PDA

View Full Version : New from NJ

2000_cvp71
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey gang,
I am a member from crownvic.net. I have been there since 2004. I used to own a 2000 CV P71 and now own an 89 CVLX. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>I am looking to buy a Marauder by the end of the summer. I recently found one for sale with 73,000 miles with an asking price of $12,999. I was thinking of offering $11,500 out the door for it. <o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>How is the price for those miles? <o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>What type of problems do high mile Marauders have? Will it still feel the same at 150,000 miles? <o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>Will it still feel like a car with 30,000 miles? <o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>Should I stick with my original plan and wait a few months to buy when I can afford a lower mileage car? <o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black>I want a car that I will keep for a long time to come.<o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Thanks for reading

2000_cvp71
04-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I am looking to buy a Marauder by the end of the summer. I recently found one for sale with 73,000 miles with an asking price of $12,999. I was thinking of offering $11,500 out the door for it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
How is the price for those miles? <o:p></o:p>
What type of problems do high mile Marauders have? Will it still feel the same at 150,000 miles? <o:p></o:p>
Will it still feel like a car with 30,000 miles? <o:p></o:p>
Should I stick with my original plan and wait a few months to buy when I can afford a lower mileage car? <o:p></o:p>
I want a car that I will keep for a long time to come.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Bigdogjim
04-20-2008, 08:01 PM
If not driven hard should be OK!
Nothing that money can't fix:)

2000_cvp71
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Nothing that money can't fix:)

That is true.
I am just trying to figure if it would be more cost effective to buy a low mileage car (under 40,000) or buy this one with 73,000 miles at a "lower" price.

Bigdogjim
04-21-2008, 05:53 AM
With gas prices they way they are you will be able to find a low mileage marauder for a fair price.

I am already seeing SUV's parked with for sale sign's on them on the side of the road.

28HopUp
04-21-2008, 06:30 AM
To the OP, welcome to the site, and greetings from your neighbor in Delaware. I wouldn't be as concerned about the mileage, as long as the overall condition of the car is good and it is the car you want. Don't let the low price bait you into buying a car that doesn't meet your wants/needs ("gee, I really wished I found one in silver" - type of thing).

Regarding what Bigdogjim said about SUV's, that so true. My sister-in-law just traded her Dodge Durango on TWO Mercury Milans (his & hers). They were spending $500/month on gas for the Durango, so the gas savings allowed them to buy a 2nd car. How 'bout that - high gas prices spurring the economy. :rolleyes:

To the OP, good luck to you!

2000_cvp71
04-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the reply and the welcome.

tmic
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm in central NJ and have a 2003 with 38,000 on it. I may be reluctantly selling it due to future commuting distance. If you are interested please email me tkmic@msn.com