PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing Forum

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Great news! I spoke with one of the adminstrators (MARY) today and we are going to have a special forum for us DRAG RACERS:banana2:.

Our own place for tire burning, shredding, smoking, go fast, have a blast, fun 1320 crazy types. I will post upcoming events and everyone can contribute to the forum to keep us all up-to-date drag racing information......

Way to Go MM.NET:burnout:

Cobra25
02-28-2008, 12:08 PM
That's good News for everyone. Great idea Tom !

magindat
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
:eek: Tom said 'Drag' forum. I thought he was gonna start a forum on how to 'dress'.
:laugh:

:beer:

Good idea, Tom. A nice central place for us crappy 1320 drivers to learn!!!

Cheeseheadbob
02-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Tom! I hope to get one of those cool 11 sec avatars. We should know around 1000 Saturday...:burnout:

John Nero
02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
That's good News for everyone. Great idea Tom !

the new area is not for you -you have to drag race(every 5 years does not count)

arejayesss
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey, where do I find one of those avatars that says Modular Ford on it? I guess I would need the 15 second club:lol:

merc
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Now we can start the Civil War reenactment again. You know the story, the Northern Union wins because that's were all the Big Dogs lives. :beer::banana2: See ya in GA.

2ndMDRebel
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey Merc, Maryland is a border state, we had troops on both sides!

John Nero
02-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Now we can start the Civil War reenactment again. You know the story, the Northern Union wins because that's were all the Big Dogs lives. :beer::banana2: See ya in GA.

yea but the southern boys know how to party:party:

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Not all the Big Dogs are in the north anymore my friend:shake:. Come on down to the NMRA Spring Break Shootout at Bradenton next week. And yes, I'll see you in Georgia next November:beer:. Not Civil Wars, Marauder wars:lol:.

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Now that is funny right there..:laugh:.....glad to see you are at it again John.

the new area is not for you -you have to drag race(every 5 years does not count)

merc
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Not all the Big Dogs are in the north anymore my friend:shake:. Come on down to the NMRA Spring Break Shootout at Bradenton next week. And yes, I'll see you in Georgia next November:beer:. Not Civil Wars, Marauder wars:lol:.

I wish I could but my rear seal has a leak and we need to drop the transmission. I will have all the bugs worked out soon. It's only a matter of time.

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey, where do I find one of those avatars that says Modular Ford on it? I guess I would need the 15 second club:lol:

Become a member of Modularfords.com.

Glenn
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Tom:

The forum is great, but what proof do we use of our times now that offical timeslips are questioned. We can post timeslips and people will just state "the computer was wrong"!!!!!!! I very much doubt that a major NHRA track can afford to have any computer malfunctions. Have you heard of any? Running a 1.57 when I have run 1.72 is not unbelievable especially when I had brand new Nittos DRs used for the first time that day that were smoked real good. I do not have a timeslip with me running 1/2 second faster then my fastest time with no new mods! What say you, Tom. I need an offical ruling from a real racer.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44 191&stc=1&d=1195919258

and this was my very next run on trash Nittos -

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e19e9cb7-a380-46bc-86af-99f50173ef29.htm

Glenn :burnout:

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I wish I could but my rear seal has a leak and we need to drop the transmission. I will have all the bugs worked out soon. It's only a matter of time.

You will get it all taken care of I am sure. See ya soon my friend. Remember who's tranny is in your car.;)

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Tom:

The forum is great, but what proof do we use of our times now that offical timeslips are questioned. We can post timeslips and people will just state "the computer was wrong"!!!!!!! I very much doubt that a major NHRA track can afford to have any computer malfunctions. Have you heard of any? Running a 1.57 when I have run 1.72 is not unbelievable especially when I had brand new Nittos DRs used for the first time that day that were smoked real good. I do not have a timeslip with me running 1/2 second faster then my fastest time with no new mods! What say you, Tom. I need an offical ruling from a real racer.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44 191&stc=1&d=1195919258

Glenn, I have rarely ever heard of computer malfunctions. I am sure once and awhile it can happen. It should not be an issue at all with us..

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks, Tom! I hope to get one of those cool 11 sec avatars. We should know around 1000 Saturday...:burnout:

Give it hell Bob:up: Hope you have nice cool and dry temps.

Glenn
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Tom:

OK, I will keep it in my sig. :)

Keep this "9 sec Club" icon for future use.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/images/avatars/9sec.jpg

MarauderTJA
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Tom:

OK, I will keep it in my sig. :)

Keep this "9 sec Club" icon for future use.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/images/avatars/9sec.jpg

Ya right Glenn. I couldn't even imagine getting anywhere near that number.

sailsmen
02-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Glen, Thanks for posting the slip.

Looking at all the numbers the only one that does not make sense is the 1/4 time of 12.4.

Based on my data base you were on a 11.90 run and let up right before the finish line.

Please take a few minutes to think back on that race and I beleive you will remember that is what happened.

I do not let up until I see the speedo exceed the est trap speed by 5 mph.;)

Glenn
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes, the run was very unusal. As soon as I hit the gas the ABS light came on and I felt something was not right. I believe my speed control cruise control button was stuck which meant my Line lock was still on. If you look at the button on the steering column you can see what I mean. I believe my LL was dragging the front wheels. Due to my concern with the ABS I may have in fact not kept the gas pedal down - it is possible. I honestly believe it was a very strong run which would have been much better then my next run which was 11.96.

Aren Jay
02-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Glad one of my suggestions worked.

Now where is the road course racing forum?

sailsmen
02-29-2008, 07:25 AM
I put all my runs in an Xcel file and usually the Temp/Hum. Grouped by mods on the car.

It is a valuable data base. Paul has all his runs in a word file.

I bought a TAG Weather w/ Dial In feature.

Will start using when my "Regeneration" is finished.

One Test N' Tune I was testing 4 different chips. One was a torque monster with a low 60' but not the best ET.

Egon Spengler
02-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Mine is stock so... whatever a time slip is for a stocker... let's just say that was me!! (As long as it has a good R/T on it!!!)

Paul T. Casey
03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
one word, finally.