PDA

View Full Version : Badgeless Grills on Sale in March 08

Zack
03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey all, Its time for a sale.
I havent made anyone a grill in over 3 months now, so I trying to drum up some business :beer:

For the entire month of March, my fee will be reduced from $120 down to $100.
This includes shipping!

Order your grills from Ray Sr. aka TheDealer at 1-800-216-6411

He will ship them directly to me.

Any Q's, please ask.

Reference thread here:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41306

Egon Spengler
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
hOW MUCH DOES A GRILL FROM THE DEALER RUN?

Zack
03-04-2008, 10:52 AM
hOW MUCH DOES A GRILL FROM THE DEALER RUN?

Appx. $150.

You can buy the $87 grills from ebay, but the quality is no where near as good

arejayesss
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
So are we gonna see an ebay item listing entitled "wholesale lot; 50 marauder front grill badges" What happens to the poor waterfalls? Are you lining your garage with them?

Egon Spengler
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I wish I had the money... it would work out perfectly because I broke my grill on the passenger side... where the bolts on top are mounted in the grill cracked... the exterior still looks ok and you wouldn't know... it is still braced pretty well... there is a little bit more of a gap between the grill and the header on the passenger side now

Zack
03-04-2008, 11:09 AM
So are we gonna see an ebay item listing entitled "wholesale lot; 50 marauder front grill badges" What happens to the poor waterfalls? Are you lining your garage with them?

Ive been giving badges away at meets for 3 years now.

magindat
03-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Ive been giving badges away at meets for 3 years now.

Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2008, 11:33 AM

he sent me six :rolleyes:

magindat
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll buy the 'Mike Tyson lookin' donor grille for 15 bucks and I'll pay shipping....

Raudermaster
03-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!

ROFL!!! "Oh now brotha, how many times have I told you to wash your hands after Clan meetings."

Zack
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll buy the 'Mike Tyson lookin' donor grille for 15 bucks and I'll pay shipping....

I still have stacks of donors Rich

Egon Spengler
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I could use one, with directions as to how to use the grill badge in lieu of the mercury symbol on the trunk lid

SID210SA
03-04-2008, 01:18 PM
You dont need our original grille + the new grille anymore? So we can switch back and forth.....

dreydin
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
so, umm, can we get some pics? ive never seen these "badgeless" grills before :rolleyes:

Zack
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
You dont need our original grille + the new grille anymore? So we can switch back and forth.....

I never did!

Its a cost saver to use your original plus a new grill, but not many wanted to drive around without a grill for over a week.

jimlam56
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Why don't you post pics of the 4 colors with badgeless grilles. Obviously some of the new folks don't know what you're talking about.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Zack, have any godshead badges/emblems laying around you can sell me?

Zack
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Zack, have any godshead badges/emblems laying around you can sell me?

No.

And im not going to sell the grill badges either.
I refuse to box them up and ship them out.
If I see you at a Marauder function, you can HAVE one.

These are the front waterfall emblem.

ChiTownMaraud3r
03-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Waterfall emblems.. :lol:

I appreciate it, but I want a godshead badge up front. Not sure if I want to shell out a good 150 or so for the car motorsports one.

Drewstang
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm only going to need one grill from Ray. I found that my stock one is broken where it mounts to the header panel.

magindat
03-05-2008, 06:44 AM
I still have stacks of donors Rich

If you want rid of 'em, I'll pay shipping. I been toying with the ones you sent. Thanx. Maybe one of these tries I'll make one I really like!!!

Zack
03-05-2008, 08:11 AM
If you want rid of 'em, I'll pay shipping. I been toying with the ones you sent. Thanx. Maybe one of these tries I'll make one I really like!!!

I doubt it, nothing beats a badgeless grill on a MM :flamer:

Eric91Z
03-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Zack,

I have been kicking around having this done for a while now. The more I drive the car the more little rock chips the stock front emblem gets in it. And it is kind of a pain to clean properly and keep looking shinny.

So, couple of things for clarification for this:

1. We order a new grill from Ray and ship to you?
2. Do you need our stock grill as well?
3. If you don't need the stock grill what are you using for the replacement pieces where the emblem is at?
3. What is normal turn around time on these?

Also, as a couple of others have asked (and this is not pointed specifically at Zack), can we get pictures of a badgeless on each of the 4 colors? I am specifically looking for it on a SB, but I know others want to see the other colors.

Thanks.

Zack
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I dont have any pics of the grills, sorry!

dreydin
03-05-2008, 08:57 AM
pics or everyone in here gets it! :uzi: lol

magindat
03-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I doubt it, nothing beats a badgeless grill on a MM :flamer:

Oh, I'm happy with my design, just not pleased with it's execution - yet.

:D

Zack
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Oh, I'm happy with my design, just not pleased with it's execution - yet.

:D

Its near impossible to get sheet/expanded metal to conform to the grill surround, and then get it to adhere.

Been there, done that!

Zack
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/0/9/6/DTRBadgeless2.JPG

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/kk2485/largeup.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/Picture157.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/BlueMM009.jpg

magindat
03-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Its near impossible to get sheet/expanded metal to conform to the grill surround, and then get it to adhere.

Been there, done that!

I know you have. I've seen it. But I really almost have it. I have the compound curve right and an edge technique. I spent two of your donors getting that far. As for the attachment, I got that figured now - no glue - mechanically attached, but need another grille!!!!

I actually have the mesh FLUSH with the grille surround facia, not behind it.

And no, I will not make one for any of you. You can't afford it! This project is a one off by me and for me only. No copycats. No, I will not post pics and no, I will not discuss it further on Zack's for sale thread (or anywhere else for that matter)! There's just some things we craftsmen will keep for ourselves.

Thanx again for the donors, dude!!! :D

arejayesss
03-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I know you have. I've seen it. But I really almost have it. I have the compound curve right and an edge technique. I spent two of your donors getting that far. As for the attachment, I got that figured now - no glue - mechanically attached, but need another grille!!!!

I actually have the mesh FLUSH with the grille surround facia, not behind it.

And no, I will not make one for any of you. You can't afford it! This project is a one off by me and for me only. No copycats. No, I will not post pics and no, I will not discuss it further on Zack's for sale thread (or anywhere else for that matter)! There's just some things we craftsmen will keep for ourselves.

Thanx again for the donors, dude!!! :D
He will, however, be more than happy to assist you with sideview mirror turn signals. Nothing he enjoys more, just ask Dennis

magindat
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
He will, however, be more than happy to assist you with sideview mirror turn signals. Nothing he enjoys more, just ask Dennis

Heck, they're EASY now!!! His PS was a beyotch, but he DS went easy! Dayum instructions sucked. And why did they tap the rear signal and get brake? Should have tapped the front signal.

I digresss :shake: