PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cigarette lighter socket/wiring connector

GeoffK
04-16-2008, 03:58 PM
If anyone has a cigarette lighter socket & wiring harness connector for a Mercury Marauder please let me know. I want to add a second socket to the side of my gauge pod so I can plug in my radar detector and GPS at the same time.

Thanks,
Geoff

arejayesss
04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
You are aware that there is a second receptacle in the center console right? Do you need three? Or do you prefer the placement by the gauge pod?

Rocknthehawk
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
you can also buy an adapter at most parts stores that plugs in and has two or more plugs on it.

GeoffK
04-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I just don't like to "squish" the cord underneath the arm rest. I also know about the adapters. I was just hoping someone who added a third gauge to their pod might have an extra socket that they don't want anymore. I was going to use a generic socket but it does not have the trim ring and would look out of place in my gauge pod. Ford in their wisdom also uses a unique connector that only the socket will fit instead of a spade plug for some reason.

RoyLPita
04-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I believe the "pigtail" plug is available at your local Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealer.

fastblackmerc
04-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I believe the "pigtail" plug is available at your local Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealer.

Or junk yard... Grand Marquis...

Spectragod
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I have one, with the pigtail.

SG