PDA

View Full Version : Tunes.

Aren Jay
04-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok I understand that Wes sells Lidio tunes.

But what I don't get is this, does Wes sell a Lidio tune, and Lidio tunes it, but who does updates for it?

Lidio or Wes?

Say I need a 4.10 tune for summer and winter driving.

but I get a 3.55 tune one for summer one for winter.

Would I then deal with Lidio or Wes to update this?

Also

Can I get a Winter tune as well as a summer tune?

finally is there some sort of stock tune, given that my stock tune is screwed up for some reason?

oldekid
04-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure about a winter/summer tune, because I live in Florida, but if you really want a Lidio tune, why not deal directly with Lidio? I have a Lidio tune, and am quite happy with it. I have ordered from both Wes and Lidio, and certainly don't want to promote one vendor over another. Both are very easy to work with, and I'm glad they are both supporting vendors of our site.

Good luck, either way, like I said, Lidio has a great tune for our cars. Regardless of who you get it from, you should be happy.

offroadkarter
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Lidio would update it, you send the Xcal2 to him and he would reprogram it.

It comes with a 3.55 and 4.10 tune already loaded on it.

Raudermaster
04-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Yea, he puts 2 tunes on it for 3.55's and 4.10's, if you choose to upgrade eventually. I think he does e-mail tunes now too.

Taemian
04-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Yea, he puts 2 tunes on it for 3.55's and 4.10's, if you choose to upgrade eventually. I think he does e-mail tunes now too.

No email tunes, send the SCT back for mods. Charges a minimal amount.

Raudermaster
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks Ian, wasn't sure if Lidio was doing them or not.

Aren Jay
04-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Lidio does not sell direct to Canada though, Wes does. Does Lidio ship a tune purchased from Wes to Canada after an update?

wchain
04-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Theres not usually a 'summer' or 'winter' tune. I would ship it to Canada.

As far as updates, Lidio does do them but generally doesn't like to make too many changes without seeing the car on a dyno (i.e. if you made major changes).

As far as updating the tune to the 'latest and greatest', thats not really necessary.

Aren Jay
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Can a Tune be made that deletes first gear. Start in second and stay there till 3K or 4K then shift to 3rd at 3K or 4K etc... (RPM)?

This would be a winter tune?

Does Lidio do this?

Marauderjack
04-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Can a Tune be made that deletes first gear. Start in second and stay there till 3K or 4K then shift to 3rd at 3K or 4K etc... (RPM)?

This would be a winter tune?

Does Lidio do this?

Simply put your shifter in "2" and it starts off in second gear!!!:beer::D

Aren Jay
04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Only good if you want to constantly shift into and out of second gear. I perfer to have my hands on the wheel when icy and pay attention to the losers driving around me.

Yes in Calgary we have a whole bunch of loser drivers. Every year when it gets icy the first two or three days there are a few 1000 accidents as the losers drive into each other and the good drivers try to avoid them. Ultimately you end up not going out, if at all possible, for those two or three days, just to clear the losers off the roads and into the autobody shops.