PDA

View Full Version : 60th Anniversary Fender Strat

UncleLar
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Blizzard Silver,would look righteous with a SB MM. In like new condition with genuine Fender 60th Anniv gig bag. $400 to a fellow MM owner.
For pics see Craigslist Chicago,item #622293424

ImpalaSlayer
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
what exactly are you sellin?

Breadfan
04-02-2008, 03:50 PM
A guitar //

arejayesss
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM

A special Strat to honor Fender's first 60 years.

Celebrate Fender's anniversary with this special version of the Standard Strat. It has most of the Standard Series features while incorporating several key features not normally found in the Standard Strat: over-wound high-output Tex-Mex Strat pickups (the same as on the Jimmy Vaughan Strat), a distinctive Blizzard Pearl finish, engraved 60th Anniversary neck plate, and a special anniversary gig bag.
Fender 60th Anniversary Commemorative Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar Specifications:

9-1/2" fingerboard radius
25-1/2" scale
21 frets
1.650" nut widthFender 60th Anniversary Commemorative Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:

Standard Series
Alder body
Maple neck with modern C shape
Maple fretboard
Chrome hardware
Cast/sealed tuning machines
Vintage-style synchronized tremolo
3 Tex-Mex single-coil Strat pickups
5-way pickup switching
3-ply parchment pickguard
Master volume
Tone 1 (neck pickup)
Tone 2 (middle pickup)
Blizzard pearl finish
Engraved 60th Anniversary neck plate
Satin tinted neck
60th Anniversary gig bagYou've always wanted a Standard Strat. Now's your chance to buy one that's extra special. Order your 60th Anniversary Strat right away.

ImpalaSlayer
04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
no wonder i have no clue what your talkinga bout. i thought you ment somethinf for a mm fender lol

Black Dynamite
04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I can't tell....is it American?

arejayesss
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't tell....is it American?
I believe it is, the lesser fender models are made in Japan and Korea, but I'm pretty sure this is made in the good old USA

UncleLar
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
arjayesss has been doing his homework,but this one was MIM,made in Mexico,which some people seem to prefer,a few even over the American made Strats.The MIM electronics are better than the Asian made stuff and quality is much better overall than you might think.
You couldn't touch an American made 60th Anniversary Strat for over twice that amount.But even the MIM 60th is being touted as a collectible,I know this one is the only one I've seen in person.
Heck,it'd sure be classier than the Volkswagen guitar they gave away with new VW's a few years ago that you could plug into the standard sound system and play,just pull up in your SB pop the trunk,plug your matching axe into a custom amp set up and you're an "instant rock star",lol.

arejayesss
04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah, duh MIM:lol: Didn't catch that. I think over all the playability and comfort of a guitar is what matters most, not where its made. This guitar style has a very comfortable and familiar feel to it. Fender is an excellent company. And certainly this is a collectors item. They won't be making any more of these, until maybe the 70th edition:D
My first guitar was a strat

offroadkarter
04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
My brother has a strat, they are good guitars!

Breadfan
04-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I have a MIM standard strat it's a very well made guitar and has never let me down soemone will get a great axe there

UncleLar
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I may trade for some excellent condition Marauder wheels but prefer a local trade.