PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Racerx88 for an evening at Chucks!

rumble
08-16-2003, 07:39 PM
A big Texas Thank you to Racerx88 for putting together 6 Marauders at Chuck's Hamburgers tonight in Frisco. Cruzer said
(and he must be recognized as an authority) that it's the most we have gotten together so far here in Dallas
Thanks again!

Johnman
08-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes, thanks Racerx88. I enjoyed meeting everybody, and it was great to see all those Marauders together. I've never seen that many Marauders together in one place, not even on a dealer's lot! Can't wait until Sept 19!

2003 MIB
08-17-2003, 09:03 AM
It was really cool!! I'll hang out with y'all again anytime. Fun folks and great cars. We need to do that more often...

jgc61sr2002
08-17-2003, 10:22 AM
rumble - Who is the guy with the Pontiac logo on his shirt?

Bigdogjim
08-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Thats neat parked with hoos up. Looks like you got a crowd.
Always good to put a face with screen name.

Racerx88
08-18-2003, 06:02 AM
Your welcome everybody. It was good to meet all you guys face to face. for a change. We also got to see Logan's alternative spoiler install!

Racerx88
08-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
rumble - Who is the guy with the Pontiac logo on his shirt?

I think that was just someone looking at the car.

rumble
08-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey jgc61sr2002,
Beats me who the guy is, maybe its John DeLorean. He was with Pontiac for a while.

2003 MIB
08-18-2003, 02:30 PM
There were a lot of folks stopping and looking (seems like most of them knew Dean). It was weird that I couldn't vote for my favorite (that white Vashing Point Mopar- sweet but not registered). I'm glad we had the hoods up. One kid asked if it was a Hemi (I guess it's the valve covers). What happened to Maury's pics?

Racerx88
08-18-2003, 02:54 PM
I think Maury said his computer was down or something, and that he'd have his pics up as soon as he could.

The reason a lot of the attendees knew me was that I was director of the host club (Lone Star Performance Buick) for almost 8 years. I'm still into Buicks (Grand Nationals and GS's), just don't have one right now.

2003 MIB
08-18-2003, 03:22 PM
I didn't know that!!! I've coveted the GNX forever (well at least since 1987).

cruzer
08-18-2003, 07:48 PM
What a day!!--6 Marauders and a bunch of great people. It is good to be able to put faces with names now--I had aVERY busy day yesterday and today--will try to have the pictures on site tomorrow nite--yes, the "Logan Spoiler" picture is loud and clear. There will be another get - together at "Chucks" in Grapevine next Saturday--located at the "Target" mall on the North side of Hwy 114 and Hwy 26 (Grapevine Highway) Same times and sponsored by the SVT Club--good turnout last month. I'll be there and would enjoy some company. You know, our meeting was like having a family picnic--just a bunch of interesting people having fun being together. These shows seem to be very low key and everybody does their own thing---nothing like the wild "cruises" I remember. I really enjoyed myself and hope you did to....THANKS racer88

2003 MIB
08-18-2003, 08:48 PM
It's good to hear from you, Cruzer. I too was impressed by the picnic atmosphere and glad Dean talked me into going. I wasn't sure what to expect. I haven't been to a car gathering since the early 80's and that was my twisted street racing phase. I remember feeling most at home Saturday night when the Oklahoma-plated geek in the Camaro decided a crowded parking lot (with kids) was an appropriate place to impress us all with his tire barking (yawn). It was a nice gathering and very mellow. I can't make Saturday night (Coli's sister is having a B-Day party) but hope to see you all again real soon. Stay hydrated Maury!!! Water is your friend during the Texas summertime!!
-Dan:)

rumble
08-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Sorry, I won't be able to make next saturday night, hope to
see everyone in Ennis!