PDA

View Full Version : New England Dragway Day!!!!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I have talked with the Track manger at New England Dragway and I found out some great info.

Normally there are a few days / nights per week when anyone can show up and make a few runs but, it can get busy and if you wanted to run side by side with someone you know, the odds are slim.

Good news is, if we can pick a Saturday (some time soon) and get atleast 10 plus cars together (any make / year ): the Track manger will set us up with our own lane and make it so we can run side by side !!

We will get a bunch of runs in and first class treatment.
He gave me his direct line and said once we pick a day, give him some notice and we will be all set.

Price will only be around $30. each to be paid in advance.

I think this is a awsume deal and a great price, so lets make it happen while we can and before he gets all booked up!!

:drive:

Rocknthehawk
05-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm in with the thunderbolt

Adam12
05-18-2008, 11:19 AM
im definately in on that and in sure i can round up some of my buddies with stangs and lightnings

Paul T. Casey
05-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Anytime after May 25 is good. Bring all your n/a Marauders, and your wallets!:cool:

KB-Marauder-S
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I have talked with the Track manger at New England Dragway and I found out some great info.

Normally there are a few days / nights per week when anyone can show up and make a few runs but, it can get busy and if you wanted to run side by side with someone you know, the odds are slim.

Good news is, if we can pick a Saturday (some time soon) and get atleast 10 plus cars together (any make / year ): the Track manger will set us up with our own lane and make it so we can run side by side !!

We will get a bunch of runs in and first class treatment.
He gave me his direct line and said once we pick a day, give him some notice and we will be all set.

Price will only be around $30. each to be paid in advance.

I think this is a awsume deal and a great price, so lets make it happen while we can and before he gets all booked up!!

:drive:

Will Saturday 5/31 work for everyone??
I'll need to book it and collect money via Pay Pal or in person with in the next week.

Let me know.. you cna PM me with any questions.

Thanks- Mike
KB-Marauder-S

sd8683
05-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm in, I will be eager to test out my new t/c which if all goes as planned will be installed this week along with my other goodies! I can't wait to see what I run

KB-Marauder-S
05-18-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm in, I will be eager to test out my new t/c which if all goes as planned will be installed this week along with my other goodies! I can't wait to see what I run

Sean, I think they are have a 17 sec minimum that day.
Not sure if they will let you run..lol

:burn:

sd8683
05-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Sean, I think they are have a 17 sec minimum that day.
Not sure if they will let you run..lol

:burn:

You won't, you'll prolly end up in the wall, and please, my car is the reason you have a marauder, coat tail rider!!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-18-2008, 05:28 PM
You won't, you'll prolly end up in the wall, and please, my car is the reason you have a marauder, coat tail rider!!!

We'll see, the only tail you'll be seeing is my tail lights

Raudermaster
05-18-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm in if I can get my blower on by then.

sd8683
05-18-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm in if I can get my blower on by then.

You don't wanna get a before blower and after blower time??

sd8683
05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
We'll see, the only tail you'll be seeing is my tail lights

Well if I had $40,000 in mods like you we'd be neck and neck

Raudermaster
05-18-2008, 05:40 PM
You don't wanna get a before blower and after blower time??

I know what she'll turn now. I'd rather run it with boost.

sd8683
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM

Have you ever ran it?? If so what was your time??

KB-Marauder-S
05-18-2008, 05:52 PM

You should go with or without the Blower.. it will be a good time.

Adam12
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
im in ill see who i can recruit

hot-rauder
05-19-2008, 04:25 AM
wait till my crossfire smokes your asses......

sd8683
05-19-2008, 04:29 AM
wait till my crossfire smokes your asses......

Lol, Keep dreamin Alice your not in wonderland yet!!

courtmarshall
05-19-2008, 05:38 AM
I would love to be there, but can't make it. I have Military Duty, Annual Training. The only way I could do it is if I could convince my boss that it was a recruiting opportunity for the Army Reserve.

Oh well....let me know if anyone wants to come get my car to use it for the weekend....JK :lol:

Go Mifuni
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
My gears are going in on the 27th of this month but I prolly won't be picking her up until the following weekend. I may need some break-in time too.
My weekends appear to be free starting 6/14.
I pulled a baseline last year so I will be anxious to hit the track again to see the difference.

sd8683
05-19-2008, 08:11 AM
My gears are going in on the 27th of this month but I prolly won't be picking her up until the following weekend. I may need some break-in time too.
My weekends appear to be free starting 6/14.
I pulled a baseline last year so I will be anxious to hit the track again to see the difference.

I'm curious mike, what did you run last year?

Raudermaster
05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Never had it to a track Sean, but I used my d-pic (not sure how accurate that is) and I ran a 14.4. What if we do it sometime in the middle of June? Like the 14th or 21st? That way we can get everyone, courtmarshall, Mike and whatnot, his gears should be broken in by then.

sd8683
05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Never had it to a track Sean, but I used my d-pic (not sure how accurate that is) and I ran a 14.4. What if we do it sometime in the middle of June? Like the 14th or 21st? That way we can get everyone, courtmarshall, Mike and whatnot, his gears should be broken in by then.

I'll call mike up and see what he says

Go Mifuni
05-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I'll call mike up and see what he says

I think we have too many Mikes here lol.
I made 5 runs with a best of 15.6 @ 92, bone stock. It was wicked hot and muggy that night too.
I can't wait to see the difference a CAI, gears and tune make.

courtmarshall
05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
I made 5 runs with a best of 15.6 @ 92, bone stock. It was wicked hot and muggy that night too.

So with the Scangauge II the temp after the supercharger intercooler was 113 degrees F. I did not even go WOT but got a full shot of meth and as fast as the Scangauge could sample the data...near instantly the temp was 75 degrees.... muggy and wicked watch out.:mad2:

hot-rauder
05-19-2008, 01:47 PM

we have Boston Mike... we call him Mike
and we have you.... Mike (Rob) or MR. for short

Go Mifuni
05-19-2008, 01:51 PM
we have Boston Mike... we call him Mike
and we have you.... Mike (Rob) or MR. for short

You can call me Snake.
Yes, Snake Tibbetts. I rather like the sound of that. :D

hot-rauder
05-19-2008, 01:58 PM
You can call me Snake.

You know why the Ultimate Warrior retired from wrestling?

Chuck Norris wanted his name back!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
[quote=Go Mifuni;617550]My gears are going in on the 27th of this month but I prolly won't be picking her up until the following weekend. I may need some break-in time too.

I've had new gears several times over the years.
The quickest and best way to break them in according to the pro's is to:
Take the car for a good 30 mile plus drive, try to stay on a highway and keep it under 65 mph.
Then let it sit over night, take her out again around town, do a few burn outs and a quick run down the highway 80mph again.
The next day your good to go!!
If your going to have any issues you'll hear it by then, they say.

Good luck- Boston Mike

Raudermaster
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
You can call me Snake.

Chris Chris I told you when we're out here in the wild, call me Rooster Cogburn.

Raudermaster
05-19-2008, 02:15 PM
See Mike I've heard other ways to break in gears. Most common I've heard is take it for a 10 mile drive, bring it back home and let it sit for about 30 min, then go for a 20 mile drive, let it sit for 45 minutes and you should be good to go after that.

Rocknthehawk
05-19-2008, 02:41 PM

that means my truck should be faster....

KB-Marauder-S
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
As for now we are all set up for Saturday 5/31

Gates open at 8am and we will report to Tech Department and Joe (the track manager) is going to set us up with our own Special Elimator Class.

I will pay the deposit to hold our spot, but who ever goes will pay $30. entry fee when they arrive. So you do not need to pay me in advace.

I hope this works out.. I can only get so many days off from work and this will be one of them. I am told they are getting booked up but, if it turns out to be a rain day; he will do his best to get us into the next opening.

If you are 100% committed to going, then please reply here so we can start to get an accurate count.

I would like to show up with atleast 10 cars.

This will be a great time if everyone goes, make some vids, pics, etc, this is what it is all about!!!!! Lets make it happen.

Some basic rules, each car will be inspected by the dragway.

Everyone must have an overflow for the radiator. (l used a can)

If you run faster than 14 sec you will need a Helmet. (maybe we can share if not every has one)

The rest is just basic inspection.. you can view the rules on the website:
www.newenglanddragway.com (http://www.newenglanddragway.com)

Lets make this happen, start recruiting and lets get a count going..

Thanks- Boston Mike KB-Marauder-S

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

KB-Marauder-S
05-19-2008, 02:54 PM
See Mike I've heard other ways to break in gears. Most common I've heard is take it for a 10 mile drive, bring it back home and let it sit for about 30 min, then go for a 20 mile drive, let it sit for 45 minutes and you should be good to go after that.

Well the basic idea is to heat them up and then let them cool down over night. Normally people just take it for a long ride under 65mph then just let it sit till the day and thats it.. go racing.
But, if you are nervious or just want to be extra safe.. they do the 2 day gig.

Mike

Raudermaster
05-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Everyone must have an overflow for the radiator. (l used a can)

:confused: A what?

Rocknthehawk
05-19-2008, 06:31 PM
wouldn't the overflow just be the resevoir?

i'm confused.

reminds me i need one for my show truck....

Raudermaster
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Aaron did you finish the motor yet?

Go Mifuni
05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
So basically I just have to heat them up, then let them cool, huh?

Rocknthehawk
05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Aaron did you finish the motor yet?

just have to put the new plugs in...and put the distributor back in.

then put it in the truck.

but it's all painted and looking nice on the engine stand.

Adam12
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
im in for the 31st with my marauder i have a buddy coming up with an 07 mustang gt and another with an 01 audi a6. dont know who else i can get as of yet.

Raudermaster
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh man Adam, an Audi? No rice!!!

Adam12
05-21-2008, 03:11 PM
its a v8 audi and its pretty quick...lol

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
im in for the 31st with my marauder i have a buddy coming up with an 07 mustang gt and another with an 01 audi a6. dont know who else i can get as of yet.

Thats great, I took a vacation day for the 31st so I am all set too.
We'll get a final count next week, hope the rest of these guys go.

Mike KB-Marauder-S

sd8683
05-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't think I'm gonna make it, I gotta work! But its good in a way cause I need the money for headers, I guess I'll go up on a later date bymyself

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't think I'm gonna make it, I gotta work! But its good in a way cause I need the money for headers, I guess I'll go up on a later date bymyself

Maybe things will change and you'll be able to go.
Was hoping to see what ya slowrauder will run, now that you getting all these mods..
So stop being a ****bag and take a day off!!

hot-rauder
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Come on my Crossfire wants to smoke your Marauder!!!!

sd8683
05-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Come on my Crossfire wants to smoke your Marauder!!!!

Believe me I would love to go to smoke your missfire I mean crossfire, lol, j/k but if you were in my position to make an extra $600 in one weekend or go to the track and waste a $100 in gas and track fees, honestly what would you guys do???

sd8683
05-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Maybe things will change and you'll be able to go.
Was hoping to see what ya slowrauder will run, now that you getting all these mods..
So stop being a ****bag and take a day off!!

Well some people have to work for a living unlike some who sit home and collect a welfare check every week, like you!!! And as far as the mods go I only have the t/c ad the water pump, I'm still waiting for my other stuff to get shipped that I bought, THREE WEEKS AGO!!!!!!! And you sir are the ****BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Well some people have to work for a living unlike some who sit home and collect a welfare check every week, like you!!! And as far as the mods go I only have the t/c ad the water pump, I'm still waiting for my other stuff to get shipped that I bought, THREE WEEKS AGO!!!!!!! And you sir are the ****BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep making excuses, you know there will be plenty of OT. What you going to do, bag out every time. Like taking one day off is going to kill you.
You only live once, got the rest of your life to work.
You got a nice ride, take a day and enjoy it.

sd8683
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Just keep making excuses, you know there will be plenty of OT. What you going to do, bag out every time. Like taking one day off is going to kill you.
You only live once, got the rest of your life to work.
You got a nice ride, take a day and enjoy it.

What you couldn't think of a funny comeback so you decided to take the high road! And the OT is not gonna last, this weekend and next weekend are the last chance for me to make the big bucks, so I'm gonna work

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
What you couldn't think of a funny comeback so you decided to take the high road! And the OT is not gonna last, this weekend and next weekend are the last chance for me to make the big bucks, so I'm gonna work

You forget I work there too, you know just as I, you will be getting plenty of OT over this summer and over the next 36 years you got till you can retire.. paperboy. What u afriad of, hot-rauders missfire!

sd8683
05-21-2008, 07:33 PM
You forget I work there too, you know just as I, you will be getting plenty of OT over this summer and over the next 36 years you got till you can retire.. paperboy. What u afriad of, hot-rauders missfire!

Paperboy???? If I get that maintainers job I will not get any overtime, there's a reason I was the high bidder, there's no OT!!!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Paperboy???? If I get that maintainers job I will not get any overtime, there's a reason I was the high bidder, there's no OT!!!!

But, chances are you'll just choke again on the test.. so you'll have plenty of OT.
. :flamer:

sd8683
05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
But, chances are you'll just choke again on the test.. so you'll have plenty of OT.
. :flamer:
FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KB-Marauder-S
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured you'd like that 1 :mad2:

Rocknthehawk
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
haha.

chances are i'll be driving the crossfire down the track. just ask him.

he needs to get the car first anyways.

sd8683
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Figured you'd like that 1 :mad2:

That's gonna be a real expensive cab ride to seekonk!!

sd8683
05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
haha.

chances are i'll be driving the crossfire down the track. just ask him.

he needs to get the car first anyways.

Oh I thought r already had it

Raudermaster
05-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Bickering old women!!! Hahahha. Mike, the reason Sean isn't going, he bought a Trilogy and he's installing it that day :D. How did Dez do tuning your car Mike? Any driveability issues? Thinking of going to him when the 'Tech's on.

Paul T. Casey
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
31st is my Dad's 79th birthday. If the party is a different day, I'll be there. Special Eliminator? Will the loosers be able to run all day? Thanks for stepping up and setting this up.

KB-Marauder-S
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Bickering old women!!! Hahahha. Mike, the reason Sean isn't going, he bought a Trilogy and he's installing it that day :D. How did Dez do tuning your car Mike? Any driveability issues? Thinking of going to him when the 'Tech's on.

I don't know yet, still have not got it back. It is a long process with Dez.
It should be ready tomorrow last I talked with him.
So I'll be around this weekend.. hopefully.
Mike

KB-Marauder-S
05-22-2008, 03:49 PM
31st is my Dad's 79th birthday. If the party is a different day, I'll be there. Special Eliminator? Will the loosers be able to run all day? Thanks for stepping up and setting this up.

Well hope you can go, I have not been to track in years.
Figured you would be the man to see.
Mike

Raudermaster
05-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know yet, still have not got it back. It is a long process with Dez.
It should be ready tomorrow last I talked with him.
So I'll be around this weekend.. hopefully.
Mike

1 thing I don't like about Dez, he locks his tunes.

KB-Marauder-S
05-22-2008, 06:55 PM

Well, I'll be happy just to be done with it all.. I have no intentions of pushing any more power out of it. Its fast enough for what it is.
I picked up some new tires and a few more dress up items.. I think i'm done with it till it blows. lol

Rocknthehawk
05-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, I'll be happy just to be done with it all.. I have no intentions of pushing any more power out of it. Its fast enough for what it is.
I picked up some new tires and a few more dress up items.. I think i'm done with it till it blows. lol

I blew when i heard you rev up next to me...

i mean...

Jarod you should come just to see what a real supercharged marauder looks like.

or put your supercharger parts in the trunk, and call it a marauder with a supercharger.

Raudermaster
05-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Yea keep it comin' smart ass. I better bring a shovel with me when it's in so I can peel your carcass off of my seat.

Rocknthehawk
05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Yea keep it comin' smart ass. I better bring a shovel with me when it's in so I can peel your carcass off of my seat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/rocknthehawk/jarod1.jpg

KB-Marauder-S
05-22-2008, 08:58 PM
I blew when i heard you rev up next to me...

i mean...

Jarod you should come just to see what a real supercharged marauder looks like.

or put your supercharger parts in the trunk, and call it a marauder with a supercharger.

Thanks.. it does sound good when I get on it.
Jarod, whats up with your SC? Seems like it is taking for ever..

Rocknthehawk
05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks.. it does sound good when I get on it.
Jarod, whats up with your SC? Seems like it is taking for ever..

I'll slip...

the rest of the parts where overnighted to him today...

bob6364
05-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Locked so people who don't know won't mess up his tune and blow the engine,he gets blamed for enough stuff,its just cheap insurance.

Raudermaster
05-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Don't you think that sucks though if you chose to go to another tuner? He may not use the same tune, but he could glance at it and learn a thing or two about THAT certain car. No, so then you have to go out and buy another $300 dollar SCT tuner, since that one's a paper weight now.

Paul T. Casey
05-23-2008, 04:09 AM
Dez runs a business. He probably considers his tunes to be proprietary informaation. Did you negotiate leaving it open? Perhaps for a fee he would. Thing is, there's a lot of research work put into tuning. You just don't futz with numbers and have it come out right. The time spent getting a tune right is time not spent on other projects in your business.

FormulaMarauder
05-23-2008, 05:12 AM
You guys done bickering yet? I'm actuially interested in taking the MM out to this, but it seems like this is turning into a Kindergarden field trip.

Is the 31st confirmed yet or what?

Go Mifuni
05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
You guys done bickering yet? I'm actuially interested in taking the MM out to this, but it seems like this is turning into a Kindergarden field trip.

I know I'll be there!

KB-Marauder-S
05-23-2008, 06:22 AM

Yes, the 31st is confirmed. I don't have an actual count yet but I woudl say there is about 6 people goign so far.
Mike KB-Marauder-S

Raudermaster
05-23-2008, 10:39 AM

Man, I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. GUESS WHAT, I WON'T HAVE MY BLOWER ON BY THEN SINCE I'M STILL MISSING PIECES!!!!!!!!:mad2::censor:

FormulaMarauder
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I'll be there. Just let me know time/place, blah blah blah.

Anyone meeting up to wagontrain down there?

KB-Marauder-S
05-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'll be there. Just let me know time/place, blah blah blah.

Anyone meeting up to wagontrain down there?

I figure wonce we get a count on who's going, sometime durring next week then we can try to coordinate meeting along the way.
Mike

Adam12
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
ok ive got a 99 lightning and possible an 87 gt stang comming as well

sd8683
05-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Ahhhh...SCREW the extra $600 bucks I'm goin

Adam12
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
good...lol

Raudermaster
05-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm trying to talk my buddy with his L to come, he's bein a ***** though. My buddy will probably come with his Camaro.

KB-Marauder-S
05-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Ahhhh...SCREW the extra $600 bucks I'm goin

We talked like 20 times today, you didn't mention to me you are now going..

:stupid:

Rocknthehawk
05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
It's possible i could have a couple friends with bikes come...is that possible?

KB-Marauder-S
05-23-2008, 08:36 PM
It's possible i could have a couple friends with bikes come...is that possible?

I can't see why not. I can call and find out for sure, if they are sure they want to go. Let me know.
Mike

Go Mifuni
05-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I've got a friend who wants to bring his Focus (lol) and another with a Nova project he's working on; if he can finish it in time anyway.
Nice job Mike, pulling this together! :beer:

KB-Marauder-S
05-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I've got a friend who wants to bring his Focus (lol) and another with a Nova project he's working on; if he can finish it in time anyway.
Nice job Mike, pulling this together! :beer:

Thanks..

Anyone know were to get a cheap helmet or have an extra one around?

sd8683
05-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks..

Anyone know were to get a cheap helmet or have an extra one around?

For what???? I thought you only needed a helmet if you ran 14's or better, so why would you need one?!?!?!?!?!

Rocknthehawk
05-24-2008, 02:03 PM
For what???? I thought you only needed a helmet if you ran 14's or better, so why would you need one?!?!?!?!?!

I've got one...but it's old...from 1973. Not sure what newer standards there are.

KB-Marauder-S
05-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I've got one...but it's old...from 1973. Not sure what newer standards there are.

Track rules say a snell rate of 95 or better, I guess that is a fairly old rate, new ones have a snell rate of like 2000.
Mike

KB-Marauder-S
05-24-2008, 08:10 PM

Well I guess you better hope you don't run better than 14 becasue it is going to be hard to find a helmet to fit that big fat bald head of yours..
:flamer:

sd8683
05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Well I guess you better hope you don't run better than 14 becasue it is going to be hard to find a helmet to fit that big fat bald head of yours..
:flamer:

What happened to the helmet you use to wear going to school on the short bus

Rocknthehawk
05-25-2008, 09:15 AM
You two sound like you're married...to each other...

we do live in massachusetts....

sd8683
05-25-2008, 09:41 AM
You two sound like you're married...to each other...

we do live in massachusetts....

Haha, Mike and I have known eachother long before we had our marauders, we like to break eachothers ba**s

Rocknthehawk
05-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Haha, Mike and I have known eachother long before we had our marauders, we like to touch eachothers ba**s

fixed it for you.

sd8683
05-25-2008, 10:12 AM
fixed it for you.

Huh?????????

Rocknthehawk
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
read your quote. now you can't edit your post because i quoted it.

sd8683
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
sucked it for you.

FIXED IT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Rocknthehawk
05-25-2008, 11:34 AM
FIXED IT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
ouch.

you can't insult me with my own insult.

just for that, i'm calling you out at epping.

sd8683
05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
ouch.

Lol, bring it on, no more editing eachothers posts, k

hot-rauder
05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Lol, bring it on, no more touching each others penises, k

i could not agree more sean!

sd8683
05-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Hahaha, ok that was funny while it lasted, now cut the *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sd8683
05-25-2008, 07:30 PM
ouch.

Your talkin about a race rite?

Raudermaster
05-25-2008, 08:14 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAAH. Man, Adam had it right on. How can we post more in this thread now? It should be closed for Adam because that ruled so much.

Raudermaster
05-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Man, I'll race both Sean and Aaron, I'll start BEHIND the tree, go around it and still beat both of you.

Rocknthehawk
05-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Man, I'll race both Sean and Aaron, I'll start BEHIND the tree, go around it and still beat both of you.

are you going to be blowing all the hot air you're talking into your supercharger?

you're on.

i'll even bet $10 my truck will beat an n/a marauder down the 1/4 mile.

hot-rauder
05-25-2008, 11:35 PM
are you going to be blowing all the hot air you're talking into your supercharger?

you're on.

sure ..... it wont beat a n/a MM down Rte 2 form a dead stop though lol;)

Paul T. Casey
05-26-2008, 04:22 AM

Now we're talking. I usually only make food bets, but I may be able to scrap a few dimes and nickels together.

As for the helmet issue. The guy with the 1973 hat, just leave it home. Helmets are cheap, just go buy one (motorcycle shop, performance store, etc). I'd also double check on the Snell 95 deal. IIRC, you must be wearing Snell 2000 or newer (probably Snell 05 is out by now).

One other BIG thing for any s/c guys. Check the rules to see if you're required to have a Flame-proof jacket. Since any s/c Marauder is after market, I believe you'll need the coat.

sd8683
05-26-2008, 06:34 AM

you're on.

I'll take that bet

Rocknthehawk
05-26-2008, 07:06 AM
I'll take that bet

I'll make sure to bring my camera, so i can post the embarassing results on the web.

I honestly have no clue what a marauder runs, but my truck is supposed to do the scoot in 14.9 or less.

sd8683
05-26-2008, 07:11 AM
I'll make sure to bring my camera, so i can post the embarassing results on the web.

I honestly have no clue what a marauder runs, but my truck is supposed to do the scoot in 14.9 or less.

I'm hoping to run low 14's so it should be a good race, I'm looking forward to it, good luck?

hot-rauder
05-26-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm hoping to run low 14's so it should be a good race, I'm looking forward to it, good luck?no offense, but check your mods again Sean....

sd8683
05-26-2008, 07:30 AM
no offense, but check your mods again Sean....

Stall converter, pulleys and a water pump are goin in this week

Rocknthehawk
05-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Stall converter, pulleys and a water pump are goin in this week

oh you bastard.

sd8683
05-26-2008, 08:39 AM
oh you bastard.

Lol!! You did say any n/a Marauder

Paul T. Casey
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Lol!! You did say any n/a Marauder

Yep, even my poor old 186K daily driver, n/a of course.

Rocknthehawk
05-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I won't feel bad losing in a STOCK truck :)

it's whomever i race that will feel bad when all they see is my taillights.

sd8683
05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I won't feel bad losing in a STOCK truck :)

it's whomever i race that will feel bad when all they see is my taillights.

I'm rootin for ya, just not against me lol!! I was just with mike in is MM, OMG no more traction problems for him, he's got new Mickey thompsons, they just dig in and go!! He's gonna put up some great #'s

Go Mifuni
05-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Looks like lotsa last minute mods going in this week. Saturday should be an interesting day to say the least. Just dropped my girl in Hyannis for her gear swap. :D

Raudermaster
05-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Last minute, too bad I won't be able to make it up :(. It will probably be done by nightfall, but we're having a family BBQ that day as well.

sd8683
05-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Ughh!!!! Showers off and on ALLDAY Saturday!!!!!!!!

Go Mifuni
05-28-2008, 06:17 AM

So we'll make our runs on the off. :D

hot-rauder
05-28-2008, 01:55 PM
i hope not to have the runs on saturday lmao

car goes in the shop friday.... engine has a fluttering sound at higher RPMs..... although,

my lady just bought an 04 Mach1....
maybe ill convince her to let me take it up with her this weekend.

sd8683
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
i hope not to have the runs on saturday lmao

car goes in the shop friday.... engine has a fluttering sound at higher RPMs..... although,

my lady just bought an 04 Mach1....
maybe ill convince her to let me take it up with her this weekend.

Do you still have your MM

hot-rauder
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Do you still have your MM

yes

and i will proudly duck my head in shame when her Mach1 destroys me.... gotta teach her how to race with a 5 speed now

Raudermaster
05-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Lol, destroy your car? It will probably take Mike's KB with a good driver behind the wheel.

KB-Marauder-S
05-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Lol, destroy your car? It will probably take Mike's KB with a good driver behind the wheel.

Na I'll give her a car lenth and still beat it. lol

KB-Marauder-S
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM

Not looking to good for Saturdays Dragway Day.. so far they are saying rain.
I guess we'll have to see if things change.
I really want to go, I'm all set packed and ready.. but, rain.
Not good, I may even try to go Friday night if they are still sure about rain on Saturday.

FFFuu :censor: kn Rain!!

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Na I'll give her a car lenth and still beat it. lol

Those Mach's row through the gears with ease. They should have been a 6spd, they could have used the extra gear.

Go Mifuni
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Those Mach's row through the gears with ease. They should have been a 6spd, they could have used the extra gear.

I took one for a test drive a few years back; shaker type. I got 3 gears of solid rubber out of it. Very nice. It's amazing what our motors are capable of without that extra 1500lbs.

Egon Spengler
05-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Count me out for this one I think... weather looks bad and I have alot of stuff to catch up on this weekend... we will see... I dont think my stocker is worth taking down the strip... get laughed right out of the pits

MIKE... we need to meet up some time... I can't believe how close we live to eachother!

Go Mifuni
05-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Count me out for this one I think... weather looks bad and I have alot of stuff to catch up on this weekend... we will see... I dont think my stocker is worth taking down the strip... get laughed right out of the pits

MIKE... we need to meet up some time... I can't believe how close we live to eachother!

I just checked the weather for Epping and it says thunder showers. The forcast could certainly change by then, this being New England and all. Put me in the "tentative" column. If it looks like it will be clear in the morning, count me in. I'm dying to make some runs with my new gears. :burnout:

TJ, I took my "stocker" down the track a few years back. All the rice handed me my ass. I had fun anyway. I was establishing a base-line. Now I can measure my gains. Maybe I'll let you take it for a spin so you can see if a gear swap is something you'd like to do in the future.

sd8683
05-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm gonna have to skip it this time, I'm just gonna go to work, I don't wanna risk going all the way down there and have it poor allday.

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I took one for a test drive a few years back; shaker type. I got 3 gears of solid rubber out of it. Very nice. It's amazing what our motors are capable of without that extra 1500lbs.

Yup, pretty amazing since R&T put it up back in '04 against the brand new '04 GTO 6spd. The puny 4.6l vs. the God like 5.7l. The GTO trapped faster mph, but the Mach destroyed it time wise all 5 times. Adam said he found some guy online bone stock turned a 13 flat out of it. FYI, all the '03/04 Mach's have Shaker's ;). However, they do make a shaker kit for the GT. Not to mention they have a better crank than we do.

hot-rauder
05-29-2008, 02:21 PM

every thursday!!! the 99!!! in fitchburg!!

who's in tonite?
mike?
dave?
ill be there with the Mach1 tronite!!

Adam12
05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
so whats the head count for everyone that hasent bailed yet. im still in and i have 5 cars going including mine if it isnt a wash out.

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
every thursday!!! the 99!!! in fitchburg!!

who's in tonite?
mike?
dave?
ill be there with the Mach1 tronite!!

My car is back at Dez for the final tune.. other wise I'd be there.

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Email me and maybe we can meet up sometime Sunday.
Thanks-Mike

sd8683
05-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Email me and maybe we can meet up sometime Sunday.
Thanks-Mike

Mike he's talkin about the other mike (gomifuni) that lives out west

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
so whats the head count for everyone that hasent bailed yet. im still in and i have 5 cars going including mine if it isnt a wash out.

I've checked 4 different stations and each say there is a 100% chance of rain / thunder showers at Epping this Saturday. :mad2:

That being said, This Saturdays Dragway Day is canceled.
Of course any1 who wishes to still go can but, I will not go in the rain.

Question is when do you guys want to go, next available date is Saturday 6/7. After that will be another month wait, so I do not want to wait another month. I would like to post a new thread for 6/7. ???

Another ???? is, would people prefer going on a Friday night 6/6 gates open at 5pm. I could talk to Joe at the Track and see if he can hook us up on 6/6.

I am just asuming it would be easier for everyone to do this on a Saturday and we'd have more day light.

What do you guys think?? Thanks- Mike

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Mike he's talkin about the other mike (gomifuni) that lives out west

I didn't think he was close lol. I seen that otehr Black 03 at Citgo after you left today.

sd8683
05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I didn't think he was close lol. I seen that otehr Black 03 at Citgo after you left today.

I seen him too, but he didn't see me

Adam12
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
wtf... can we get it for the 21st? thats the next time ill be able to go. god i hate rain

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
wtf... can we get it for the 21st? thats the next time ill be able to go. god i hate rain

As far as I can see from the schedule Joe sent me, the next available date that he can set us up with our our lane is 6/7, then nothing again till 7/13.
I don't want to wait till 7/13. All I can do is call him tomorrow and see if he can do the same set up for us on one of the street nights like a Friday night.

Either way i will let you know. if 6/7 is no good for anyone else then i will just go by myself because I'd like to run my car and see what it does. I'll still go to another Drag day if you guys still want to pick a day.

Mike

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I can probably go Mike :up:. Blower will be on too!

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I can probably go Mike :up:. Blower will be on too!

When 6/7 ?? or can you do Friday 6/6 ??

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Saturday.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

FormulaMarauder
05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Yup, rain all day. I'm good for mostly any weekend.

KB-Marauder-S
05-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Yup, rain all day. I'm good for mostly any weekend.

Ok, lets try for Saturday 6/7, I'll post a new trhead tonight.
Then for those who can't go, we can maybe do another meet next end of june.

Paul T. Casey
05-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Wed. nights are pretty decent up there also, not so much waiting as fewer people show up. I'll be away for the 06-06/07 event, but I'll make the next one. Can't wait to spank a bunch of MassMarauders! :rolleyes:

Go Mifuni
05-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Ok, lets try for Saturday 6/7, I'll post a new trhead tonight.
Then for those who can't go, we can maybe do another meet next end of june.

I'm good for 6/7. Early morning is best; nice cool air. :D

Egon Spengler
05-30-2008, 06:40 AM
I'll try to clear my calendar for 6/7... Mike(GoMifuni), we should try to meet up before then just to put names to faces... (better than myspace has done for us)

Go Mifuni
05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
I'll try to clear my calendar for 6/7... Mike(GoMifuni), we should try to meet up before then just to put names to faces... (better than myspace has done for us)

Sounds good Tom.
My Saturday is pretty much booked up, but all I have Sunday (I think) is my son's graduation.
What's your schedule look like?
Any chance on you getting out to Fitchburg some Thursday eve? You could possible meet some other Marauderers there as well.

KB-Marauder-S
05-30-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm good for 6/7. Early morning is best; nice cool air. :D

Once I get the final ok from the track.. I'll post a new 6/7 drag day.
I was so hoping to go tomorrow, this weather really s*cks.
Hope more guys will still go 6/7

Mike

KB-Marauder-S
05-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Figures the weather here is good, I called Epping and they said it is over cast. Well guess I'll go clean up the car, needs a oil change.

sd8683
05-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Figures the weather here is good, I called Epping and they said it is over cast. Well guess I'll go clean up the car, needs a oil change.

Mike the weathers gonna be changing pretty quick, its all dark skies here in walpole, hasn't rained yet but will be soon so don't bother washing your car

KB-Marauder-S
05-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Mike the weathers gonna be changing pretty quick, its all dark skies here in walpole, hasn't rained yet but will be soon so don't bother washing your car

I want to try out that buffer on a few spots.. I'll call yea latter.
Bad news from track.. Joe said next date for a Saturday he has open for us will not be till SEPTEMBER !!!
He did say he could run us Friday 6/6, be there about 5pm.
So I told him I would try for both.
Going to post it now.
Mike

Rocknthehawk
05-31-2008, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't be able to make it that friday until at least 6pm

Rocknthehawk
05-31-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PscogedAWTI

a little music for today

hot-rauder
05-31-2008, 10:42 AM