PDA

View Full Version : U-Haul Trans Pan

Marylandrauder
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a new or used U-Haul Transmission Pan for sale, as I know some people have changed there trans pans.:alone:

ctrlraven
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Honestly your better off getting the aftermarket deep pan, increases fluid holding, has cooling fins and the drain plug.

Reinhart sells an "Art Carr" one.

jimlam56
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Honestly your better off getting the aftermarket deep pan, increases fluid holding, has cooling fins and the drain plug.

Reinhart sells an "Art Carr" one.

The u-haul has the drain plug also. What's the advantage of increased capacity, unless you are road racing? The fins look nice, but how much do they really help in lowering trans temps? Just asking...

jgc61sr2002
03-04-2008, 04:36 PM
The u-haul has the drain plug also. What's the advantage of increased capacity, unless you are road racing? The fins look nice, but how much do they really help in lowering trans temps? Just asking...

Every bit of extra cooling helps.:D

69marquis conv
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Are there any issues with these higher capacity pans scraping on tall speed bumps or are they recessed enough to prevent such damage? I would like to install one on my MM but I wonder too of it would be a target for speed bumps or flying road debris.

fastblackmerc
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM

It can't hurt anything....

Marauderjack
03-05-2008, 05:59 AM

I have wondered the same thing Jim!!??:confused:

12 quarts or so with a trans cooler should be enough for all applications short of flat out racing at WOT 80% of the time??:shake:

My big concern with the aluminum pans was the lack of the magnet for catching ferrous metal debris......without it you continuously circulate this abrasive material through the tranmission!!:argue:

I got the Econoline (U-Haul) pan and am very satisfied with it AND the OEM magnet!!:bows:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Richy04
03-05-2008, 08:01 AM
You can always rent the U-Haul and swap the pans!!! LOL

Zack
03-05-2008, 08:06 AM
The U-Haul trans pan is sold at Ford for about $60

KillJoy
03-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Darrin @ BC Automotive also has Finned, Added Capacity, Drain Plugged Trans Pans....

:up:

KillJoy

Darrin
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Darrin @ BD Automotive also has Finned, Added Capacity, Drain Plugged Trans Pans....

:up:

KillJoy
Ahem....

BC Automotive :D

And yes, I have a nice pan that I sell.

But why not use the magnet in the aluminum pan anyway? I do that all the time. Think about using silicone to attach a big metal washer to the pan to attach the magnet to.

And the pans I sell do have a magnetic drain plug as well.

Darrin

magindat
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
The Art Carr pan hangs negligibly lower than stock, has fins and a plug. The increased capacity helps to keep the trans fluid cooler due to increased fluid volume, heat-sink contact, and heat sink surface area. My car is lowered and I have NEVER hit it on anything. Art Carr pan also has a magnetic plug.

I'm sure Darrin's pan is similar in characteristic, but I got my Art Carr before Darrin joined us and can only report on it, since I have it.

Bottom line is... it can't hurt, it can only help!!

ctrlraven
03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
The Art Carr pan hangs negligibly lower than stock, has fins and a plug. The increased capacity helps to keep the trans fluid cooler due to increased fluid volume, heat-sink contact, and heat sink surface area. My car is lowered and I have NEVER hit it on anything. Art Carr pan also has a magnetic plug.

I'm sure Darrin's pan is similar in characteristic, but I got my Art Carr before Darrin joined us and can only report on it, since I have it.

Bottom line is... it can't hurt, it can only help!!

Same here.

The main factor I like is that it has the drain plug, every other oil change, I'll drain 5.5-6qts from the trans and refill.

KillJoy
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Ahem....

BC Automotive :D

Sorry.... I should have said S&M Automotive.

:rofl:

KillJoy

ctrlraven
03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Since Darrin took the time to come in here and make a post he should get the sale :lol:

Sorry.... I should have said S&M Automotive.

:rofl:

KillJoy

Way off topic here but I've been in a good mood today.

Lexington Herald Leader
March 26, 2004

HUMANE SOCIETY CRITICIZES SUPPORT OF 'COCKFIGHTERS'

By Greg Kocher
CENTRAL KENTUCKY BUREAU

NICHOLASVILLE - The dealership "where price sells cars" came under fire from The Humane Society of the United States for placing an ad in a gamefowl magazine that expresses support to a group suspected of
promoting cockfighting.

Toyota on Nicholasville Superstore issued a statement yesterday saying that its management "made a terrible mistake" in supporting the Kentucky Gamefowl Breeders Association -- a group that the humane society says is
"a group of cockfighters" with a "record of promoting the inhumane and barbaric practice of instigated animal fighting."

"The ownership of Toyota on Nicholasville does not support this group's activities and has immediately demanded that its management and employees cease any association with this organization," said the statement from S&M Automotive LLC, which does business as Toyota on Nicholasville. "No funding will be submitted to the KYGBA by Toyota on Nicholasville."

Since 2000, an investor group that includes University of Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino, former UK player Jamal Mashburn and others has owned 70 percent of Toyota on Nicholasville and The Lexus Store of Lexington on U.S. 27 in Nicholasville.

At issue was the dealership's ad in this month's issue of a gamefowl trade magazine called The Feathered Warrior. The ad offers a $500 discount on a car or truck purchased from the dealership to members of the Kentucky Gamefowl Breeders Association.

In addition, the ad said Toyota on Nicholasville will donate $100 to a national group called the United Gamefowl Breeders Association for each car or truck sold. "All you have to do is mention this ad and be a member of the UGBA!"

"Toyota on Nicholasville is a proud member of the Kentucky Gamefowl Breeders Association and the United Gamefowl Breeders Association," the ad said. "We believe that it is our duty to support the organizations that fight to keep alive the freedoms we enjoy."

The ad pictures Toyota on Nicholasville's logo as well as three vehicles. The bottom of the ad includes the names of Mike Fairchild and Tyson McCauley, who are each listed as "sales manager." Fairchild is listed as a "KYGBA director"; McCauley has "KYGBA" and "UGBA" beneath his name. McCauley is the son of General Manager Ron McCauley, who appears in TV commercials to recite the company motto: "Where price sells cars." Brooks Downing, who issued the written statement for S&M Automotive, said Fair-child is not an employee of the dealership or its ownership group.

"He's just a friend, I believe, of Tyson," Downing said. "He is not a sales manager at all, or even an employee. We didn't know who he was."
The humane society said it sent an e-mail to "tens of thousands" of its members yesterday calling on Toyota's national headquarters to stop the
Nicholasville dealer "from funding cockfighting activities."

"It's a threat to Toyota's name and reputation," said Wayne Pacelle, senior vice president for The Humane Society of the United States. "The question is, what's next? Dog fighting?" Cockfighting is illegal in Kentucky and carries
penalties of up to a year in jail and a $500 fine for those convicted of the misdemeanor charge of participating in or watching a cockfight.

Cockfighting also is illegal in 47 other states. In a cockfight, two roosters fight to the death as they slice each other with small knives or gaffs affixed to their legs. Pacelle said the humane society learned of the ad because members of the group subscribe to The Feathered Warrior "under assumed names, essentially," and monitor its content.

The magazine has been published since 1903, according to its owner and editor, Verna Dowd of DeQueen, Ark. She acknowledged yesterday that the ad appeared in her publication, but she hadn't heard anything about the
criticism of an advertiser by the humane society.

"But it doesn't surprise me, because they'll do anything they can to get a little publicity, you know," Dowd said.

Dowd said the humane society has never criticized an advertiser before. "But they'll harass everybody that they think has anything at all to do with raising gamefowl, whether they fight them or not," she said.

Mike Michaels, spokesman for Toyota's national sales headquarters in Torrance, Calif., said the 1,400 Toyota dealerships across the United States are privately owned and responsible for their own advertising and marketing programs.

In its statement, the dealership said it "supports the humane treatment of all animals and now will enact measures to support the Humane Society's mission to make a difference in the lives of animals everywhere."

DOOM
11-22-2009, 12:53 PM
The U-Haul trans pan is sold at Ford for about $60

Does anyone have a part # for this item?
I'm trying to order one from my local dealer tomorrow.

Darrin
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Should be F8UZ-7A194-AA

Darrin

DOOM
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Thank you. :D
This is a direct fit right (no modification)?

Darrin
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Straight swap. 14 bolts out, 14 bolts back in.

Darrin

Black_Noise
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I went to local ford, ordered fleet van pan, tool to local metal shop, had them weld in a bung for T Temp gauge. Now I have drain plug and bung for TT gauge.

All under $100 (minuse the TT gauge)