PDA

View Full Version : 3 quick pics with new camera

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 01:25 PM
well here are 3 quck pics with the camera just how it comes outa the box, didnt adjust or mess with anything. also these were not edited just re-sized.

kitty cat
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0011.jpg

freshly installed chin spoiler on dirty/muddy MM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0013.jpg

and since i dont have a duck i will givre you a turkey

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0015.jpg

Blk Mamba
04-13-2008, 01:33 PM
You keep a turkey in your yard?

oldekid
04-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Cool! Glad to see some results. Now take it out of Auto mode, set it to program mode (for now), set the ISO to 80, and the exposure compensation to around -1/3 or -2/3, and shoot some more outdoor shots. :banana:

Actually, just shoot for a while in Auto, until you are comfortable with everything. But, don't forget what I said above, because the sooner you can learn to shoot out of the fully automatic mode, the better your shots will (or I should say can) become.

jdando
04-13-2008, 02:32 PM
:banana:

Enjoy it! Shoot everything in sight, memory is cheap.

burt ragio
04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Your chin spoiler look good nice install. Where did you get it ?

UncleLar
04-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Jeez,I saw TWO chin spoilers,the first one was PINK!
I like the way the color came out on the car,it looks sort of pearl like.

ChiTownMaraud3r
04-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I thought you had a custom cowl hood, what happened? :dunno:

offroadkarter
04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
I thought you had a custom cowl hood, what happened? :dunno:

Sold it to chris along with the S55's

Is that cat giving me the tongue? :mad2:

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 05:11 PM
hood was sold to ctrlraven, along with my s55's. just havent gotten around to redoing the tail lights i have now.

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 05:14 PM
oldekid can you explain the ISO? i figured out how to change it but what does it do?

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Tony, yes i have a pet turkey. it is actually a pretty cool pet. low maintainence and cheap to feed. and she is very friendly.

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 05:18 PM
i got the chin spoiler from a fellow member but i belive Wes can get them

oldekid
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
oldekid can you explain the ISO? i figured out how to change it but what does it do?ISO is simply a national standard, that refers to the equivalent of film speed or what used to be called ASA. In a digital camera, it is very similar to turning up the volume of the sensor. Low settings will result in much clearer pictures than higher settings will, but normally require more light. Usually anything above ISO 200 will result in your pictures starting to show "noise", or a grainy effect. Therefore, these cameras will work better for you in good light situations, and not so well in low light. You'll want to use the flash for most indoor shots.

I don't want to get you too confused with all of this at first. You will learn more every time you use it. Just remember that there is a function in your menu to return all of your settings back to normal, if you should get yourself into trouble by playing around.

Get used to the camera controls, the zoom, and just the basics first. Have fun, and like jdando said, shoot away, your only limitation is your memory card, and your battery supply.

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 07:03 PM
cool, i thank you for trying to show me the ways of the camera. if the weather is nice tom i will wash the mm and play around with it some more.

crouse
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Have fun with your new toy.

One thing I always stress to everyone is to back-up your digital pictures to some form of media such as a CD or DVD's or an external hard drive. If the hard drive on your computer crashes or someone breaks into your home and steals your computer, every digital image is gone. So if you have some form of back-up, you can recover these lost images.

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
i have an external drive i back my stuff up with time to time

CRUZTAKER
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Cool! Glad to see some results. Now take it out of Auto mode, set it to program mode (for now), set the ISO to 80, and the exposure compensation to around -1/3 or -2/3, and shoot some more outdoor shots. :banana:

Actually, just shoot for a while in Auto, until you are comfortable with everything. But, don't forget what I said above, because the sooner you can learn to shoot out of the fully automatic mode, the better your shots will (or I should say can) become.

Ditto...AUTO has no clue what YOU see and want capture.
Read your book or get another book on basic photography to understand user settings.

Those capture lack contrast. Too hot...ie. too much white.
As far as dropping ISO to 80, I doubt this camera goes that low.

The sad part is that the file indicates that it was modified 4-13-2008 with Adobe Photoshop CS3.

The software is worth more than the camera.

Sorry.

oldekid
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
As far as dropping ISO to 80, I doubt this camera goes that low.Oh, but it does. :)

ISO is adjusted by pressing the ISO button. Available settings are 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, Auto and High ISO Auto. You can select the desired value by repeatedly depressing the button or by using the 4-way controller.

CRUZTAKER
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh, but it does. :)

ISO is adjusted by pressing the ISO button. Available settings are 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, Auto and High ISO Auto. You can select the desired value by repeatedly depressing the button or by using the 4-way controller.

So spill it...what is he shooting with?

I would know already but the file was overwritten with Photoshop. :down:

oldekid
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
So spill it...what is he shooting with?

I would know already but the file was overwritten with Photoshop. :down:According to what I understand, the pics were shot with his recently purchased Canon S5IS.

CRUZTAKER
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
According to what I understand, the pics were shot with his recently purchased Canon S5IS.

Oh yeah...I read that.

ISO 80-1600 settings as described in my latest issue of Pop-Photog.

I sure could use an 80 setting on those sunny days.
The 1600 on this unit yields a lot of unacceptable noise.
This is a good camera for sunny days.
Major plus on ability to shoot video.
Not too shabby for > $400.

The word I was looking for in my former post was "oversaturated".

Definately needs to be used in Program auto or manual to capture acceptable images for reproduction.

I guess I will pass on the ISO 80 to shoot low light with Llittle noise at 6400. ;)

ImpalaSlayer
04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
pay for softwear? i dont understand :P

oldekid
04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
pay for softwear? i dont understand :PSo, you're both a Marauder and a Pirate? :beer:

ImpalaSlayer
04-14-2008, 10:19 AM
arrrrrrrrrrrrggg