PDA

View Full Version : ?? I have a Possible Tune Problem, ????

bigbillybbs
04-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I am not very knowledgeable about cars but I use this forum as my study guide and advice.

I just recently decided to modify my 2003A marauder which has 54,000 on her.
I have added a JLT intake, Dynotech Driveshaft and a X-cal 3 tune from Mr. Reinhart.
The tune was set for my stock 3.55 gears 93 octane.

Since I have installed the three up grades I have noticed in idle the car vibrates slightly rougher. Also the cooling fan is noticeably on more often. There also is a slight but very faint smell coming from the engine that I never noticed before. (My dad noticed the smell as well.)
I have watched the temp gauge like a hawk and it is fine.
All the fluid levels are perfect . I use Mobil 1 5W-20 Synthetic
I also go to a Shell gas station by me and always fill up with 93 Octane.

When I get on it it runs perfect shifts hard and performs AMAZING. I love everything about my first few mods.

Am I just paranoid over every little thing in my car or is this something to take seriously? :confused:

MitchB
04-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Best thing to do is call Reinhart and tell him about what concerns you. I'd bet you would find he would be very willing to help.

Mitch

MM2004
04-07-2008, 04:04 AM
The tune that you received from Dennis is proven to be a reliable and safe tune.

The idle in Dennis' tune is increased from ~650 RPM to ~950 RPM. Mine is the same way, and can be adjusted with your XCal. This is most likley the cause of the slightly rough idle and the cooling fan cycling more.

The odor from the car I cannot elaborate on. Just guessing, it may be the new intake from JLT reacting to the engine heat it has not seen before??

Just keep an eye on it and drive it like you stole it!

:burnout:

Mike.

Krytin
04-07-2008, 04:49 AM
I had the same problem when I installed DR's tune. Everthing else was fine but the idle in drive was a little too high. I reduced the idle and I had no more vibrations or smells.
I have since had the car custom tuned on a dyno so everything has been changed.

mmssdriver
04-07-2008, 10:13 AM
your paranoid

Stranger in the Black Sedan
04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
The 4.6 DOHC in the Marauder causes a noticeable vibe right around 850-900 idle. When my car is coming down off cold fast idle, you can feel when it hits the speed at which you get a vibe through the chassis. Dennis' original tune had the hot idle right at this "vibe" rpm and I had to have him back it down to stock (550 rpms). If you don't have a set of underdrives decreasing your alt output, I'm not sure what advantage a high idle speed would have. I like mine to idle as low as stock if it isn't causing any adverse affects. Talk to Dennis and he can adjust to your preferences. If it were my car I would definitely back it down to stock idle speed.