PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Stock Tune file CRD1?

Paul
04-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Anyone have the stock tune file for a CRD1 code they could email to me? I bought my car with a custom dyno tune flashed into the PCM, so the stock tune file is long gone. I will soon install a Novi 1200SL SC kit from Dennis and bought an Xcal2 from him to install the custom tune he provides with the kit.

I remember reading here somewhere that when installing a SC you needed to have a stock tune in your car - I think that was with a Trilogy. I don't know if this also applies to a kit from Dennis, but it would be nice to have the stock file available just in case. I suppose I could go to the dealer and have them flash it, but then the dyno tune in the PCM now would be lost forever. I hate to part with stuff, if only to have it for reference someday when I become more knowledgeable.

Zack
04-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Give me your email.

FordNut
04-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Not sure why you would have to go back to a stock tune. I thought the xcal would pull whatever tune is on the car into memory and replace it with the new tune. Then if you swap back, you would have the present tune back in the PCM.

Paul
04-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Give me your email.

PM sent. Thanks Zack!

Paul
04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Not sure why you would have to go back to a stock tune. I thought the xcal would pull whatever tune is on the car into memory and replace it with the new tune. Then if you swap back, you would have the present tune back in the PCM.

I hope you are correct. But I'm sure I've seen a post saying it was needed. Either way, better to have and not need then need and not have. Boy Scout's motto is be prepared, isn't it? :cool: