PDA

View Full Version : T bolt drag racing

Pops
04-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Well we went to the track today and the best it did was 13.88 at 97 MPH. We have a number of issues with the motor such as carbs and timing. Hack will put up pictures when he gets home. It was fun trying to figure out launch tire pressure and RPM as it did like to spin the tires.:burnout: It will to be dynoed before the next trip.

SC Cheesehead
04-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Well we went to the track today and the best it did was 13.88 at 97 MPH. We have a number of issues with the motor such as carbs and timing. Hack will put up pictures when he gets home. It was fun trying to figure out launch tire pressure and RPM as it did like to spin the tires.:burnout: It will to be dynoed before the next trip.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Love the comment about carbs and timing, ah for the good old days, huh? ;)

SCCH

03blackvegas
04-19-2008, 03:08 PM
"Get'er Done".

jdando
04-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Looking forward to seeing pictures! Glad you got her out!

Pops
04-21-2008, 05:50 AM
We raced the car and the only thing we messed with was tire pressure. The runs are all thru the mufflers. It was very lazy and acted like it needed more timing or was not getting fuel. Learning how to launch the car was a lot of fun . We tried changing tire pressure and rpm and that cut 4 tenths off the 60 foot mark. Its been 20 years since I had a 4 speed car and I forgot how much is going on at the starting line! Its tough getting the RPMS up and staging the car plus trying to cut a ggod light. We all had a lot of fun and i thankk the ones who were their to help. Paul you are the best as you drove three and a half hours one way to take pictures.

martyo
04-21-2008, 05:58 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that you were still the coolest car there, regardless of timeslips!

I want to see the pictures too!!

I am willing to bet Jeff (Shankin here) would be willing to help ya get the car set up (too bad you are out in MI and he is in GA!!).

Keep us posted!!!!!!!

Pops
04-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks Marty! It will go out for a tune next week. The car did get a lot of attention and that was fun. Moderators could you merge this thread with the one in Michigan please?

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2008, 06:48 AM
We raced the car and the only thing we messed with was tire pressure. The runs are all thru the mufflers. It was very lazy and acted like it needed more timing or was not getting fuel. Learning how to launch the car was a lot of fun . We tried changing tire pressure and rpm and that cut 4 tenths off the 60 foot mark. Its been 20 years since I had a 4 speed car and I forgot how much is going on at the starting line! Its tough getting the RPMS up and staging the car plus trying to cut a ggod light. We all had a lot of fun and i thankk the ones who were their to help. Paul you are the best as you drove three and a half hours one way to take pictures.

+1! Up until MVIV, I hadn't drag raced a car in 25+ years, and that was my '65 GTO with a 4 speed.

My first run at Gainsville, I thought the same thing as I was heading down the track in the MM, "how did I used to do this, staging, holding the revs, cutting a light, watching the tach, and power shifting a four speed?":D

SCCH

martyo
04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks Marty! It will go out for a tune next week. The car did get a lot of attention and that was fun. Moderators could you merge this thread with the one in Michigan please?

John:

If you will pick us up at the airport, I will fly Jeff (shankin) and I out there -- Jeff will bring his tools and shifting skills and he will have that car in the 10's!!!

Keep posting pictures!!!!! You are officially the person I am most jealous of on this site!!!!!!!

Pops
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Marty I would do that for you anytime you want to come to Michigan. Thanks for your support of this car, I think it is pretty hard to get in front of you. You have some great cars that draw my interest also!

martyo
04-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Marty I would do that for you anytime you want to come to Michigan. Thanks for your support of this car, I think it is pretty hard to get in front of you. You have some great cars that draw my interest also!

John: Trust me, our car has been the topic of many a discussion here. Jeff and I were just saying, how cool it would be to line your car up against the ol' Novas!!!! :D

Keep at it! This is the fun stuff that makes everything else worthwhile.

Pops
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Once I get this thing sorted out I am headed out east to race with the RAM group and the NSS guys. More on this later. We may be able to line them up! The other chance may be at SSHS as I may still have a shaved door handle rule problem. If I do not fix that they will not let me run. I may bring the T Bolt and do run all day just for fun.

martyo
04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Once I get this thing sorted out I am headed out east to race with the RAM group and the NSS guys. More on this later. We may be able to line them up! The other chance may be at SSHS as I may still have a shaved door handle rule problem. If I do not fix that they will not let me run. I may bring the T Bolt and do run all day just for fun.

John:

If you come to SSHS with the 'bolt, I guarantee you some match races and a great time, plus all the help you will ever need getting that car dialed in!

Hack Goby
04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Marty,The video`s up over in the Michigan forum along with a few more pictures.

Pops
04-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Marty that sounds like something we need to put together. It would be fun to have a Nostaglia Super Sotck show on there. That would fit in with the American Muscle theme!

GreekGod
04-21-2008, 09:28 AM
John, is that a Ford 4 speed, or a (soon to grenade) Borg Warner?

Pops
04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Its a Top Loader Dale.