PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax ice detailer

DOOM
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
If you havent tried it you dont know what youre missing. Turtle wax makes a wax called ICE this product will give your car an unbelievable shine. I used the quick detailer the other day and WOW :eek: when i was done everything in the garage was reflecting off my car :coolman: this stuff is great. For years i have used mothers wax and quick detailer. NOT ANYMORE. Anyone else out here that has used these products please chime in and tell me what you think.

MERCMAN
03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30760&highlight=turtle+wax&page=2

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36800&highlight=turtle+wax+ice

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30478&highlight=turtle+wax+ice

Bluerauder
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM
If you havent tried it you dont know what youre missing. Turtle wax makes a wax called ICE this product will give your car an unbelievable shine. I used the quick detailer the other day and WOW :eek: when i was done everything in the garage was reflecting off my car :coolman: this stuff is great. For years i have used mothers wax and quick detailer. NOT ANYMORE. Anyone else out here that has used these products please chime in and tell me what you think.
Turtle Wax ICE is NOT a wax. It is a polish only. I use ICE over Meguiar's NXT Techwax and for quick shines. It works great IMHO.

Breadfan
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Liquid Polish

Turtle Wax® ICE™ is a clear wax formulated with completely new technology that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability.
Turtlewax calls it both on their site. :)

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1

Also they sell ICE in paste form too. I've found even BETTER results applying the paste version and then using the spray detailer to slightly mist it as you buff it off with the microfiber cloth.

I've also used the claybar, it works well it's probably easier to use than a standard claybar but probably not quite as effective. It does work though you will see when you spray it off how the water won't bead up at all, I did that once last year and followed up with a fresh coat of Ice and she looked great!

DOOM
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I know there will be a bottle or 2 in my trunk for my trip to carlisle :trophy1:

NATEHAWK
03-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm the ice detailer king. I use zaino polish bout 3 coats then ice after detail spray after every wash and just about when ever I see dust LOL.

ckadiddle
03-11-2008, 07:52 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/photos029.jpg
and
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/ckadiddle/maraudervilleIV/photosz168.jpg
Nothing but car washes for two years after buying the car. Ran it through the wash then put on a single coat of Ice liquid. Shine lasted about eight months in Florida weather. It goes on fast and comes off fast and easily. You can apply it in full sun!

Recently, the wife's new black MM we had ran through the wash and took to a car show. Took Ice quick detailer and spent maybe fifteen minutes with both of us wiping it on. It was dark at the time, did it by parking lot lights. Got rained out, we didn't really notice how it shined up untill a few days later when it was sunny again.

It is really some amazing stuff. We don't really have a lot of time nor do we wish to spend the time needed to apply multiple coats of Zaino or whatever to the cars. Turtle Wax Ice is truly the lazy man's way to a shiny car. No power tools needed. Goes on easy, wipes off easy. Ridiculous deep shine. Does not leave white residue if you miss some in a crack. Shines taillights, headlights plastics. Do NOT use on mirrors or windows.

It's not a restorative, won't hide defects. If your car has pretty good paint, Ice will make it awesome to behold.

ImpalaSlayer
03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
sounds like i will pick some up soon :up:

ive been using dupont teflon but on silver you cant tell a difference. plus its a pain in the ass to get out of cracks

High-C
03-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I know there will be a bottle or 2 in my trunk...

You sold me on Sunday my friend... I picked some up yesterday! :cool:

chader
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
would you rate the Ice Wax up there with Zaino?

DOOM
03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I haven't tried zaino. All i know is NOTHING else is going on my car from now on except for ice. This stuff is the *****.

ckadiddle
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Caution to you guys new to applying Ice:

Read the label! It says use a few drops on the applicator pad. They aren't kidding. Literally three or four single drops on the applicator pad will cover one body panel.It's runny, not thick. I spilled a more on the ground than I got on the pad till I got the hang of it. Some guys have stated they had trouble getting the residue off, they used waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much. Only use a few single drops at a time! (You won't be able to tell you used any out of the bottle when you are done.)

The above is for using the regular liquid Ice polish. When you use the detailer spray that has a spray top on the bottle, you need to be pretty sparing with it also.

I have turned on some of my coworkers to Ice they love it for their cars, trucks, Harleys etc.! All they had to do was see how my car came out.

The photos above are after only one coat of Ice. I was thinking we would do a second coat because it was so easy but it got dark on us.

Bluerauder
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Caution to you guys new to applying Ice:

Read the label! It says use a few drops on the applicator pad.
+1 Agreed if you are using the bottle and sponge applicator -- 3-4 drops will go a long way. I am using the spray version now and one "spritz" is good for 1/2 the hood. The spray ICE makes overdoing it alot harder.

DOOM
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Im just using only the detialer and i love the stuff. The detailer is what i was originally referring to.

ckadiddle
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Im just using only the detialer and i love the stuff. The detailer is what i was originally referring to.
The polish is even better than the detailer spray. :banana: Try it sometime.

ctrlraven
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I used to use Meguiar's detailer spray but recently switched to Adam's Detail Spray ( www.adamspolishes.com ) and then hit it with the ICE y0!

Car stays smooth for about a month and I can just wipe the dirt right off without having to wash the car. New Adam's Detail Spray works awesome on every part of the car from body, to plastic, the wheels and even glass. Used it to clean the inside of my glass and did a better job than any other window cleaner I have ever used.

Taemian
03-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I used to use Meguiar's detailer spray but recently switched to Adam's Detail Spray ( www.adamspolishes.com (http://www.adamspolishes.com) ) and then hit it with the ICE y0!

Car stays smooth for about a month and I can just wipe the dirt right off without having to wash the car. New Adam's Detail Spray works awesome on every part of the car from body, to plastic, the wheels and even glass. Used it to clean the inside of my glass and did a better job than any other window cleaner I have ever used.

....just to confirm something.You're saying that if I give my MM a good wax job (used Mequires a month ago) I'll be able to spray this ICE detailer spray on directly, and just wipe clean? No washing?? (assuming dust/dried dew is very light):confused:

Bluerauder
03-11-2008, 05:27 PM
....just to confirm something.You're saying that if I give my MM a good wax job (used Mequires a month ago) I'll be able to spray this ICE detailer spray on directly, and just wipe clean? No washing?? (assuming dust/dried dew is very light):confused:
No ... the car has to be clean. Otherwise you will just be grinding the dust and grit into your finish. ICE does make it easier to keep clean though and after applying it then light dust just wipes away.

ctrlraven
03-11-2008, 06:02 PM

I was talking about two different things. Detailer spray is one thing and Turtle Wax ICE is another.

No ... the car has to be clean. Otherwise you will just be grinding the dust and grit into your finish. ICE does make it easier to keep clean though and after applying it then light dust just wipes away.

Correct, only AFTER the car has been washed and waxed then use the ICE on top of it. I use a detail spray in between washes when the car gets a light coat of dirt or dust on it.

I wash my car once or twice a month, use the detailer spray once a week. After washing the car I will use ICE. I wax my car maybe every 4 months but I will also clay bar it before hand to strip off the old wax, ICE, and detailer spray that has built up and start fresh again.

MGM02
03-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Mine after a quick coat of ICE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Billzfordz/Merc%20Fall%20Clean-Up/100_1511.jpg

Taemian
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I was talking about two different things. Detailer spray is one thing and Turtle Wax ICE is another.

Correct, only AFTER the car has been washed and waxed then use the ICE on top of it. I use a detail spray in between washes when the car gets a light coat of dirt or dust on it.

I wash my car once or twice a month, use the detailer spray once a week. After washing the car I will use ICE. I wax my car maybe every 4 months but I will also clay bar it before hand to strip off the old wax, ICE, and detailer spray that has built up and start fresh again.

...uugh...me still dumb...no understand.....:o

You say you use it in between washes when the car is slightly dirty or dusty...soooo...do you hose it down first, dry it off, and spray the detail spray??

Here's my usual situation: Good base coat of wax on the car, wash it Sunday morning. Car is driven to work, sits outside, driven home everyday, parked in my garage. By Wednesday of this routine, car has a fine layer of dust on it, but no splashed on dirt. At this point, what do I do to apply the detail spray? My usual thing is to rinse off the car with a hose just before I hit the freeway home.

ctrlraven
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Once a week I will use a detailer spray and wipe the car down. The main point of a detailer spray is to give the car a quick shine up in between washes, at least that's how I've always understood it.

No I don't hose the car down, I just use several towels and turn and flip them a lot. If the car has a fair amount of dirt/dust on it then I will just wash it but most of the time I clean it enough so there is never really any build up. I daily drive mine (5k miles every 3 months), rain, snow, sleet, salt, heavy spring pollen, the car has seen it all and still shines as much as the day I bought it.

Here is my cleaning schedule:
Good hand wash every two to three weeks.
Every other wash I will use ICE after the car is clean and dry.
Once a week I'll use a detailer spray to wipe the car down.
Once every 3-4 months I will wax the car.
BEFORE waxing I will wash the car, dry it, then use a 4oz clay bar and work at a panel at a time.
Then goes on the wax, let sit and haze then buff and finally apply ICE.

Think of the detailer spray as a waterless car wash and ICE as a mini wax job between real waxing.

Taemian
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try doing the trunklid with towels/detail spray to see how it goes.:)

freakstatus
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
...uugh...me still dumb...no understand.....:o

You say you use it in between washes when the car is slightly dirty or dusty...soooo...do you hose it down first, dry it off, and spray the detail spray??

Here's my usual situation: Good base coat of wax on the car, wash it Sunday morning. Car is driven to work, sits outside, driven home everyday, parked in my garage. By Wednesday of this routine, car has a fine layer of dust on it, but no splashed on dirt. At this point, what do I do to apply the detail spray? My usual thing is to rinse off the car with a hose just before I hit the freeway home.

Ian, my car gets pretty dusty at work. I got sick of hosing it down all the time, so I bought a California Duster. Works good for dry dust. I have Meguiars Gold class wax, but I may try the Ice after reading this post.

DOOM
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
They need to change the name to liquid BLING! Nice pics guys.

Taemian
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Ian, my car gets pretty dusty at work. I got sick of hosing it down all the time, so I bought a California Duster. Works good for dry dust. I have Meguiars Gold class wax, but I may try the Ice after reading this post.

Hmmm, anybody else have that feather duster type thingy?

I have a bottle of the ICE detailing spray, but the car NEEDS to be washed again first. It's dirtier than I thought. But it gave me a chance to have a go at the engine compartment with some hot soapy water and rags!:)

Oh yeah, Derek, I'm off next week. Battlestar Galactica is finally letting me leave! :D You gotta come by for a MM detailing day. Marieke will be in France/Spain for 9 days.....:alone:

ctrlraven
03-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Turtle Wax ICE: Liquid Polish
Liquid Polish
Turtle Wax® ICE™ is a clear wax formulated with completely new technology that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability.
Product Benefits

Can be applied to all exterior rubber, plastic and vinyl trim to restore color and shine without leaving white residue.
Unlike conventional waxes, ICE™ can be applied in direct sunlight or on a hot surface without streaking or wax build-up.
A single application will provide extraordinary shine however, multiple layers will further increase depth of gloss and shine.
Formulated with light stabilizers to protect your car’s finish from the suns damaging UV rays.
Complete kit includes a custom applicator and microfiber towel.
http://www.turtlewax.com/img/products/pd_ice_liquidpolish.jpg
Turtle Wax ICE: Spray Detailer
Spray Detailer
Turtle Wax® ICE™ Detailer is a completely clear detailer formulated with a blend of synthetic polymers and clarified carnauba wax to provide a mirror-like shine and long lasting protection. Perfect for a quick shine in between regular wax applications and for removing light dust from exterior surfaces.
Product Benefits

Produces a brilliant shine and slick surface with minimal time and effort.
Completely clear formula will not leave any white residue on exterior plastic and rubber trim.
Can be applied in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces without streaking.
Multiple coats can be applied for unbeatable shine and protection without build-up.
http://www.turtlewax.com/img/products/pd_ice_spraydetailer.jpg

Marauder131
06-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Good product, but it attracts dust like no other.

Mflsjhs
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
you should try the turtle wax black box it works way better then ice

FastMerc
09-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I use to use ICE detailer it is a great product.I no longer do cuz it removes the wax I put on.I put a couple of good coates of wax on in the spring,and when I am at a show now I use a duster then a spray bottle with only water and mist it on and buff of with a soft towel.My shine is still there as it was in spring,and it still passes the towel test. :D

justbob
09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Old post alert. Glad to hear you like it Doom. I don't care for all the haze it gives off so I went back to Mequiars.

DOOM
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
The quick detailer dosent leave a haze. It's the polish that leaves a haze.

justbob
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
The quick detailer is the one I bought, seems like I have to wipe forever. Very little applied.:dunno:

crispy23c
09-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Not flaming, but I tried Ice and don't particularly like it (I have 2/3 of a bottle left and won't bother again). IF your car gets damp (like dew), the stuff runs off and streaks, I feel like it's like putting Armour-All on your car.
I use Meguair's NXT on my Mustang and it looks outstanding every time. As for quick detailers, I usually don't bother any more, I just use the California Duster. Nice thing is, the dirtier it gets, the better it picks up!
~Chris

duhtroll
09-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I like the McGuiars too - it is all I use. IF I get unlucky enough to get rained on, I want beads, not runs. :D

Not flaming, but I tried Ice and don't particularly like it (I have 2/3 of a bottle left and won't bother again). IF your car gets damp (like dew), the stuff runs off and streaks, I feel like it's like putting Armour-All on your car.
I use Meguair's NXT on my Mustang and it looks outstanding every time. As for quick detailers, I usually don't bother any more, I just use the California Duster. Nice thing is, the dirtier it gets, the better it picks up!
~Chris