PDA

View Full Version : Membership question

dfjkl
03-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Saw my name in the new member listing....cool, thanks.

I know I'd had an account on here before, do you guys clean up old user accounts regularly? Thought I'd posted before...but can't find an old posting either (you guys archive them on any kind of a regular basis).

MM03MOK
03-21-2008, 07:54 PM
If you posted in a thread that was deleted, no posts would be associated with your screen name. Screen names are deleted after 3-4 months if you have no posts and haven't logged in for 3+ months. If you don't find your old screen name in the Member list, it was deleted due to inactivity.

dfjkl
03-21-2008, 09:51 PM
What about if you posted in a previous thread and your old screen name had been deleted? How far back to the posts go, or are they archived off say yearly? You delete accounts after a few months of inactivity? Eek...that's rather aggressive.

MM03MOK
03-22-2008, 06:13 AM
What about if you posted in a previous thread and your old screen name had been deleted? How far back to the posts go, or are they archived off say yearly? You delete accounts after a few months of inactivity? Eek...that's rather aggressive.
You wouldn't believe how many people sign up and then never visit again. No screen names are deleted if there's even one post. As I said, if that one post might have been in a deleted thread, there's no post. We have threads and posts going back to the beginning in 2002. The most recent new member's number is 8,757. The home page shows Members just under 4,000. The math shows the difference. That's a lot of people that created a screen name and never really "joined" us. More database management too.

What was the screen name?

dfjkl
03-22-2008, 09:50 AM
The same. dfjkl Not a big deal....just curious. Thanks for the clarifications.