PDA

View Full Version : Need Keyless Pads

Vortech347
04-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I need 2 Keyless entry pads.

Problem I'm having is everytime I get one on ebay that will say it works for my car DOESN'T!!! So. I'll make it easy. I'll do 20$ shipped for a transmitter that is in good shape (keyhole not broken) and works!

E-mail me shoman96@aol.com I have paypal and can pay you quick

Thanks guys.

RoyLPita
04-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Which are you looking for? The one on the key ring or the one on the door?

cyclopsram
04-09-2008, 05:18 AM
A 30000$ car and you are buying junk on ebay? Just go to the "dealer" and get two new ones with warranty. The Dealer on here, or the dealer in your neighborhood.

ckadiddle
04-09-2008, 07:26 AM
I bought used keyfobs on ebay with no problems. The trick is you must know in advance what will work and what won't. Look for the magical secret codes on the back of the fob. The two I have with me operate our Marauders. The programming of keyfobs to a car is a little tricky, I had to do it a few times till I got all the motions just right.

The first one says:
Ford Motor Company
3W73-15K601-AA
FCC ID: CWTWB1U343
CAN: 1788A-FWB1U343

The second one says:
F8AB-15K601-AA
FCC ID: CWTWB1U313
CAN: 1788 102 352

Not every Ford keyfob will work with a Marauder. I had a keyfob left over from the 2000 Mustang GT but the MM would not recognize it. No fobs came with the black MM we purchased recently, so I searched ebay based on the known good codes that would work with a MM and bought two and they programmed fine for me. I am pretty sure one of our four working MM fobs is a leftover from the 2001 crown vic I used to have. I am also sure that not all crown vid fobs will program to a MM. Programming instructions are in the owners manual and probably around here somewhere also.

Now if you are talking about the keypad installed on the driver's door, I have no clue. Sorry. I was fortunate enough to buy two used MMs where the door punch code was in the glovebox iwth the other stuff.

Vortech347
04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
A 30000$ car and you are buying junk on ebay? Just go to the "dealer" and get two new ones with warranty. The Dealer on here, or the dealer in your neighborhood.

Actually I own a car thats worth about 12k with more rust on it than my mustang thats 19 years old. If I would of spent 30k on this car I would of put a helmet on and crashed it into a tree by now and collect insurance. Thanks. :cool4:

Thanks CK I'll search with those numbers. The programing mode is cake to get into.

ckadiddle
04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
U will try to remember to look at the wife's fobs tonight and see if hers have any different "secret codes".