PDA

View Full Version : Handling and Suspension ?

Davesvt2000
02-28-2008, 04:13 PM
I see that most members go with the Addco front and rear sway bars, but how about lowering springs ? What do most members here recommend ? TireRack.com lists a kit by Eibach part # 3596.120, with a 1.2 in. drop in the rear, and 1.4 in. drop in the front. Anyone using this kit ?

2,4shofast
02-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Many people dont like the harsh ride from the Eibach's so many have cut one full coil from the stock fronts. I havent done either so I dont have an opinion. Marauders dont have rear springs, but there is a way to adjust the ride height of the air bags...do a search it has been in a lot of posts. Enjoy the Marauder!:beer:

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Yea Dave, don't go with the Eibach's. Tell the truth, my car handles just fine with f/r Addco's and control arms. Of course, I haven't been in a MM with a coil cut so I can't compare.

ts-pa
02-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I think that Krytin (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1426) has lowered suspension setup, and he cut the stock coils.

Raudermaster
02-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Zack too, along with Rich (magindat) and Marauder. There's more, just can't think of any.

HwyCruiser
02-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I did a full coil cut on the OEM front springs and liked it a lot for both looks and handling. I also put the beefier addco on the front but it made it handle a tad too harshly on uneven roads for my liking (I imagine due to the poly bushings), so I put the OEM bar back on and figured it was just about right.

Krytin
02-29-2008, 03:50 AM
I have the QA1 coil-over conversion in front w/hybrid OEM coils cut 1 coil. The rear air bags are as low as you can go and the front may be a little too low but w/Addco F/R the thing handles like it's on rails! The down side is that rough roads can shake your eyeballs loose. It's a matter of preference. The car will be at Carlisle this year if you want a test drive.

JMan
02-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Oh boy! Here we go again . . .
I have them in my Crown Victoria and love them - love them! People ride along with me all the time including several members here! No one ever complains about them and it totally blows away the cut springs they replaced - totally! I wish I had never cut the originals, but despite knowing not to do it, I did! By the way, I also run my BFG's at 50psi cold and use nearly factory alignment specs! Alrighty, the door is open for a crap-shoot.

[JMan quickly jumps into his flame suit]

en garde,

J

BigCars4Ever
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I have the Eibachs up front. They drop the car the same amount that the larger rims raised the car. It will set your body back to Factory Grand Marquis height. As for the ride, it's harsh but I think it handles well. I only have the rear Addco bar with stock bar and bushings up front. I like the tight suspension feel personaly. I don't want to drive a limo.