PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1 widened rear rim.

Embassy
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I need one widened rear wheel, widened to 9-1/2".

Please PM me with info and offers.

Thanks.

TooManyFords
04-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Did you break one already ?!?

Embassy
04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Gravel is not my friend.

I'm also interested in a like-new OEM rear wheel.

PM me with info and offers.

Thanks.

HwyCruiser
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Ouch.

Did the differential lock up in a turn and take you for a spin? I imagine with the TruTrac it could happen quite easily on gravel. Sorry to hear it.

Go see www.WeldcraftWheels.com when you get ready to widen another one.

CRUZTAKER
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Gravel is not my friend.

I bet you didn't treat your P71 that way....shame on you. :nono:

Embassy
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Ouch.

Did the differential lock up in a turn and take you for a spin? I imagine with the TruTrac it could happen quite easily on gravel. Sorry to hear it.

Go see www.WeldcraftWheels.com (http://www.WeldcraftWheels.com) when you get ready to widen another one.

That's exactly what happened. Didn't even get on it hard, just pulling out but hit something, sand/grave/etc and went for a nice spin..........into the curb. :burnout:

I remember you warning me that the Tru Trac can lock up and you're going for a ride in whatever direction the front wheels happen to be pointing.

I did some searching of your old posts and found the one where you mentioned Weldcraft doing the work.

I scored an OEM wheel one from www.car-part.com (http://www.car-part.com) and it will be shipped directly to Weldcraft. Do you recall how much the widening cost?

Once I get the wheel, I'll have the tire swapped, have the misc components inspected for damage, and then have everything aligned to Carfixer's specs as you did.

I bet you didn't treat your P71 that way....shame on you. :nono:

Well, the '98 never had enough power to put me in such a predicament. :cool:

Raudermaster
04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh noes, you got one from Car Part? It has been said they are knock-off's (not really) but they're not forged aluminum, and they may be difficult to widen.

Embassy
04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh noes, you got one from Car Part? It has been said they are knock-off's (not really) but they're not forged aluminum, and they may be difficult to widen.

This one is off a wrecked Marauder. If it was a knock off, I would not buy it.

Thanks for head's up. ;)

HwyCruiser
04-23-2008, 09:45 PM
IIRC the widening ran about $225/wheel with ship back charges. That was a couple of years ago though. Call/email James over there for a quote. They turned mine around pretty quick.

And yeah, the TruTrac doesn't give any warning in a turn. Put much torque to it at all in a turn and it'll lock right up because it of the tires rotating a different speeds. Great for straight line acceleration but it'll take you to school on how to steer out of a spin. Off the gas and hand over hand in the opposite direction and she'll straighten out given enough room. If your brave enough you can learn to do some pretty cool power slides. Nevermind, I didn't say that. ;)

#4#
04-24-2008, 06:06 PM
he doesn't need to be doing any powerslides!;)

and he's more than welcome to take mine for a spin at autocross if he feels the need for a powerslide :banana2:

L8R
Josh