PDA

View Full Version : an SVt guy soon to be a marauder guy

tricked350z
03-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello Everyone!
im Alex, and currently right now i have a 1998 SVT contour in silver i plan on selling it and getting a Black marauder.

i do have a few general questions reguarding this car that I dont know about the mm so maybe you guys can answer them for me

did the 2003`s come with the spoiler and sunroof? or was it just 04?

Also, I want to get the trilogy supercharger kit eventually but in the mean time I plan on getting the K&N Intake system for it. Would that work with this kit?

i saw that some people call the mm a 300a? whats that mean?

and also are these very reliable cars that can take a good beating? and be driven hard

and finnaly does the mm have a resonator on the stock cat back and is there a certain type of header,x pipe combo made for this car?

Thanks!

DOOM
03-12-2008, 11:15 AM
The k&n intake kit WILL work with the trilogy.

MM2004
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello Everyone!
im Alex, and currently right now i have a 1998 SVT contour in silver i plan on selling it and getting a Black marauder.

i do have a few general questions reguarding this car that I dont know about the mm so maybe you guys can answer them for me

Also, I want to get the trilogy supercharger kit eventually but in the mean time I plan on getting the K&N Intake system for it. Would that work with this kit?

and also are these very reliable cars that can take a good beating? and be driven hard

and finnaly does the mm have a resonator on the stock cat back and is there a certain type of header,x pipe combo made for this car?

Thanks!

Spoiler is Dealer add-on.

Just the '04's came with moon-roofs.

300a is the very early build 03's. They were decontented to 300b's later that year that had minor changes as compared to 300a's.

Thet are reliable, and we beat on them all the time.

Kooks are the preferred headers for this car.

Welcome and use the search option. All of your questions will be answered.

Mike.

freakstatus
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
K&N/Trilogy combo. Courtesy of BruteForce:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_0670.jpg

UncleLar
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Compared what I've read about problems with the SVT Contours on another website the Marauders are bulletproof.
300A's had map pockets on the front seats,no traction control and the clock was in the center of the dash,not in the radio.Some 300A Marauders had aftermarket sunroofs installed ,but they weren't "factory" installed.
Some early 300A's also had problems with the paint or clearcoat.

jgc61sr2002
03-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Alex -Welcome aboard.:welcome1:

RoyLPita
03-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

J D
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Hello Everyone!

i do have a few general questions regarding this car that I don't know about the mm so maybe you guys can answer them for me

Thanks!
Here's the most complete difference thread (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31102)I know of, and the gist of it is that 2003 300a are the first run of MMs built in early to mid 2002 with some great standard options,

and the 2003 300b and 2004 300a are basically the same and had the options of getting sunroofs and spoilers, though the colors changed.

And lastly, it'll handle some pretty tough stuff, just look at some of the after accident pictures.