PDA

View Full Version : Black OEM used rear bumper cover needed to replace mine

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-15-2008, 07:50 AM
The rear bumper cover of my black 2003 MM was struck in the parking lot last night. I always hate dealing w/ body shops, who always end up disappointing me since I do paint work as a hobby, and I know what to look for.

If I can find a black stock MM bumper cover that is in great shape and I can install without painting it, that would be fantastic. Must be willing to ship if you are not driving distance from the DC/MD/No Va area.

Thanks

STeve

ckadiddle
05-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I have a really nice one, but the wife would probably skin me alive and roll me in rock salt if I took it off her car.;)

MM2004
05-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a really nice one, but the wife would probably skin me alive and roll me in rock salt if I took it off her car.;)

You owe me a Dell laptop keypad for that one!

...and a Miller Lite.

:lol:

Mike.

05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Ha ha, very helpful. I am going to bite the bullet and have it replaced and painted by a guy I know who has been painting for years and works at a very high volume shop in Silver Spring. I was hoping to avoid this but I think I am going to drive myself nuts trying to find as-new used. I don't think it exists.

cpprice
05-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Collision Catalog - 2003 - Mercury - Marauder
Rear bumper, Bumper and components, Bumper cover, Bumper cover - Marauder - Marauder 1 list price: $822.42 your price: $592.14 tax: $0.00 $592.14 Sub Total: $592.14 GroundSecond DayNext Day Shipping (https://www.trademotion.com/storefront/index.cfm?action=viewAllPolici es&policy=2&siteid=214944)59.21 Tax0.00Total$651.35

This is at Blue Springs Ford in Blue Springs MO
www.fordpartscenter.net (http://www.fordpartscenter.net)

05-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks, I found a dealer who would do $450+ shipping on the OEM bumper, but I ended up bringing it to a body shop and letting insurance figure it out. I know the painter and the service writer and know they will do a great job, I just hate to leave the car anywhere for any period of time. But what must be done must be done. I could buy the new cover and paint it myself, but this is what insurance is for.