PDA

View Full Version : Why I do go WOT in my Trilogy.

Smokie
03-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Recently a thread was closed that reminded me of why I don't participate much in any online forum. I don't blame Mike for shutting it down, if the information had been presented in good faith, it had tremendous potential to educate.

I'm not qualified to question or critique the graph that was presented and I don't believe it is representative of the results you would get with a basic out of the box T-Kit. So I will only comment on what I do know.

I own an out of the box basic T-Kit with over 20,000 miles and about 50 runs down the 1/4 mile, it produces about 400 rwhp (measured at Dennis Reinhart's excellent facility in Orange park, Fl.) the gas mileage remains about the same as before S/C'ing 17/23 mpg.

Florida has the largest concentration of T-kits anywhere in the Nation and they run quite well out the box and are not ventilating their blocks. Excellent manners in everyday driving and tons of low end torque from a dead start. This is what Jerry promised and it is exactly what he delivered.

Lidio knows how to make cars go fast and knows when you go to the edge you will "spill the oil". He was NOT commisioned to tune the T-Kit for "balls out maximum speed" his job with the tools available at the genesis of the T-Kit project was plenty of power with a very healthy concern for "block safety" This has never been a secret.

Anyone that bought the T-Kit and wanted more power knew how to go about it. Here in Florida we are very fortunate to have Scott Beir. who has done an excellent job CUSTOM tuning local T-Kits and also other types of S/C'ers including the record setting* Procharger owned by my good friend Tom (TJA).

The T-Kit from the very beginning has been presented exactly for what it is: A way to make a stock Marauder anywhere in the country very fast and very reliable, it was never advertised as being delivered at the raw edge of performance (that is where you spill the oil)

Today we know that there are better options for IAT placement and using fuel tables that don't just simply default to a rich condition in order to PROTECT the block by sacrificing power. The point is and always was Jerry and Lidio wanted to deliver to their customers "safe, reliable power" and they succeeded admirably.

The enmities that have develop over the years remain, and continue to interfere with an honest and constructive exchange of information that could benefit us all. Please don't waste my time or yours trying to convince me it was all "innocent", it wasn't.

I don't write much anymore but I felt compelled to write this because it bothered me to see another thread go down the tubes. If my thread illicits another keyboard brawl Mike feel free to close it, no hard feelings on my part. Thanks, Javier.

* Fastest Marauder daily driver known to me. :D

Paul T. Casey
03-23-2008, 06:20 AM
I've missed you Javier. I miss the "simpler" days myself.

Bluerauder
03-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I don't write much anymore but I felt compelled to write this because it bothered me to see another thread go down the tubes.
Javier, I always appreciate your solid, unbiased and calm insight into these matters. Thanks for your comments. :up: We miss you around here.

Smokie
03-23-2008, 06:23 AM
I've missed you Javier. I miss the "simpler" days myself.

I miss you and your lovely Mrs. my friend, the friendships and good times shared...that, no one can take away.:D

Mike Poore
03-23-2008, 06:31 AM
That was well said, and timely, Javier. Your calm reasonableness is appreciated, thank you. :2thumbs:

sailsmen
03-23-2008, 07:04 AM
I say which type of S/C Speed Racer's MACH V has in the new movie be deemed the Internet King of S/C!

For those of you who doubt the reality of the Internet merely peak behind your screen, you won't even find the "Wizard of Oz".

I know I keep looking for him.

I did find the;
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/MusicMan.jpg

OneBADLsE
03-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Very well said Javier

MarauderTJA
03-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your input Javier. And as always truly appreciated my friend.

bob6364
03-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Dang,I guess I should have checked in more,that thread was interesting,I read every post,must have got worse after i posted because it didn't seem bad before that ...

Zack
03-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Javier, you speak wisely as usual.

In my defense, I am a car enthusiast. I do my own work and understand just about everything that is going on in the car and computer when I drive. Its a second-nature 'sense' that is always turned on.

I dont get in my car and turn the key like you and MANY others do. I also dont drop my car off to a shop and wait for the call that my car is done. I get dirty and am proud of my work. If my car is gonna go faster, it will be the result of MY hard work, not a checkbook.

With that said, along with 5 years of ongoing learning, I dont think you or anyone have the right to judge my posts as attacks. You all have made such a strong friendship with one another that I genuinely feel any public acknowledgment of my research will lead to ill-feelings and god forbid that happens. So the easiest way to keep civility is to put up a post like this and defend, defend, defend.

Well Im sorry, but thats crap.

I didnt think Lidio was going to contribute his thoughts since he hasnt made a post in god knows how long. But Im glad he did. He didnt do anything but defend what he does. He didnt explain what he does or why. Nor did he share any info on new vs. old tuning procedures. He didnt explain if he now tunes AF based on MAF transfer function like you are supposed to. As far as I know, he's still tuning the base fuel table, which is wrong.

Im so tired of being mis-interpreted. Im here to help people. If you dont like the way I do it, fine! Ive tuned up my attitude and presentation over the years and I can assure you its not going to get any better that the present.

This argument was founded to educate, not argue about.

Good day :beer:

Hotrauder
03-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Spot on Javier, as always. We miss you my friend as you always have a direct path to the pertinent and provide a calm and reasoned point of view. A path back to reason for us all. Jerry Barnes makes the same points. The out of the box Trilogy kit performs it's design mission seamlessly and meets each and every advertising claim effortlessly and safely. Ergo the great success of system. The latest next step, the Twin Screw is available NOW. Mine arrived this past week and will be installed soon...I can't wait to go WOT with that baby...Oh, you to can own one too for the same $100 I invested...the second Twin Screw Raffle is now on..you can buy one of the 100 tickets and go WOT yourself. :beer:Dennis

hyvltge
03-23-2008, 08:56 AM
What'd I miss?

Spectragod
03-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I must've missed it too.
SG

Kennyrauder
03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Now that you will have a spare, does this mean Penny gets a Marauder too? Happy Easter Dennis & Penny from the frozen Ken & Dawn in Canada. Still winter here.

RoyLPita
03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Amen to that, Javier. I've liked the Kit since it came out. One day I'll have mine, new or used.

NATEHAWK
03-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I love my kit and im going to see Lidio in a few weeks.....:banana2:

Smokie
03-23-2008, 12:14 PM
In my defense, I am a car enthusiast. I do my own work and understand just about everything that is going on in the car and computer when I drive. Its a second-nature 'sense' that is always turned on....This argument was founded to educate, not argue about.

Good day :beer:

Zack, you may feel that I chose to attack you and only you, if so that is sad because attacks are not my style or nature. Personally I think you are one of the brightest most gifted individuals I have ever met in my life, if your memory is as sharp as I believe it to be; you should be able to remember that I have defended you...or maybe you forgotten.

You have made many excellent contributions over the years to this community as a whole and also helped many individuals, I will never pretend that I know a fraction of what you know about our Marauders....but I know a thing or two about human nature...and civility.

At times you were unfairly attacked, other times you would start one hell of a mess. It is not my place to judge you and you certainly have not asked for my advise or opinion: so now I hang on a limb...work on the delivery.:D

Well that's it Zack, if you learned anything about me in the last 5 years it will be easy for you to understand what my intentions are, if you still feel that you are under attack I miserably failed to get my point across. Javier.

TooManyFords
03-23-2008, 02:05 PM
sadly, the thread filled with more than enough leg humping to close a thread. We never did get a good answer on why the tune is the way it is. Zack, I'm afraid there a not enough open-minded people here to willing to learn regardless of who built the kit or tuned it.

It goes back to a post I made on another forum about putting people on pedestals;

Go and have the tune looked at. It is wrong and needs to be fixed.

John

Cobra25
03-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Javier your words of Calm & Wisdom are truely missed here. It benifit's everyone. I only would hope & pray too see you post more as time goes by my Friend .

Zack
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
For the record Javier, I do NOT feel like you were coming at me, nor was my response directed back at you.

Its all in your interpretation :D

CRUZTAKER
03-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Mr.X!!!

Long time no here from.

Jessica and Gage say hello...and we have a new addition to the family since we last spoke.

Nice to hear from you, and I hope all well on the family side of things.