PDA

View Full Version : Low-Mileage Silver Birch, Chicago

Cordoba1
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
PICTURES HERE: http://www.functionbox.org/mercurymarauder/

Hi guys: I may be selling my Silver Birch. I'll need to get what I owe on it, but based on the low mileage, and nearly-new condition, I think my asking price is about right....

Silver Birch Metallic w/ Light flint interior. The body is in perfect condition and the only flaw is a little bit of curb rash on the wheels. At present, the mileage is about 12,600. This is the Marauder, that you may recall, was for sale last year in Florida, and had the mis-matched-re-painted rear door. The first owner, an older guy in the Florida Keys, had hit the door on his garage. It was fixed, but the body-shop repaired it on the cheap by only painting the door, and not blending the paint with the rest of the car. I had the entire side of the car repainted -- and a factory spoiler painted and installed at the same time by a very reputable shop here in Chicago. Receipts to prove.

Modifications are light: Ford 4.10 rear gears, a DR tune, and resonator-delete tips, all installed by Reinhart Automotive at his shop just this last January. (Receipts to prove). Trunk-organizer, SS-Inserts, Martyo Fender-Badges and chin-spoiler.

The car is tight, clean, shiny, rattle-free, and the sub woofer doesn't rattle! Carpets and light-flint interior are pretty much perfect. Seats look new. No scratches around cup-holders or power-window switches.

300B, but no heated seats, no sunroof. (Has traction control).
Has CD changer.
Under the hood: Unmodified and very clean. Engine does not "tick" like my 300A did.

Price is what I owe: 19,000.

Let me know if you're interested.

Sincerely,
Adam

PM me if interested.
I will polish and wax it this weekend, and post pictures.
I'm in Chicago -- if you want another member to vouch for it's condition (UncleLar, Motorhead350, Zack, etc), I'll gladly drive it to them to provide an expert opinion. I'm also happy to drive it to you, if you are in Chicagoland. I live close to Wrigely Field. Car is garaged

PICTURES: http://www.functionbox.org/mercurymarauder/

UncleLar
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Darn Adam,I sure hate to see you sell it.:bigcry:Please,just tell me it ain't to get married or some darn fool thing like that!:eek:
I can vouch for it,it's in better cosmetic condition than mine and sure sounds good,again even better than mine,it has a slightly deeper tone and a nice burble without being loud and obnoxious.:up:

Cordoba1
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh no -- Nothing like that... There's a car that I was going after just before I bought this Marauder that has suddenly re-emerged on the market.

Thanks for the compliment, and the "vouch". I'll take and post pictures over the weekend.

Cordoba1
05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
As promised -- A coat of wax -- and PICTURES: http://www.functionbox.org/mercurymarauder/

offroadkarter
05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
What a beautiful car, sorry to see it for sale though :(

So tell us, what is this "car" your after?

Mest30
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow, that SB is beautiful. Makes me wish I would have shopped around for a while looking for a silver.

Cordoba1
05-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the compliment. Those pictures were right after a coat of Meguire's. The only issue with the car is the foggy headlight - I hope to repair or replace soon. The car is still for sale, and I'll probably have to take a loss on it as I'm a little bit upside down, based on current market conditions.