PDA

View Full Version : Sway bars

Jolly Roger
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Going to replace factory sway bars with Addco bars but I can only replace one at a time. Which should I replace first Front or rear?:o

BUCKWHEAT
05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Going to replace factory sway bars with Addco bars but I can only replace one at a time. Which should I replace first Front or rear?:o

I did the rear, & never got around to the front.

Green96
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Replacing the fronts first will result in more understeer (tries to keep going straight when you turn hard into a corner). Replacing the rears first will result in more oversteer (since our cars understeer from the factory it will make it closer to neutral). I have not done either so I cannot say anything from experience, but rears only may be a more desirable setup anyway.

freakstatus
05-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I would think the front bars do more work due to steering and changing lanes at high speed.

Dennis Reinhart
05-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I would do rear first and its on sale

RF Overlord
05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
^^^what Dennis and Green96 said^^^

FordNut
05-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I disagree. Do the front first. If you do the rear first, the steering will be extremely twitchy (too quick).

RF Overlord
05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
That's odd...I have the rear-only sway bar upgrades on both The Blackbird and Phoebe and I don't have twitchy steering...could it be because both cars have the Z&M control arms, too?

FordNut
05-02-2008, 04:29 PM
That's odd...I have the rear-only sway bar upgrades on both The Blackbird and Phoebe and I don't have twitchy steering...could it be because both cars have the Z&M control arms, too?

I've got those too.

If you upgrade your front sway bars, you'll see what I mean.

I did my rear first because it was easy to do myself. Then I had the front done at Team Ford. So I drove a few weeks between the changes and that's what it felt like to me. Changing the front really stabilized things.

The reason I didn't do the front myself is I didn't have an air wrench at the time. The captive nuts in the frame will round off in the mounting holes if you try to remove the bolts with hand tools.

Jolly Roger
05-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Has anyone using the T/A or Motorsport rear end Girdle and rear sway bar had any clearance problems with the two?

Marauderman
05-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Has anyone using the T/A or Motorsport rear end Girdle and rear sway bar had any clearance problems with the two?

The rears first and no to your question.

Jolly Roger
05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks to all for your input.:)

fastblackmerc
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM

Rear first, no problems with a "no-name" rear end girdle.

DOOM
05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I did my rear first, maybe get to the front in july or august

RF Overlord
05-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Has anyone using the T/A or Motorsport rear end Girdle and rear sway bar had any clearance problems with the two?I have one of each and no clearance problems.

BTW, the Ford Racing unit is actually made for them by T/A.

ctrlraven
05-06-2008, 06:11 AM
I did the front, rear and Zack's CAs all at the same time lol so only thing I noticed how I don't want to say lame but it was really boring and soft, handles magically now.