PDA

View Full Version : All Ford Car Show

crouse
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
The 25th Annual All Ford Car Show & Swap Meet will be held on Sunday June 1st at Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley, MN.

The show runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Show admission is $2 per person and children under 12 are admitted for free. To show your car, the admission fee is $6 if you pre-register and pay before May 24th or $10 on the day of the show.

I'd like to get as many Marauders pre-registered as possible, this way we can get better parking if they know how many of us to expect. Please post here if you plan to attend. I've posted links to the registration form & info.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/av_ford_car_show_pg1.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/6/8/3/av_ford_car_show_pg2.jpg

You can also enter for a chance to win a 1966 Mustang Convertible along with dozens of other great prizes. Awards this year are 1st, 2nd and 3rd in every class.

If you plan to show your Marauder, please mark either class 900 for stock and class 2700 for modified on the registration form and add Member of Twin Cities Marauders. There are prizes for most club cars at the show.

Again this year, we are planning to have a get together after the show at my house in Rosemount for burgers, brats & beverages. Everyone is welcome so bring the wife and kids. I'll have maps & directions to my house on the day of the show.

Please let me know if you can make it to the car show and if you plan on coming to my house after the show so we know how many to expect.

We had a great turnout last year with 7 Marauders even though the weather was less than desirable.

Thanks,
Curt

mike_K429
05-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Good Morning Curt,
Thanks for the reminder! I'm planning on attending the car show, possibly rolling both the MM and the Torino (if its ready). A freind of mine will also attend with his kit Cobra. Check us as tentative for the gathering afterwards, we'll be 5 or less, depending on whether or not my bride decides to attend or go shopping...

It was great meeting all of you at the show last year!

I'm also planning on attending the Hot Rod power tour in Rochester.

mike

TooManyFords
05-07-2008, 04:58 AM
I will certainly try to make it Curt!

Sending in the pre-registration today.

John

crouse
05-07-2008, 05:17 AM
I will certainly try to make it Curt!

Sending in the pre-registration today.

John

John, you are more than welcome to stay at my house Saturday night.

The big Midwest Mopars show is Saturday May 31st & Sunday June 1st at the Dakota County Fairgrounds in Farmington. (about 5 miles from my house) Maybe we could hit that Saturday afternoon then maybe a cruise to Porky's?

http://www.midwestmopars.com/

Thanks,
Curt

crouse
05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Good Morning Curt,
Thanks for the reminder! I'm planning on attending the car show, possibly rolling both the MM and the Torino (if its ready). A freind of mine will also attend with his kit Cobra. Check us as tentative for the gathering afterwards, we'll be 5 or less, depending on whether or not my bride decides to attend or go shopping...

It was great meeting all of you at the show last year!

I'm also planning on attending the Hot Rod power tour in Rochester.

mike

Hi Mike, Thanks for the response. Glad you can make it. Curt

captain
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
I'm in. Any way to go to both shows? Maybe Burnsville first for an hour then to your house, then a trip to Farmington?
Wont be showing the Merc. But since its my only car I will drive it.

TooManyFords
05-07-2008, 07:17 AM
I won't be taking my car to the Farmington show. That's a Mopar show and I won't risk someong being pissed a Ford showed up. Besides, we'd have to park with all the spectators. No, I'll go but I'm riding with someone else.

Don't get me wrong. I respect the fact that it is an "All Mopar" show and want to see the cool cars.

Cheers

crouse
05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
My thought at the Mopar show was to be a spectator only. I'll drive to that show. We'll leave your Marauder in my garage.

jdando
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I am planning on being there. I might bring old tires :D

crouse
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Does that mean we can expect a burnout or three?

crouse
05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm in. Any way to go to both shows? Maybe Burnsville first for an hour then to your house, then a trip to Farmington?
Wont be showing the Merc. But since its my only car I will drive it.

Hi Ken,

The Ford show runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, so those of us that are showing will most likely be at the show for most of the day. I'm going to the Mopar show in Farmington on Saturday sometime, so if anyone else wants to go, we could either meet at my house then cruise down together or just meet there.

Curt

MMinMN
05-08-2008, 05:17 AM
I will be there. My brother will be with me in his Maverick Grabber. Are we meeting somwhere before hand? I will send in my pre-registration.

My tires are ready to retire too.....

Jason

captain
05-08-2008, 06:03 AM
OK I think I understand...
Farmington + Mopar = Saturday
Burnsville + Ford = Sunday
I must choose.
Sunday it is.

crouse
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I will be there. My brother will be with me in his Maverick Grabber. Are we meeting somwhere before hand? I will send in my pre-registration.

My tires are ready to retire too.....

Jason

Hi Jason,

I think we'll just meet at the show. They will have designated parking places for each class. The show starts at 9:00 am and gates open at 8:00 am, so maybe plan on being at Apple Valley Ford around 8:30 am?

Glad you can make it.

Thanks,
Curt

crouse
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
OK I think I understand...
Farmington + Mopar = Saturday
Burnsville + Ford = Sunday
I must choose.
Sunday it is.

Hi Ken,

Apple Valley Ford is located about one block east of Cedar Ave (Highway 77) on County Road 42 (150th Street) in Apple Valley.

7200 W. 150th St. Apple Valley, MN. 55124

Curt

jdando
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Curt;

Should we meet at the Target a couple of blocks away and then caravan in together? Or is that weak?

jeremy

crouse
05-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I think we'll just meet at the show. They will have designated parking places for each class. The show starts at 9:00 am and gates open at 8:00 am, so maybe plan on being at Apple Valley Ford around 8:30 am?

crouse
05-08-2008, 11:16 AM
My goal this year is to have as many Marauders as possible participate in the car show no matter what condition your car is in. My Marauder is a daily driver and is no where near show quality. But I don’t care because I want to make people aware of our cars to gain interest in them. How many times has someone asked you where you got those wheels or who installed those tail pipes? So if anyone is thinking about not showing your Marauder because you think it’s not in show quality condition, don’t worry because Jeremy will be there with a bottle of spray wax just in case you missed a spot. The idea is to get together with other Marauder owners and have fun.

Thanks,
Curt

MMinMN
05-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Sounds good Curt. I will get there around 8:30.

Thanks for taking the chief role in all this!

my_rodder
05-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I think we are coming. I am sending in papers on both the MM and the mustang. both with (TCMM) on them. Tring to get a couple SVT's to come as well. I will have them add twin city MM if you'd like. SO are you saying that I should still bring the MM even if I dont get my cracked windshield fixed:(?

crouse
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I think we are coming. I am sending in papers on both the MM and the mustang. both with (TCMM) on them. Tring to get a couple SVT's to come as well. I will have them add twin city MM if you'd like. SO are you saying that I should still bring the MM even if I dont get my cracked windshield fixed:(?

I don't think Jeremy can fix the cracked windshield. Maybe you can put your show registration card over the crack?

crouse
05-22-2008, 10:39 AM
The All Ford Car Show is about 10 days away.

If you would like to pre-register and haven't already done so, your registration must be received by Saturday May 24th. See attached registration form on post #1. Otherwise you can pay on the day of the show.

I spoke with Dan Mattila and he suggested we try and arrive as a group so they can park us together. Let's meet at the Target parking lot at the southeast corner of Cedar Avenue & County Road 42 at around 8:30 am.

Thanks,
Curt

my_rodder
05-22-2008, 12:57 PM
My car goes in to get new glass Friday. ;) Hope that we can come the night before so we dont have to get up so early. We have to leave after the show, so count us out on the party. See ya then, Liz

crouse
05-22-2008, 02:39 PM
;) Hope that we can come the night before so we dont have to get up so early. We have to leave after the show, so count us out on the party. See ya then, Liz

Glad you can make. It's going to be a great event.

There is an AmericInn on County Road 42 in Apple Valley very close to Apple Valley Ford. I think TooManyFords (John) stayed there last year.

There is also a big Mopar show the same weekend so some of us are going to see that show and then maybe a cruise to Porky's on University Avenue in St. Paul Saturday night.

I just PM'd you my cell phone number in case you need it.

Thanks,
Curt

Leadfoot281
05-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Sorry I've been late to respond. Heck, there's been 6,207 new posts since I was last here.

I would absolutely LOVE to go but can't. Been burning the candle at both ends here as it is and just can't get away.

I will deffinately be at the Car Craft show though. Anyone else going to that one?

TooManyFords
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Curt, my car goes into H&W Speedshop to get the axle narrowed tomorrow (Tues.) and I'm pretty sure it won't be done in time for the show. Everyone forgot this was the long weekend so it didn't get scheduled in time. I won't have the car again for a couple weeks, but maybe we can get together for the Car Craft show next.

Save that room!

:D

John

crouse
05-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi John, Sorry you won't be able to make it. How about driving the Mustang up for the show? Curt

TooManyFords
05-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi John, Sorry you won't be able to make it. How about driving the Mustang up for the show? Curt It is Aaron's car and he needs it to work. When I get the new hoops on, it will all be worth it.

Thanks for the raincheck, I was looking forward to a trophy! (grin!)

crouse
05-26-2008, 06:08 PM
No problem. Maybe see you in Rochester for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

HookedOnCV
05-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Curt, I plan on attending the show, but won't be entering my car. I should be there around noon or so then follow everyone back to your house afterwards.

See you Sunday!

Todd

crouse
05-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Todd, Glad you can make it. Bring the wife & kids too. Thanks, Curt

crouse
05-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Just an update for those that are attending the car show.

We are meeting in the Target parking lot on the SE corner of Cedar Avenue (Hwy 77) and County Road 42 at 8:30 am. We'll drive to the show as one group.

The show runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

We're having a get together at my house after the show. Burgers, brats, chips beverages etc. Everyone is welcome. Bring the wife & kids. I'll have directions & maps on the day of the show. I'll be leaving the show a little early to help my wife get things ready. So if anyone wants to leave with me, that's fine.

The weather looks like it's going to be perfect. See you there.

Thanks,
Curt

my_rodder
05-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Wont be there until 9:30 or 10:00 will someone save a spot for us? I wanted to be there early but just now got done with the project I was working on in the yard.

crouse
05-31-2008, 07:53 PM
No problem. We'll save you a spot. Good thing you didn't come up today. Stong storms and hail. See you tomorrow. Curt

MMinMN
05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
sorry so late, it's been a crazy week. I will see you guys at the car show. I won't make it till about 10:30. I also decided to bring my 67 merc instead. I'll see you there!!

mike_K429
06-01-2008, 04:29 AM
I'm sorry to announce that I will not be bringing my Marauder to the show. My sweet bride bumped it into the rear bumper of another car yesterday evening in traffic:cry:. Everyone's ok, but my car has some cosmetic damage to the front bumper facia, the drivers headlight is pushed in, but not broken, but the header panel that mounts the headlight is broken, and the drivers side turn signal housing is broken. The fender isn't crinkled at all, the hood isn't crinkled, it's just a bump, but I still wouldn't feel right bringing her to the show looking like that.

I'll still attend the show, but will have to pass your generous offer after the show, as I have visitors coming over early afternoon. See you at the show!

mike