PDA

View Full Version : FordChip Dyno-tune in Atlanta

TAF
08-19-2003, 07:57 PM
I am NOT the coordinator on this. I DID speak with today with one of the guys who is putting the schedule of appointments together and I can get you in touch with them

When: Sept. 27th & 28th
Where: TeamFord of Marietta
Who: Contact Gary Hood@ TeamFord PH: 678.581.4795
How: Call Gary & Post your interest here in this thread

Jerry and the FordChip boys will be back in town on the 27th and 28th for dyno tunes of your vehicles.

If you are interested in booking a spot, contact Gary Hood at 678.581.4795. As most of you know, these spots fill up fast, so if you're interested, phone early.

If you have any doubts on this...do a search in the upper left-hand "Search Box" under "Fordchip" and read past threads/results.

Glenn
08-19-2003, 09:10 PM
You can count me in on the Dyno-tune at Team Ford for 9/27.

Glenn

rurumon
08-20-2003, 05:35 AM
pardon my ignorance...where is marietta?

Black Terror
08-20-2003, 07:58 AM
Marietta, Georgia

MAD-3R's Wife
08-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Just north of Atlanta Georgia.

TAF
08-22-2003, 10:35 AM
I'm shocked that those of you within driving distance aren't showing interest in this...:confused:

Marauderman
08-22-2003, 10:52 AM
I"m interested--just don't know if I'll have any money left after Texas the previous week--timing is a bit rough($$) to say the least -My MM needs the tune for sure--would hate to sign-up and have to back-out last minute...there ARE other money needs other than my MM my wife tells me and two back to back weekends..hummmmmm...TOM

FordNut
08-24-2003, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking about it Todd, but I hate to have to do things over again and I believe the tuning would need to be redone after headers and PI torque converter upgrades. Maybe if it's not too pricey I'll do it anyway. Scott was telling me about a track event soon afterward at Commerce (Atlanta Dragway).

gonzo50
08-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by TAF
I'm shocked that those of you within driving distance aren't showing interest in this...:confused:
I'm about 3-1/2 hrs. from the Atlanta area in the Savannah area, but I'm alittle hesitant in making this move now, knowing what I know about the Superchips micro tuner and the ability to down load your stock program when needed, (dealership services) is more convenient for me than worrying about what the SM finds in the software. I would like for Jerry to do his magic on my Marauder but I wont benefit from it for long because I only have about 7475 miles on the Marauder still. Thanks.

TAF
08-24-2003, 08:49 PM
gonzo,

I can certainly appreciate your concern on the Warranty. And there are 763 threads here discussing the pros/cons of any mods.

From my experiance and what I've learned over the past 14 months is:

1) If the possibility of losing your Warranty is a concern...don't do anything to your car. Any deviation can be detected by a trained eye/wrench, etc. And I mean anything. I don't subscribe to the thoughts that pulling info off/replacing info on your PCM is undetectable. The experts at my dealer say those claims are :bs:
If you don't have a good relationship and an "out-of-the-box" thinking F L/M dealer near you...don't do it.

2) If you are going to have a computer tune of your car....get it done by the guy who wrote the original program. Jerry with FordChip is "the man" who developed the original tuning for the Marauder. Travelled around 2 1/2 years ago with the Marauder "mule", and he and his cohorts are the BEST you can have tune your car.

Lastly...If you ARE going to do this...have an external chip made. It's as simple as, if you ever do have a concern...just pull out the chip and you're back to stock programming. The dealer can then do diagnostics and determine your problem. If nothing shows, then you have a problem with the chip....which can be reflashed or replaced fairly easily.

Whatever you do...just wanted to give you what I've learned.

TAF
08-31-2003, 07:35 PM
As of yesterday, Gary says only 1 Marauder signed up. You guys are missing out at an excelent opportunity to have Jerry tune your car...
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=506/872DSC00346a-med.jpg

TAF
09-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jwheeler
It was a great time meeting the Chicago guys and seeing Jerry work has magic on some sweet cars. As for my car, Jerry was able to squeeze 265RWHP and 285RWTQ out of her. The base run netted 238RWHP and 240RWTQ. Resulting in a 27RWHP and a 45RWTQ gain! Jerry is the man! The next time Jerry comes within a state of where you live, get in your car and go see the man! You won't be disappointed! :banana2: :rock: :bows: :beer: :D -J

From JWheeler in another thread^^^

RF Overlord
09-01-2003, 12:11 PM
DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT miss the opportunity to have Jerry breathe on your car!!!!

I speak from experience (see my sig)...although there may be other products on the market that do similar functions, I don't think you will ever do better than having "The Man", who, as TAF said WROTE the original programming for this car, tweak your car on a dyno...other products "may" extract more power (I've seen 51 HP bandied about), but will they be as safe in the long run? I doubt anyone understands this motor better than Jerry does.

As the Nike ads say: "Just fricken DO it"

TripleTransAm
09-01-2003, 12:21 PM
On average, how much more power did the hands-on tuning extract versus the regular generic Jerry programming on Dennis' chip?

TAF
09-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
On average, how much more power did the hands-on tuning extract versus the regular generic Jerry programming on Dennis' chip?

/Steve,
Dennis' Chip = Jerry's Program. That's why, if you can't get to a FordChip Dyno-Tune...the ONLY way to maximize the potential of your PCM is through Dennis. And, even if you already have Dennis' chip...having Jerry literally fine-tune your chip on the dyno is the BEST you're going to get.

And as for...

Originally posted by RF Overlord
other products "may" extract more power (I've seen 51 HP bandied about)

Be sure to see me about some "ocean-front property" I want to show you just outside of Ennis...:lol:

Marauderman
09-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Ok -- I can't stand it any longer--Me and Mrs marauderman( She said yes-) will come on down --even though it's right after Texas weekend----hey Taff-- make sure it's gonna go down---thats a long trip for a no show --- and ---PM me on how much this will cost me--and how long this will take so I can plan accordingly...very important.
----ok

TAF
09-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Tom...call Gary (see number in the 1st post) and get yourself scheduled. It's going to happen. Only bad thing is, I won't be around that weekend...I was hoping for a "check-up"....

I'll talk to you about the details...just get on the list.

Marauderman
09-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Ms marauderman says ==how come your always busy when she is hoping to have you give her/us a ride around the Alt area. Sorry you won't be there-- will call and get schedules-- PM me the other details I asked about----please-Tom

TripleTransAm
09-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Dennis' Chip = Jerry's Program. That's why, if you can't get to a FordChip Dyno-Tune...the ONLY way to maximize the potential of your PCM is through Dennis. And, even if you already have Dennis' chip...having Jerry literally fine-tune your chip on the dyno is the BEST you're going to get.

I'm with you loud and clear on that one, TAF. That's why I was curious about what kind of difference people had noticed (numbers wise) between Jerry's generic programming ON Dennis' chip and Jerry's fine tuning. Meaning, what power increases have been seen between both 'versions' of Jerry's tuning (the chip and the hands-on)?

TAF
09-01-2003, 08:01 PM
/Steve,

You can find an answer in my first post here...
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2645&highlight=atlanta+tuning

TripleTransAm
09-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by TAF

You can find an answer in my first post here...
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2645&highlight=atlanta+tuning

Fantastic. Just the info I was looking for. If I read your post correctly, there's a solid 5 hp to be had from a dyno tweaking over a generic Jerry/Dennis programming?

Does Jerry touch the shift programming in any way, on the dyno tune?

edit: I realize I'm only referencing peak numbers. I'll have to study the curves a bit more in depth.

TAF
09-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Well...yes. But, what I considered the largest impact was the ability for Jerry to fine-tune the A/F ratio. And...note the RWTQ increase from the additional programming.

Net/Net...the chips from Dennis have the program for your specific PCM code. The FordChip dyno tune is for your specific car and it's characteristics WITHIN that code.

Anything else you could do (except a chip from Dennis and/or FordChip dyno tune)...is nothing but a cheap immitation.

Don't be a pretender. .02

TripleTransAm
09-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Well...yes. But, what I considered the largest impact was the ability for Jerry to fine-tune the A/F ratio. And...note the RWTQ increase from the additional programming.

Gotcha. I didn't think to check out the torque number, and the A/F tweaks probably did wonders for the curves themselves.

I have no doubt in my mind about the dyno-tune being the best option if available... I mean, all logical arguments make this very very clear. I just got to wondering exactly HOW much of a difference the dyno-tune would provide over the chip, and you provided a good insight and concrete numbers to boot.

Doesn't look like I'll ever have the chance to get a dyno-tune up here in the great white (well, great green right now) north so I was wondering HOW MUCH I'd be missing out on with just the chip. That's what started me thinking about all this...

67435animal
09-02-2003, 03:01 PM
I am very interested in attending this event and I will phone Gary at Team. Thanks for posting!

Bob

Festus
09-04-2003, 07:09 AM
Todd,
I missed the Atlanta Dyno-Tune, as I was out of town. Did Jerry give any idea when he might be back around this area again?

Eric

TAF
09-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Eric,

Sorry...I never saw this post^^^. The Dyno-tune with the FordChip boys is not until the 27th & 28th. You can still get on the schedule...you didn't miss it.

Call Gary @ TeamFord

Festus
09-09-2003, 01:34 PM
Me :stupid: I saw the 27th and 28th and was thinking August not September. I'll give Gary a call in the morning.

Eric

TAF
09-12-2003, 06:28 AM
NOTICE:

I was just informed that the FordChip Dyno-tune in ATL has been postponed. One of Jerry's guys was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident.

Please call Gary @ TeamFord for more details and to see when they will reschedule.

Marauderman
09-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Just finished call with Gary -- TO ALL INTERESTED:

1) HIS NUMBER HAS CHANGED TO 678-581-4792.

2) TO CALL HIM ONCE A WEEK TO GET UPDATES - NEXT
SCHEDULE UN-KNOWN AT THIS TIME.

I would like to request whoever gets wind of the new schedule to post it so we can know as soon as possible..Thanks....Tom

LincMercLover
09-12-2003, 10:51 AM
No kidding! You guys were supposed to go back in July according to the site. I've still got three other cities ahead of me besides your guys! I WANT MY TUNE! :cry: