PDA

View Full Version : New Daily Driver

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Got my "new" daily driver this afternoon.

'97 SHO Taurus, silver with gray interior. Will post some pics in a couple days after E-Dubb details it.

SCCH

sd8683
04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Got my "new" daily driver this afternoon.

'97 SHO Taurus, silver with gray interior. Will post some pics in a couple days after E-Dubb details it.

SCCH

Do they still have the yamaha motors in em

2,4shofast
04-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes they have a Yamaha 3.4L V-8.

SCCH very good find, do you know if the cams have been welded already? I dont know if you know a lot about the SHO's or not but check out www.v8sho.com (http://www.v8sho.com) for information about pretty much anything on the SHO's or send me a PM...I have a ton of parts for sell as well;)

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes they have a Yamaha 3.4L V-8.

SCCH very good find, do you know if the cams have been welded already? I dont know if you know a lot about the SHO's or not but check out www.v8sho.com (http://www.v8sho.com) for information about pretty much anything on the SHO's or send me a PM...I have a ton of parts for sell as well;)

Thanks,

Nope, cams not welded yet, that's #1 on the list. Car is a one-owner (I know the guy), has 125K on the clock, but has been well maintained and not beaten.

I've been in communication with a guy down near Atlanta that's supposed to be a good resource for SHOs, including cam welding, and I'm going to have him go over the car and take care of a few odds and ends on it.

I'll keep you in mind on the parts.:up:

SCCH

2,4shofast
04-20-2008, 08:07 PM
If your talking about the crew from FPS, they do awesome work and have always taken care of me. Good luck with the SHO, just hit me up when you want a list of parts :cool:

SC Cheesehead
04-21-2008, 05:37 AM
If your talking about the crew from FPS, they do awesome work and have always taken care of me. Good luck with the SHO, just hit me up when you want a list of parts :cool:

Thanks for the reference. Do you hang out on any of the SHO forums?

SCCH

2,4shofast
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Yea I still visit from time to time, I dont post as much since I totalled my 97...

MarauderKnights
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Do you have any recommendations for a good shop for Header and exhust intelation in the Charleston Sc area or even in S.C.?

2,4shofast
05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I dont know of any headers available for the V-8 SHO that arent a one off hand made piece and the gains werent worth the cost. Any good muffler shop can make you a cat-back exhaust, most V-8 owners also delete the 3rd Cat. I have some pictures of my exhaust that was made for my SHO in my cardomain link in my signature that you can check out. It was made for about $500 from what I remember but it was done in 02 so the price are probably going to be a little more. PM me if you have anymore questions or need some parts:cool:

Peter
05-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Enjoy; seems you got a great find. :)