PDA

View Full Version : Time Slips?

Pops
02-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Is it possible to have a time slips page so us non Marauders can post on it? I know my GM is back on the MM page again and it does not belong there. If you fill out the time slips it goes there. It would also be kind of cool to have a separate time slip page for each power group. Like a Trilogy page, Pro Charger,Vortech, NOS and NA. What do you guys think?

magindat
02-29-2008, 07:41 AM
I think if you break it down too much, it won't be fun any more. You belong there, our Marauder motored brother!!!

Blackmobile
02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
I think if you break it down too much, it won't be fun any more. You belong there, our Marauder motored brother!!!

I have to agree with Rich, and your GM should be considered a Marauder in sheeps clothing.

Pops
02-29-2008, 07:55 AM
What ever you guys think. Thanks for the vote on the car guys!

MarauderTJA
02-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I also believe the timeslip page needs to be edited for those that do not own Marauders anymore. Let the new owners post their own times. Although I know this would be a difficult task to achieve.

2ndMDRebel
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Do you mean any Panther platform car is elligible for the board's timeslip ranking as long as it has the Marauder DOHC engine or is this just for the (potentially) new timeslip ranking?

Blackmobile
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I think John suggestion pertains more to a filter that will recognize Marauders, GM, CV, and CVPIs. This would only be possible if the description of your Ride would only have specific field responses, where right now there are a number of responses in that field, like procharger #, color, 300A or B, trilogy #, etc.
That's my :twocents:

MarauderTJA
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
It would have to be a separate time slip page. My son-in-law has a 94 MK VIII Lincoln with my prior Marauder Motor in it with a Procharger. He runs 12.0's and 12.1's consistantly. Marauder powered, but not a Panther.

Pops
02-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Tom thats my thinking also. We need the current page but should have one that all the members can post there times on. It would be more fun for us wannabees. Nothing like some good competion in your sites! Look how much Eddie wanted to be faster than me. Gotta give him credit as he took me out!

KillJoy
02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I think the Timeslips need overhauled BIG TIME.

It is: The Car's time? The Owner's Time? The Driver's Time?

I know MANY of the cars on there were not driven by it's Owner. I know several of the times listed there are from Old Owners who sold the car.

:dunno:

KillJoy

magindat
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I think the reader just has to be smart enough to filter the rankings themselves. I mean like now, Tom could be fastest full-trim, Ed could be fastest NA stock bottom end, blah, blah, blah. Just read between the lines yourself and take pride in your own achievements.

To this end, vehicle info should be as complete as possible, so that we CAN apply such a mental filter. Therein, is the real problem if you ask me.

For example, I'm gonna see a 12.1 Procharged car and its gonna say MarkVIII with Marauder motor and I'm gonna ignore it. If I'm Ed, I'm gonna ignore the bored/stroked NA entry, Ignore the lighter Aero body and go from there. However, I'm still gonna cheer for John to move up the page... IOW, apply a mental filter.

I say that based on where we are now and so much customizing, etc has been done, that an active member with a Marauder power plant should be able to post times.

We're all smart (and hopefully mature) enough to filter the results in our own minds.

I, for one, find applying such a filter educational as I learn what it takes to do the times that are done. He has this and he has that and he's faster. That's how we learn, people!!!

Pops
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
One addition should be Race day weight. MY car comes in at 4250 with a quarter tank of gas and my lard butt in it. I would start a thread on how I am going to move up that page if someone could teach me how to get the pictures into the thread. I am challanged on that one!

sailsmen
02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Problem with race day weight is the track I run at nobody weighs in or for test n tunes it's closed.

I think we should have 2 time slips Marauder per VIN and all other. You can see the times on all other and make the mental figure on your own.

This way the Mercury Marauder gets to show case and non-Marauder members get to show case.

Mixing the two and we will have Corvettes and Vipers and Hot Rods and Ninjas and NASCAR and a ham sandwich. We had this when it was not limited to Marauder.

If we have Panther Platform then we may become CV.

Glenn
02-29-2008, 07:27 PM
The administrators need to overhaul the Timeslips page. First, no valid timeslip - NO post. Look at the Timeslip page and click on the timeslips you will be surprised on how many fast runners have NO timeslip. If you do not own a MM anymore remove the post. Timeslips cannot be more then 2 years old or remove. My $0.02.

Glenn :burnout:

MM03MOK
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM
The timeslip database is integrated into the website software, allowing your information to be added through your profile. There is a "sort by" menu on the upper right. This database "hack" is not supported by the creator any longer or vBulletin, so we gots what we gots. The other way is to create a spreadsheet attached to a stickied thread in the Drag Race forum, but it has to be managed manually.

I have asked non-Marauders to delete their information and if they haven't responded, have deleted the info myself. I have done some other deletions such as two entries for the same car, and cars no longer owned by members.

The system is not perfect. I have not found another supported hack to substitute.

KillJoy
02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
The administrators need to overhaul the Timeslips page. First, no valid timeslip - NO post. Look at the Timeslip page and click on the timeslips you will be surprised on how many fast runners have NO timeslip. If you do not own a MM anymore remove the post. Timeslips cannot be more then 2 years old or remove. My $0.02.

I agree w/ all EXCEPT what is in Bold....

Some folks are just not into the racing, and may just go one.....

KillJoy

Glenn
02-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Thank you Bunny. Now please remove posts without any timeslips attached.

John Nero
02-29-2008, 08:12 PM

somebody tell me how and i will add timeslip

MM03MOK
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM

Glenn :burnout:Attached timeslips are part of the software problem. Some actually show avatars instead of timeslips. I know you've been a long time advocate for an accurate database. If someone can find me a vBulletin compatible database that is currently supported, we can look into an update.

MM03MOK
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
somebody tell me how and i will add timeslip
Upload your timeslip to the Gallery or other online location. Copy the URL of that picture (not the Gallery page, but the URL below the picture) and paste the URL into the place at the bottom of your Profile. VIOLA!

sailsmen
03-01-2008, 02:22 AM

Woa!

Not everbody saves their time slips from their fastest run 1 year or 2 ago.

Timeslips can fade over time. Some may not be able to go back and upload their time slip due to being lost or faded out. Remember when the photos were lost, same could happen to the time slip.

Lets not retroactivly change the rules. Only Congress can do that!

Time slips can be easily forged so they don't replace the honor system.

Will we only take NHRA or also take IHRA? What about a track that is niether. Only races or Test N' Tune? Single runs be excluded?

How do we verify mods? How do we verify they even own a Marauder? They could run a Corvette and we would never know. How about requiring a video of the run and a sworn affidavit with 3 witnesses? :lol:

Let's try to KISS. As in it's a record of an event as reported by a member for the time of a Marauder. Perfect in it's simplisity.:D

KillJoy
03-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Let's try to KISS. As in it's a record of an event as reported by a member for the time of a Marauder. Perfect in it's simplisity.:D

I agree.....

I was at a local "track" last night, and ran a 3 Pass best of a 9.765 Quarter Mile!!

WOO WOO!!!!

KillJoy

sailsmen
03-01-2008, 06:22 AM
OK smarty pants!*

I have 184 time slips of which 60 are when I lost. I can just post those 60 time slips showing the guy that had a faster time as my own time.;)

Point being it's an honor system no matter. Make it so complicated you will turn people away, have disagreements and have to higher NFL Referees with everyone agreeing to arbitration.

How much of what is posted on this site "verified" by anything?

I am sailsmen and you are killjoy? Yea right.

* Takes one to know one.

MarauderTJA
03-01-2008, 07:04 AM
I believe we should keep it simple as stated before. I personally do not care if the timeslip was a loss in a race, TnT, major event or whatever. It is your fastest time to date that you personally have driven your Marauder down the quarter mile. Called personal best....The honor system here has to be in place.

sailsmen
03-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I believe we should keep it simple as stated before. I personally do not care if the timeslip was a loss in a race, TnT, major event or whatever. It is your fastest time to date that you personally have driven your Marauder down the quarter mile. Called personal best....The honor system here has to be in place.

+1:banana:

Pops
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
+2 and that keeps it simple.

KillJoy
03-01-2008, 02:18 PM

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE..... with THIS!!!

:up:

:beer:

KillJoy

JMan
03-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Upload your timeslip to the Gallery or other online location. Copy the URL of that picture (not the Gallery page, but the URL below the picture) and paste the URL into the place at the bottom of your Profile. VIOLA!

Honey, you don't misspell words very often! I had to point it out.

J

MM03MOK
03-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Honey, you don't misspell words very often! I had to point it out.

J
Heh....that was intentional...lol. Sideways voila! No, really! V-eye-o-la....that's how you pronounce it. Not like the instrument.... V-ee-o-la.

:D

RF Overlord
03-02-2008, 10:02 AM
The correct spelling is "Wallah"... :D ;)

magindat
03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
This is exactly why I only race for fun.....

Paul T. Casey
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=sailsmen;588105]
I have 184 time slips QUOTE]

Lightweight.