PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play Need for Speed?

Stangracer89
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I have come up with an ET drag racing program for this game. Check it out, will work on or off line with PS3 or Xbox. Wanna Race? I have all info with easy scoring sheets in a pdf but is just a little too big to attach here. If you would like a copy just email me stangracer89@yahoo.com.
Here is the basic rundown:
Since it is nearly impossible to run a fair heads up online race with this game I have devised a very simple ET Bracket style drag racing program loosely based on the NHRA™ Open Comp Bracket series. It can be played on-line or using the honor system at home and simply Email your results to your buddies. Remember, you are not racing against the other driver, you are running against your own Dial-in in order to beat the other drivers. This way everyone can race regardless of position in the game, car used or modifications made. However, the more experienced guys will have an advantage due to practice. This is about the only way to mimic real drag racing with this game. This system may sound complicated at first, but it is much simpler in practice.

ONLINE Rules:
1. The Host will set up a track and invite buddies (racers) in Race Day. Only ¼ mile tracks will be accepted.
2. These race days shall consist of as many runs as desired and agreed upon.
3. All drivers will run at least 1 set of 3 “laps” to get their Dial-in.
4. Drivers will exit game and decal their chosen Dial-in on both side windows so that other drivers can see and record that Dial-in. PLEASE FORMAT AS: 7.52 ET = 0752
5. Drivers will sign back in to the same race day profile to begin the run-offs.
6. All drivers will participate in chosen & agreed upon rounds of competition. Record all runs and times.
7. When competition (race day) has ended, each driver should do the math (shown below) to determine the winner of that Pro Comp event.
8. It might be best to record entire series to VCR or digital pic to review competitors’ times.
9. If you total your car you are out, no markers, no repair.

How to score:
Your actual run minus your dial-in
Red light equals 3/4 of your dial-in
Breakouts equal 1/2 of your dial-in plus under run.