PDA

View Full Version : Autofair At (charlotte) Lowe's Motor Speedway

frdwrnch
08-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Anyone interested in showing their Marauder with the International Mercury Owners Association (IMOA) during Autofair on Pit Road at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Saturday September 13, 2003 please pm me or e-mail me @ frdwrnch@aol.com for a registration form, map, etc.. Hours are 8:00am until 4:00 pm on saturday and sunday. I have arranged for 7 (seven) Marauder only spaces that will be distributed on a first come first served basis. This is a huge event and you must be able to be in your show area by 9:00 am due to the massive amount of pedestrian traffic. The IMOA will also be showing on Sunday and if you can show then also please indicate on your registration form.

Marauderman
08-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Yahoo! I'll take a position--check your PM from me--It wil be a good trial run for Texas the next week---According to Logan with the HEAT situation there= will need to practice with coolers/chairs/ sheet rock for chairs- (asphalt in Tex)--anyway--how about telling the folks what this is all about partner---

Marauderman
08-15-2003, 04:24 PM
IN case you miss my info--SAT only--got to prep for Tex you know!!!

gdmjoe
08-15-2003, 07:59 PM
BTW ... here's a link (http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/track_info/car_shows/schedule/) for the event particulars.

gdmjoe
08-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Anyone know what happened to the Southern All Ford Centennial Celebration that was scheduled for 30-31Aug ?

*Note - It was on Lowe's car show schedule earlier this year.

frdwrnch
08-16-2003, 06:10 AM
Details about the cancelled 100th are sketchy. Basically the speedway and SVTOA are pointing fingers at one another. I find it strange that a similar celebration is being planned for next spring by a newly formed Ford Owners association backed by Dennis Carpenter at the same location.

Marauderman
08-16-2003, 08:32 AM
A NOTE TO ALL Those wanting to take part are reminded that it's an ALL-day-event--meaning be prepared to be there all day--with you or someone by your car to answer questions--show it and maybe post you mods on some board next to it for all to read as they pass--it's a show and we are in it--

frdwrnch
08-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Remember the Impala SS owners are going to be there and we have a duty to show them up! (and perhaps the ritual burnout in front of there show area, not that I am condoning any wreckless activity).

dok
08-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm back from vacation now. I'm in. :bounce:

frdwrnch
08-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Gotcha Covered DOK. You should recieve your stuff in a couple of days.

frdwrnch
08-21-2003, 01:38 PM
COME ON GUYS! We Need at least three more!

TAF
08-21-2003, 01:44 PM
I'd LOVE to be there with you guys, Russell...

maybe Harris Teeter has a Grand Opening that weekend...that's the ticket....{wishful thinking}

dok
08-21-2003, 01:59 PM
TAF

They are building a new Harris Teeter about 4 miles from the track. I think you should come check it out. :D

Marauderman
08-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Mark Ray I believe is wanting a spot for a Blue MM he is bringing--save a spot for him--will have him call you --that leaves two more spots--where is Butch Aand Marauder1?????

Marauderman
08-22-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by dok
TAF

They are building a new Harris Teeter about 4 miles from the track. I think you should come check it out. :D

Hey Todd--Have you heard about the above---Hummmmm....

marauder1
08-22-2003, 12:29 PM
I gotta work and can't get out of it. I'll be be there with you in spirit though.:mad2:

Butch
08-22-2003, 01:17 PM
frdwrnch,

I am *planning* on going, but can't make a 100% commitment yet.

Currently, I am about 75% sure I can go, but I don't wan't to take a spot unless I am 100% sure I am going. It just wouldn't be fair to others that might want the spot and are more sure about being there.

I will know more after this weekend, but you know how I am, I always say I don't know if I can be at one of the meetings until the last minute, but I show up anyway.

Marauderman
08-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey Butch --what inticement will it take-? Todd said asking that would help? Tom :lol:

Butch
08-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!!

or Brownies!!!

That might do it!

frdwrnch
08-23-2003, 01:58 PM
No problem. I'll hold you a spot. Just try to let me know a couple of days before. Trying to find someone out front to give them their passes is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Marauderman
08-25-2003, 05:12 AM
Refresh--Believe there is maybe one spot remaining----whose gonna get it----

Butch
08-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Ok, I'm going to the Autofair.

I've put off my other commitment. (I'll never hear the end of it from my other Mustang friends. I was going to race my Mustang at the Ford Show at Rockingham the same weekend. I've just got to finish putting the new nitrous plate on it! Guess there's no rush on that now!)

So....Count me in.

Marauderman
08-26-2003, 04:44 AM
OK -I'll call Russel today-Thurs the 26th to tell him--he will send you the tickets for entry and placement in the mail--send him your mailing address, PM or some other way -- Tom

Butch
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Thanks Tom. I have PMed Russell my address.

Who is going to be there both days? I will be there at least Saturday, but I may drive back down if enough people will be there for Sunday.

See you guys down there!

frdwrnch
08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Great Butch! Your passes are on the way. It looks like about three or four on Sunday. The roster includes you, me, marauderman, dok, mark, new owner Larry(not yet on board the site), and newbie "agent" if his is delivered on time.

TAF
08-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by frdwrnch
The roster includes you, me, marauderman, dok, mark, new owner Larry(not yet on board the site), and newbie "agent" if his is delivered on time.

And if Agent takes delivery on time...that would be the FIRST time to see all 4 colors in one place...right?

Congrats to the NC boys!

Butch
09-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Any updated info on this event that we need to know about???

I've cleaned up my MM and have parked it this week so that it will already be nice and clean for me when I get back from NJ this week. I even scrubbed the backside of the rims.

I also bought the trunk organizer to help me keep everything nice and clean in the back! New floor mats are coming in this week also. I will use the new set just for shows and such.

Anyone have anymore ideas of anything to do/bring for the show? I'm bringing a cooler and some chairs.

Marauderman
09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm also bring chairs and cooler--wife is gonna try and post list I gave her of current mods for display--you may want to do same--I need a way to hold the display though...hummm....least that's what I'm doing.....of course bring stuff to clean her after arrival---am planning on getting there early --ads in paper say times are 8-6PM so guess I'll get there earily....Tom

dok
09-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Ditto on the chairs and cooler. I'm going to try to get there between 7:45 and 8:00 (long drive).

Anybody know if the sticker that goes on the windshield goes on the driver or passenger side? I couldn't see that it indicated proper location.

frdwrnch
09-09-2003, 05:48 AM
THE VEHICLE PASS SHOULD BE DISPLAYED IN THE LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER ABOVE INSPECTION STICKER.
BTW, I GOT REAR ENDED SATURDAY BUT DAMAGE WAS CONFINED TO REAR BUMPER COVER. I'M SCRAMBLING TO GET IT FIXED THIS WEEK. OTHER DRIVER WAS DWI, LEAVING SCENE, NO INSURANCE. JUST MY LUCK!

Marauderman
09-14-2003, 06:47 AM
My thanks to frdwrnch - Russel for having us at the show yesterday-- we had five show- Butch, dok's sliver, frdwrnch, mrmark's blue presented by Zeus Automotive rep. Mark Ray and myself and ms marauderman.

Met a bunch of nice people and a newb e , John Davision from Cary near Raleigh, N.C. who just got his 300A for $26500 last week..Wants to join our group which will give Butch a pairing partner for road trips with us

Frdrnch took some pics and we MISSED our Red member AgentM79--how could he have found more people to show it than what we had--which we had about 10,000...anyway---

We proudly showed out MM's--all three colors and had a fun day-- my thanks to you guys for coming out- and again to Russell for geting us in the show...Tom

Agent M79
09-14-2003, 08:15 AM
Wish I could have been there. That would have been a very sweet deal. I was thinking about it all day, sometimes when I shouldn't have been!

We'll need to get together soon and get the snaps posted!

frdwrnch
09-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Pics are on the way,should be done by tomorrow. Thanks to all. We missed you Agent.I can't figure out how to load them to the photo gallery as I can't find an icon for new posts. More on the way after I scan and prep them.

dok
09-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by frdwrnch
Pics are on the way,should be done by tomorrow. Thanks to all. We missed you Agent.I can't figure out how to load them to the photo gallery as I can't find an icon for new posts. More on the way after I scan and prep them.

Click on Photo Gallery. In the upper right hand corner it should say upload photos. If it doesn't, there should be a spot to login. Even though you are already logged in, do it again.

frdwrnch
09-19-2003, 04:04 PM
A few pics are now in the gallery and after i recieve my 35 mm's back I'll scan those in, ...uh,after I figure out how!

Marauderman
09-19-2003, 04:23 PM
A "few"--Gosh man --3 is all I saw-- is that all! Thought you took more that all!!

frdwrnch
09-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Two more now, I'll get the 35mm's back tomorrow. I may not be able to retrieve any more digi prints as I broke my digital camera.