PDA

View Full Version : *2002 Yamaha V-Max*

Chatam/Marauder
03-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Since purchasing a Black 04 MM this winter, I plan to put up my 2002 carbon fiber colored Yamaha V-Max motorcycle for sale this Spring, maybe within the next month or so I was thinking. I'm the second owner of this always garaged ride, it's bone stock, and its beutiful. It has just under 1,700 actual miles. I was thinking about $7,250 o.b.o.
Any leads on a potential buyer would be great.

The "Hot-Rod" of all bikes! :beer:

1stMerc
03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
A natural born factory hotrod, man you better keep it. You'll miss it on those warm summer nights

CKMustangCobra
03-15-2008, 05:06 AM
MAN.... I wish I had the cash.

If anyone doesn't know.... the Yamaha V-Max is the only production bike with a V-4 engine. Back in the late late 70s they were advertised the fastest bikes on earth.... which they were.... and is why no one would insure them. The engine also paved the way for Yamahas marine industry.

Awesome bikes and I really wish I had the cash. It's either a new V-Max or Raider in the next few years for me.

mrjones
03-15-2008, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=CKMustangCobra;594447]MAN.... I wish I had the cash.

If anyone doesn't know.... the Yamaha V-Max is the only production bike with a V-4 engine. Back in the late late 70s they were advertised the fastest bikes on earth....

Ooops. Wrong answer. Royal Star Venture and the Interceptor are still both being made, and are both V4s. Venture uses a SEVERELY neutered version of the VMax engine.

VMax came out in 84 as an 85 model. One of the magazines back then did a comparison test of the VMAX and the then king of sportbikes, the original 900 Ninja. Top speed on the Ninja was listed as 151, and the VMax was 149. Interesting thing was, they said the Ninja felt like it was using all of it's aerodynamic body work and every ounce of its horsepower to get there. They said the VMax felt like it would run 149 dragging the Ninja chained behind it!

I've got an 84 Honda V65 Sabre. Not as many hp as the VMax, but still a lot of fun, and I surprise a lot of young whippersnappers on their fancyshmancy new sportbikes with it.

Richy04
03-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I had the Venture Royale and the big mod was adding the Vmax rear and the top end from a vmax. They are nasty bikes and fun to ride. Probably the nicest looking bikes over the years too. I always liked the brushed aluminum things on the side of the tank. made the bike look mean..

Master
03-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Also of note, the V-Max was detuned in the nineties. I don't recall the year, but I know they don't dyno like the originals. Beautiful bikes, though. Always dreamed of having one. In fact, here I sit, looking at a factory glossy of the '06 that I keep under my docking station so I can dream my little dream...
And yes, as the copy reads "Since its introduction in 1985...".
Funny, they only list torque, which is 86.9 ft-lb. God, I love a V-Max!

Chatam/Marauder
05-17-2008, 08:40 PM
***bump***

dreydin
05-19-2008, 07:56 AM
eep! double post

dreydin
05-19-2008, 07:57 AM
have any pics?

my dad has an 85 or an 86 V-Max and its a beast!!! :bows:

Chatam/Marauder
05-19-2008, 09:41 AM