be better because there are people who dont live in cali that have Marauders. Thanks.

Logan
08-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Clicky Clickity Click Click (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=32) for the new left coast forum. :)

dailydriver
08-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks Loagan.

studio460
08-20-2003, 07:08 PM
THANKS LOGAN!!!

ParkRanger
08-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Mid-September sounds fine - Count me in!
My wife won't like the model thing...but if I insist that the idea came from all the other MM owners she may agree. Ouch, what was that?

Sounds like it will be *****en day!!

ParkRanger

Currently leased stock MM by employer and can't wait for buy out so I can get started with upgrades.

RCSignals
09-02-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Can I get away with doing a "West Coast Forum"?

Not really. It's too big of an area, and all us Oregon Marauder owners get lost in the mix with all the LA area owners........