PDA

View Full Version : New To The Club

HiHo
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I am happy to report that I am the new owner of an 03 MM that, until yesterday, belonged to member lonnieleo. I flew in to Portland, Maine on Thursday, rented a car and drove up to Bangor. Lonnie and his wife and daughter drove the Marauder down from Presque Isle to deliver the vehicle. Much thanks to Lonnie for arranging the transit tag from the State of Maine and being so forthcoming about the vehicle. I arrived back home in Southern Maryland this afternoon after driving through a lot of rain. First order of business is a good cleaning now.
I intend for this to become my daily driver taking the place of my 2000 Lightning. Probably won't be doing much in the way of performance mods other than perhaps picking the low hanging fruit (tuner, mufflers). Lonnie had already installed a K&N air filter. My first project will be a new headunit with navigation, sat, HD, blutooth, etc.
Looking forward to learning a nlot from y'all.

Again, many thanks to Lonie for a positive long distance buying experience.

Ms. Denmark
05-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Congratulations on your new ride!! :burnout:

RoyLPita
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

Bluerauder
05-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Congrats on your new '03MM and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net. :up:

Where the heck is Great Mills, MD .... must be a new place. :dunno:

ctrlraven
05-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Congrats and Welcome to the site. It's sad to see a member sell their MM but it's always a pleasure to know it goes to a good home.

HiHo
05-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Southeast of you across the Potomac, St Marys County. Around NAS Pax River. Not new... been around a while I suspect!

Congrats on your new '03MM and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net. :up:

Where the heck is Great Mills, MD .... must be a new place. :dunno:

Georges93LX
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
If you had a Lightning then it won't be long before you break out the wallet and start the mod frenzie. Welcome aboard.

Bluerauder
05-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Southeast of you across the Potomac, St Marys County. Around NAS Pax River.
Yes, about 55 miles "as the crow flies". :up: Closer to 82 miles as the MM flies. There are a couple other MM owners down there in the PAX River area. Come on out and meet the gang from the Capital Area Marauders (CAM) and check out local activities in the CAM forum. You just missed the annual meet at Bert's 50s Diner in Mechanicsville, MD on 20 April.

ckadiddle
05-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Welcome! Get a tune if you do no other mods. :)

jgc61sr2002
05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D

ctrlraven
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Southeast of you across the Potomac, St Marys County. Around NAS Pax River. Not new... been around a while I suspect!

My uncle lives down in California and used to work at Pax River Naval air base. I knew I had heard of Great Falls before lol. I know I said Welcome before but Welcome aboard to CAM (Capital Area Marauders).

oldekid
05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Welcome!

Just in case you didn't know, pictures are required. :beer:

HiHo
05-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to participating. I just need to get the unit cleaned up from the nasty trip down from Maine and figure out a way to retain my tint as I try to register it in the great state of Maryland. Might have to title it in Florida!!

gjtcodered
05-22-2008, 03:12 PM
HiHo, So sorry you couldn't wait for my replacemaent title to come in. It's ready to go now. Lookin for a buyer for my MM listed here by gjtcodered. Excelent condition with 39K miles, sct tune, flowmasters, delete tips and so on. Any takers? Asking $16K. contact gjtcodered@hughes.net

HiHo
05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Gary, no problem... your car is certainly no slouch. Lonnies car had a better Carfax history and lower miles. Only downside is I have to take the tint off now to have it registered in MD. Then turn around and have it put back on.
Good luck!!

HiHo, So sorry you couldn't wait for my replacemaent title to come in. It's ready to go now. Lookin for a buyer for my MM listed here by gjtcodered. Excelent condition with 39K miles, sct tune, flowmasters, delete tips and so on. Any takers? Asking $16K. contact gjtcodered@hughes.net

Stranger in the Black Sedan
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
HiHo, I am moving to MD in a week, and I have to do the exact same thing -- take my 28% perfect tint off, and have it reinstalled a day later. MD inspection SUCKS. We should have a tint removing party -- how far are you from La Plata (Charles County)

Steve

HiHo
05-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Steve, I am just down the road... in St Marys County parlance. I had my tint removed by Tint Worx in Mechanicsville... down the road a piece from you. $70 cash and he did a nice job. There is an Inspection Station next door (A1 Automotive) that then did a Maryland State Inspection ($60). My intent was to have Tint Worx then put a 35% tint back on, but thought I'd wait 'til I get my tags. Will let you know how that goes...

H