PDA

View Full Version : Lemay auto museum

de minimus
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Has anyone been to the Lemay auto museum in Tacoma. I'm thinking perhaps next weekend taking a peek. Worth the 3hr + drive?

teamrope
04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I have not been to the museum, but I have seen a number of cars from the collection at different events like the State Fair and car shows. I think it would be.

Blue03
04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
I saw the collection a couple years back with a friend. Went between Christmas and New Year and pretty much had the run of the place almost by ourselves with our docent. It was a bit rustic in a down on the farm sort of way but I enjoyed it a lot. There were quite a few real good ones (a Blue Tucker) and I took a bunch of pics... can't find them at the moment or I'd attach a few. I'd like to do it again if we had a group going and could match up schedule wise!:)

de minimus
04-18-2008, 07:53 AM
An excellent idea...I'm thinking next Saturday, the 26th if anyone else is interested.

Blue03
04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I could probably tag along on the mid day (26th) side. That is... if the weather allows! Hey It snowed all Friday afternoon and by 11pm last night I had 8" on my deck... What a crazy year!

Hadamustang1
04-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I would love to see that collection but I have other plan as well. Going to a beer tasting in bellingham. All money going to a good cause..

http://www.maxhigbee.org/aprilbrewsday.html