PDA

View Full Version : Xtra-Xtra New Trilogy Twin L@@k

Bradley G
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Trilogy Twin Screw Superchargers
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> They are shipping!
During dyno tuning & testing it was revealed that, the long awaited twin screw S/C had to be pullied up (slowed down) because it made more power than Jerry Barnes deemed safe on the stock motor.
I read the goal was 35-50 increase RWHP & RWTQ than the 1st gen Trilogy Eaton supercharger.
Lidio decided to abort the dyno pulls, when gains were exceeding 60 point increase before 4000 rpm. :eek: Holy Crap!
Am I greedy? I want one! :baby:

Zack
03-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh get a grip Brad

Raudermaster
03-12-2008, 06:58 PM
You felt the non-paying members should see this too? :D

Zack
03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> They are shipping!
During dyno tuning & testing it was revealed that, the long awaited twin screw S/C had to be pullied up (slowed down) because it made more power than Jerry Barnes deemed safe on the stock motor.
I read the goal was 35-50 increase RWHP & RWTQ than the 1st gen Trilogy Eaton supercharger.
Lidio decided to abort the dyno pulls, when gains were exceeding 60 point increase before 4000 rpm. :eek: Holy Crap!

Holy crap! Vortechs have been making 450 rwhp since 03 :lol:

lastdaze04
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Is this the same one that is built by Eaton? If so you can see some good pictures of it on a different platform. It is found on pages 186-193 of the May issue of 5.0 Mustang and Superfords. They are putting it on a Shelby GT 500 as an upgrade, with a warranty:eek:. Good article with lots of pics. They call it the TVS (twin vortices series). I just want to know if this is the same we are awaiting on for our cars?? Thoughts comments:beer:
Rick

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(209,209,225)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> They are shipping!

Raudermaster
03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
It's not built by Eaton. Wes said it's made by a company that begins with a V, can't recall the name though.

Bradley G
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Not even close Zack, I got your Grip!

wchain
03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Actually is Lysholm.

Bradley G
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
This kit is capable of very high horsepower , It now powers the Fastest et Marauder on the planet 10.3@131 The new Kit is exactly where it needs to be tune wise, to live very long on a stock motor. 422 RWHP 426RWTQ
If you have the desire to go faster, You should consider upgrading the rotating assembly.This looks like it can be had for about 5K .
I have 30000 miles on my trilogy , it has been dogged, hot lapped, "trown" the keys to dozens of people/MM members , Dynoed , You name it!

Is this the same one that is built by Eaton? If so you can see some good pictures of it on a different platform. It is found on pages 186-193 of the May issue of 5.0 Mustang and Superfords. They are putting it on a Shelby GT 500 as an upgrade, with a warranty:eek:. Good article with lots of pics. They call it the TVS (twin vortices series). I just want to know if this is the same we are awaiting on for our cars?? Thoughts comments:beer:
Rick

sailsmen
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Exciting, looking fwd to Hot's review.:banana2:

I am of the opinion the Eaton M112 is undersized for the Entech heads.

It should be a great choice for those current Trilogy going with built motors.

Raudermaster
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
LOL, thanks Wes, I was way off.

Aren Jay
03-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Trilogy website appears to be down. All I get is lines of code.

Raudermaster
03-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Works for me. http://www.trilogymotorsportsstore.co m/category.aspx?categoryID=1

ctrlraven
03-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually is Lysholm.

I was talking to one of my friends who is a big VW person and he showed me a bunch of videos of some VW cars with a Lysholm twin-screw and the whine was just orgasmic lol.

DOOM
03-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Dont you have to change internals with the twin screw setup?

offroadkarter
03-13-2008, 04:51 AM

And thats about as high as they can go

Breadfan
03-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Dont you have to change internals with the twin screw setup?

Not if you keep boost levels at a safe level - one reason they put a larger pulley on it was to take into account long life on a stock motor.

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 05:15 AM
After all the anticipation over the release of the Trilogy twin Screw, I'm sure that we'll see a new flurry of supercharging activity in the Marauder Community.

KillJoy
03-13-2008, 05:47 AM

Are you simple, or just uneducated? A stock Vortech S-Trim can do that. Add a smaller pulley, or swap to a different Head Unit, and 450 is nothing.

If the Twin Screw is priced BELOW the stock Trilogy Blower, it IS A GREAT DEAL!

If it is priced ABOVE the stock unit, it is not a wise choice for the person who does not want to replace their internals...

JMO

:up:

KillJoy

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2008, 06:17 AM

<HR style="COLOR: rgb(209,209,225)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> They are shipping!

Oh boy, this means that our compadre Hotrauder will be getting his soon!

Dennis, make sure you keep us posted on status.

SCCH

Dragcity
03-13-2008, 06:27 AM
O.K.

I'll Take one.

Zack
03-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Its gonna cost 7 grand

Dragcity
03-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Maybe not then....

Zack
03-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Prolly 3 Grand-ish for the upgrade kit.

Dragcity
03-13-2008, 06:56 AM
??????????????

Zack
03-13-2008, 06:57 AM
??????????????

....upgrade kit is for current Trilogy owners.

Zack
03-13-2008, 06:58 AM
.....gotta go down to the courthouse this afternoon.
Im gonna change my name so I can buy one. :up:

Hotrauder
03-13-2008, 07:10 AM
http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/gallery/files/6/5/TS001.jpg

In the boxes in Carfixers trunk....Awaiting tuner, pulley and belt while final testing and tuning is being done. the official announcement and introduction with all details coming soon, perhaps this week. One pic of the blower unit...Dennis

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/TAFGrand/TAFGrand4/IMG_5122.jpg?t=1205164645 (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void(0);)

sailsmen
03-13-2008, 07:11 AM

MarauderTJA - Procharger
"Race Tune w/blower only -
618 RWHP - 510 Ft lbs torque"

Jerry Barnes - Twinscrews
"545 HP on motor at the tire"

Hotrauder
03-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Initial reaction to test drive of the Twin Screw after set up and tuning by Lidio...This test driver has the first Eaton Trilogy S/C kit sold #002 and his Marauder now produces 512 hp and 496 T at the rear wheels. 11.8 in the 1320.

"Well...guess what I did after work?! Yes, took the Twin Screw for a test drive. All I can say is WOW.... I love that nutsack pulling acceleration! It is a bad asssed ride. Truly a nice kit. It is quieter under acceleration, but definitely packs more bang. If I wasnt happy with my setup with the Eaton, I would be first in line again. Another home run for Jerry...."

Dennis
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Zack
03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Going nowhere fast.

Just the kind of threads I thrive on...http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/shoveit.gif

Zack
03-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Initial reaction to test drive of the Twin Screw after set up and tuning by Lidio...This test driver has the first Eaton Trilogy S/C kit sold #002 and his Marauder now produces 512 hp and 496 T at the rear wheels. 11.8 in the 1320.

Yeah, on race gas.

I ran 11.60 with 475rwhp and 420rwtq.

Whats your point?

Also, no hot-linking from MCM http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/ohsnap2.gif

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 07:30 AM
One day Zack, you'll be able to let it all go.
You're gonna get an ulcer......

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
.....gotta go down to the courthouse this afternoon.
Im gonna change my name so I can buy one. :up:

Elwood (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive! If my estimations are correct, we should be very close to the Honorable Richard J. Daley Plaza!
Jake (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000004/): That's where they got that Picasso.
Elwood (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): Yep.

Name: How 'bout Johnson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR6AwEzVgBo&feature=related

SCCH

Hotrauder
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
MarauderTJA - Procharger
"Race Tune w/blower only -
618 RWHP - 510 Ft lbs torque"

Jerry Barnes - Twinscrews
"545 HP on motor at the tire"

There are lots of ways to get where you want to be and they are all good!
My friend and Marine Buddy Tom has an awesum and beautiful Marauder and it is fully a street car. :bows:He has worked hard through daunting setbacks with defective mechanicals and just plain undeserved bad luck. He has paid a heavy financial and emotional price and thankfully he has achieved his first goal. I think has a great shot to go all the way to the ultimate. I, and I am sure, everyone wishes him well.
No one, I hope cares which supercharger is in whose Marauder. I hope we have gotten beyond that stupidity. We care for people based on who they are and how they treat us and those we care for, not on what kind of dog they own, where they work, what color their house or their skin is nor where the go to pray. I love the comparisons and that is what these Marauder sites should be about, I think. Putting down other peoples choices is stupid and disruptive to the flow of information. I am happy that has not happened this time around. Maybe we are growing up:2thumbs: Semper Fi. Dennis

Zack
03-13-2008, 08:06 AM
One day Zack, you'll be able to let it all go.
You're gonna get an ulcer......

Hey man, I let it go a long time ago!

Its a shame more deatiled threads will not be allowed in the future due to Trilogy's decision to pull out as a supporting Vendor.

I think they should sign back up to be brutally honest.

sailsmen
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I agree with your posts and we are very fortunate to have so many excellent choices for such a rare car.

The days of being attacked for your choice of S/C on this board stopped on 2-19-07.

I have stated several times the kits are so close any given race will come down to the driver.

I don't understand what my post has to do with your post? But it doesn't matter I am glad you posted it.

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I

I have stated several times the kits are so close any given race will come down to the driver.

Yep, agreed. That's why I'll never be in the winners circle!

mpearce
03-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Going nowhere fast.

Just the kind of threads I thrive on...http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/shoveit.gif

Are you steering that direction?

I'm sure tons of people on this board are very interested in yet another choice for our cars.

Thrive away Jesus. Not eveyone on here kisses your feet.

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/ohsnap2.gif

KillJoy
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I sence Tension in this Thread.

:run:

KillJoy

Cheeseheadbob
03-13-2008, 11:26 AM
But Racer X will! :D
Yep, agreed. That's why I'll never be in the winners circle!

Raudermaster
03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I sense this thread getting closed SOON.

sailsmen
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I saw a preview for the new Speed Racer movie and I was very disappointed that there was no monkey.

How can u base a movie on Speed Racer and leave out the monkey, the co- central character?

Zack
03-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Are you steering that direction?

I'm sure tons of people on this board are very interested in yet another choice for our cars.

Thrive away Jesus. Not eveyone on here kisses your feet.

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/ohsnap2.gif

Listen pal, enemy, whatever....
How bout I come over to your stomping ground and talk about how awesome my Paxton or Procharger is and give info on how to obtain one?
Wouldnt fly there, nor should promoting a new product from Trilogy here.

Far as Im concerned, Wes is the only guy who can post pricing or information.
Its in the rules, and the owners are letting it slide.
Funny how things play out, you would be all over them if they stepped in, but its always lose/lose for them according to you and your clique..

Go back to MCM and ********** over the new TS, ...and where Trilogy is a SUPPORTING VENDOR

Good day Mat, cant wait to see you in person again. :puke:

Dragcity
03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, So how about those (insert favorite team here) in the Hockey playoffs?

Pops
03-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, So how about those (insert favorite team here) in the Hockey playoffs?

I am with you on this . Let it go guys!

chader
03-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Its gonna cost 7 grand
hmmmmmmmmm

chader
03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
How bout I come over to your stomping ground and talk about how awesome my Paxton or Procharger is and give info on how to obtain one?

Funny how things play out, you would be all over them if they stepped in, but its always lose/lose for them according to you and your clique..

Go back to MCM and ********** over the new TS, ...and where Trilogy is a SUPPORTING VENDOR

hmmmmmmmmm

Cheeseheadbob
03-13-2008, 12:20 PM
I saw a trailer with Chim Chim.... and he was even in the trunk!
I saw a preview for the new Speed Racer movie and I was very disappointed that there was no monkey.

How can u base a movie on Speed Racer and leave out the monkey, the co- central character?

Taemian
03-13-2008, 12:24 PM
I am with you on this . Let it go guys!

I agree. And anyway, who made you LordGodKingOmnipotent Stomper, Zack? :DIf a moderator closes a thread, so be it. Same thing if it's left open.

One thing though, can you point me to the posting rules? I didn't see them just looking around briefly. Is it ok to post info on non-supporting vendors? (K&N, MMR, KB, etc) Or does the problem lie only with posting from vendors who are sponsors elsewhere?:confused: I have a feeling that JLT may have been mentioned a time or two over on the "other" site, but I haven't seen any explosions about that over there, even though they have a forum here.....maybe I'm just too new here.:confused:

sailsmen
03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Why don't we let the new Speed Racer movie settle this.

Which S/C Speed Racer has in the Mach V will be the fastest virtual S/C on the internet!:D

Zack, was the 11.6 ET the one you ran back on 9/05 at Gainsville when it was one of those Global Warming days Al Gore is talking about?

For the uninformed ET is the the Elapsed Time starting when your vehicle breaks the photocell at the start and ends when your vehicle breaks the photocell at the finish.

ET is not impacted by RT, reaction time.

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
But Racer X will! :D

The REAL one, Bob.... not the Unreasonable FATsimilie of Racer X!

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 12:48 PM

You Gotta admit Zack, there has been a boat load of interest about it over here, too.
Perhaps ADMIN will try to work out a new deal with Mr. Barnes.
Center of the post for emphasis!

Hotrauder
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree with your posts and we are very fortunate to have so many excellent choices for such a rare car.

The days of being attacked for your choice of S/C on this board stopped on 2-19-07.

I don't understand what my post has to do with your post? But it doesn't matter I am glad you posted it.

Bill, my post was in support of yours. There are indeed many ways to an end, all of them good. And I am pleased that with the expected exception, we have grown up and can speak as men with connected issues of interest. I have never criticized another s/c choice for several reasons, not my business, don't know the financial situation, performance expectations or personal connections. Finally...NONE OF MY BUSINESS...We are all running around here like teenagers with CASH making our Marauders our own in our own way. Why is that so hard to understand and get behind for some? Dennis

Aren Jay
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
So is this going to be cold friendly like the standard Roots SC?

Or like the Paxton and Vortec who both say "do not use in the cold, below -15F"

If I SC my Marauder I will need to use it in the cold below -15F after having it parked for 24+ hours outside.

Thus my problem. Get a winter car and drive the Marauder in the summer only, both month. Or get a Lightning for summer fun and occasional truck like stuff, and keep the Marauder Naturally Aspirated.

I wish everyone supported the cold equally. Then again I wish for alot of things.

KillJoy
03-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Then again I wish for alot of things.

Me too. I wish this thread came with a cold beer, and bouncing boobies.

:(

KillJoy

Zack
03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
You Gotta admit Zack, there has been a boat load of interest about it over here, too.
Perhaps ADMIN will try to work out a new deal with Mr. Barnes.
Center of the post for emphasis!

Whats with this train of thought? :confused:

ADMIN doesnt need to strike any deal.
Jerry should fill out the form, pay the $$$, and become a vendor once more.

Simple as that.

Dragcity
03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey, Let's get back to the Bouncing Boobies !

RF Overlord
03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Perhaps ADMIN will try to work out a new deal with Mr. Barnes.It was Mr. Barnes' decision to not renew his sponsorship of this site. He is and always has been welcome here.

O's Fan Rich
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
It was Mr. Barnes' decision to not renew his sponsorship of this site. He is and always has been welcome here.

That is the deal I was talking about Zack..... the offer. And the welcome.

KillJoy
03-13-2008, 01:27 PM
LINKY (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33774) for reference.

:(

KillJoy

DOOM
03-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Did someone say boobies :drool:

High-C
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes they did...

MM2004
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I have a cold beer, and saw boobies.

That all I need..