PDA

View Full Version : JLT Intake - IAT??? 2004 CVLX SPORT

rvaldez1
05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I just installed my new intake, and I noticed I do not have a seperate IAT sensor....is this bad???? I do not have a hole on the stock air box lid, I will be plugging the hole for the IAT in the SB Filter, the car has not thrown a code at idle. Any Help?

fastblackmerc
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I just installed my new intake, and I noticed I do not have a seperate IAT sensor....is this bad???? I do not have a hole on the stock air box lid, I will be plugging the hole for the IAT in the SB Filter, the car has not thrown a code at idle. Any Help?

Just follow the install instructions from JLT. Have had mine on for over 35K with no problems.

rvaldez1
05-14-2008, 06:59 PM
The Instructions call for an IAT to be put in a pre-drilled hole in the filter, I have no IAT to be installed in the hole. I have a 2004 CVLX Sport. I drove it for about 10 minutes and it has ran fine...I plugged the hole. I am concerned however about this IAT, my MAF has 6 wires, and I had no hole in the lid of the stock airbox.

fastblackmerc
05-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Call Jay @ JLT.

Paul
05-15-2008, 02:03 AM
I would think the 6-wire MAF means it has the IAT built into it like a stock MM does. But double check with Jay regardless - his putting the hole in there had a reason.

Tucker
05-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Sounds like your 04 CVLX Sport has the IAT in the MAF, not a separate sensor like the rest.
Call me today and we will get you a filter without the IAT hole.

Jay

rvaldez1
05-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Talked to Jay today, great guy, great quick service. Im getting a new filter, no hassle, hell, I didnt even ask! Anyone on the fence about this kit, get it!

DJCV
05-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Talked to Jay today, great guy, great quick service. Im getting a new filter, no hassle, hell, I didnt even ask! Anyone on the fence about this kit, get it!

Can you describe any (seat of the pants) difference in throttle response/torque/hp?

rvaldez1
05-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Can you describe any (seat of the pants) difference in throttle response/torque/hp?

Ya, I actually posted up my results on the other thread...but im very happy so I will do it again. LOL. The throttle response is a bit quicker, but i think the most noticeable difference was the 25 - 60 mph range. The car kicks into first and feels like it pulls much harder on the 1-2 shift. I am very happy with the kit.