PDA

View Full Version : Blue on Auto-trader

knine
04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice BLUE on auto-trader. Avon Park, Florida.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=239260942&dealer_id=66373&car_year=2003&model=MARAUDER&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=51&make=MERC&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=50&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1032

Number two, Wooddale Illinois
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=242402602&dealer_id=62393877&car_year=2003&num_records=25&model=MARAUDER&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=76&make=MERC&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=75&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=30

Merc220A
04-08-2008, 10:00 PM
The front bumper on the first one looks awful. They could have at least cleaned it up. Geezz

Breadfan
04-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Nice BLUE on auto-trader. Avon Park, Florida.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=239260942&dealer_id=66373&car_year=2003&model=MARAUDER&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=51&make=MERC&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=50&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1032

Number two, Wooddale Illinois
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=242402602&dealer_id=62393877&car_year=2003&num_records=25&model=MARAUDER&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=used&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=76&make=MERC&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=75&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=30

The second one know's their stuff and may be on the boards: "one of only 327 produced"

First one has been around, it's come down in price I believe.

SC Cheesehead
04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
The second one know's their stuff and may be on the boards: "one of only 327 produced"

First one has been around, it's come down in price I believe.

Agreed on the front end of #1, looks pretty rough.

Did like the write up they had in the first listing:

"Quickly becoming a collectors item the Marauder is one to buy. Mercury reaches back in its history for the name Marauder for a performance version of the 2003 Grand Marquis. Although sharing body and chassis with the Grand Marquis, the Marauder is cataloged as a separate model. In 1963-64, the Marauder was a high-performance version of the Mercury Montclair and Monterey. Parnelli Jones drove a specially prepared model to victory at the 1963 Pikes Peak Hill Climb. In 1969-70, the Marauder X-100 was powered by a 429 cubic-inch 7-liter V8. The 2003 Marauder supplements the Grand Marquis as something the world hasn't seen since the demise of the 1994-96 Chevy Impala SS, the American full-size performance sedan, emphasis on performance. It comes with an all-aluminum 4.6-liter double overhead cam 32-valve V8 and a slew of other performance items that look like they came out of a Hot Rod Magazine wish list. Like Dorothy in Munchkinland realizing she's not in Kansas anymore, the driver of the Mercury Marauder knows he's not in a Grand Marquis. The Mercury Marauder is a performance car and will appeal primarily to the automotive enthusiast. Mercury expected 90 percent of buyers to be male. Not a car nut? Don't buy the Marauder. Ford guys who wanted a car like the Impala SS but would never buy a Chevy finally have something to buy. "

SCCH

knine
04-09-2008, 04:34 AM
That quote was out of some magazine somewhere, I have seen it before. They plagerized it.

03Farmmarauder
04-09-2008, 05:55 AM
The first blue has been wrecked in the back, only the bumber cover but it was cracked and the put plastic body filler over it and a bad paint job. The front of the car is ate up from bugs that never got clean off and needs a repaint. The car sold from around me in Delavan Il.

94_302
04-09-2008, 06:12 AM
The first one has been posted before. A member went and took pics and reported back it's not in great shape.

They also initially listed it around 16 then jacked the price up to 18 and have slowly dropped it since then.

If anyone talks to dealers with blue ones, don't tell them it's 1 of 327.

ckadiddle
04-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Them blues are a dime a dozen. I see one every day around here. ;)

SC Cheesehead
04-09-2008, 07:01 AM
That quote was out of some magazine somewhere, I have seen it before. They plagerized it.

Aahhhhh, I did not know that! Thought it was some pretty insightful comments for someone that otherwise doesn't know squat about Marauders.

Them blues are a dime a dozen. I see one every day around here. ;)

Pete, me too!

Seems they're everywhere! Six of 'em up at the KY meet, we outnumbered the SBs and DTRs combined. The next thing you know, we'll start giving the black ones a run for their money.;)

SCCH

dpotter
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
The second one is the one I had the high bid on Friday morning on eBay in which the seller sent me a 2nd chance offer at $13K. The guy called me about a minute after sending the offer, we agreed on the price and he asked me not to use the buy it now on the 2nd chance since eBay would charge him another $50. We agreed on pick-up date, etc and I contacted my lender with the details.

The seller, Joe Ashby (not sure if he's a member here or not), calls me back a few hours later saying there were people in the parking lot looking at the car and the bidding was now up to $14.5K. WTF, the car was sold to me @ $13K. I was busy on a conference call and figured if that's the way the guy was I couldn't trust him, had no way to know if there was actually anyone there/he was possibly just jacking up the price, who knows...so I thanked him and ended the call.

Thoroughly pissed and interested in what was really going on I called Joe back once my conference call ended. He said these guys just showed up. Really? If I sold a car, like I did last week, I would tell anyone else calling on the car that it had been sold and I would call them if the deal fell through. Joe then says he figured he should call me and offer me the deal since he seemed morally obligated given our deal! "The price is $13,750". I questioned the latest price and he said the high bidder in the parking lot backed down off the $14.5K.

Whatever, I'm glad I didn't buy it. Integrity is worth more than moeny IMO. Karma will handle him.

If anyone is interested I have the carfax on that blue, and an open account for another 20 something days. PM me the VIN and I will reply with the carfax report.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone interested in the Illinois car check it out in person and deal face to face with the seller and put money down (and get a receipt) or buy it on the spot given my experience with this person.

BTW, I found it on Autotrader last night but when clicked it said no longer available for sale.

May be buying a black one locally. Sure wanted a blue though.
:beer:
dhp

mikeymarauder33
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I thought those 2 were on EBay last week.

RaceLegend79
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
The second one is the one I had the high bid on Friday morning on eBay in which the seller sent me a 2nd chance offer at $13K. The guy called me about a minute after sending the offer, we agreed on the price and he asked me not to use the buy it now on the 2nd chance since eBay would charge him another $50. We agreed on pick-up date, etc and I contacted my lender with the details.

The seller, Joe Ashby (not sure if he's a member here or not), calls me back a few hours later saying there were people in the parking lot looking at the car and the bidding was now up to $14.5K. WTF, the car was sold to me @ $13K. I was busy on a conference call and figured if that's the way the guy was I couldn't trust him, had no way to know if there was actually anyone there/he was possibly just jacking up the price, who knows...so I thanked him and ended the call.

Thoroughly pissed and interested in what was really going on I called Joe back once my conference call ended. He said these guys just showed up. Really? If I sold a car, like I did last week, I would tell anyone else calling on the car that it had been sold and I would call them if the deal fell through. Joe then says he figured he should call me and offer me the deal since he seemed morally obligated given our deal! "The price is $13,750". I questioned the latest price and he said the high bidder in the parking lot backed down off the $14.5K.

Whatever, I'm glad I didn't buy it. Integrity is worth more than moeny IMO. Karma will handle him.

If anyone is interested I have the carfax on that blue, and an open account for another 20 something days. PM me the VIN and I will reply with the carfax report.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone interested in the Illinois car check it out in person and deal face to face with the seller and put money down (and get a receipt) or buy it on the spot given my experience with this person.

BTW, I found it on Autotrader last night but when clicked it said no longer available for sale.

May be buying a black one locally. Sure wanted a blue though.
:beer:
dhp

Dont give up on a good Blue, if it is what you truly wanted. I waited 1st 3 years to even get MM per my wife. At the time I didnt feel as if Ford would copy Chevy and just stop making a good car. Alas they did:mad2:. But hey I still had a chance to get a new one early in 05, which turned out better bc I found that there was another color besides black and DTR(I also did not know about SB). There was my favorite color BLUE! So we went to the local dealer got loan set-up for them to get me a brand new blue. Tradgedy strikes. I am offered promotion but have to move to Lufkin, about 2 hrs N of Houston,Tx and have to buy a house the car has to wait until another day. Finally the time came that my wife came to terms with how much I wanted this Blue MM. I almost gave in to SB (Im a Cowboys fan sooo....) but 3 months of searching the internet, I had to get one that was registered in Tx to buy from a private seller or I could buy one anywhere from dealer, but I found that beautiful Pearl and the love affair started. So what ever you do, dont give up on a Blue! Just my :twocents:

dpotter
04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Interesting, I saw a very nice DTR in Nacogdoches a few months ago. If I can get the black one for the right price I will but will also keep an eye out for a DBP.

I'll ping you the next time I head to Lufkin, I have a center there supporting some of my outsourced chat work, would be there Monday but we're going to Nac instead for our Q1 ops review. I'd like to see your MM in person!

Thanks for the inspirational message,

dhp