PDA

View Full Version : Canadian pressurized MM for sale

snowbird
05-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I decided to pursue other interest so the Procharged Marauder is going for sale.

Kind of a hard decision to take since this car is really the best by far that I have ever owned in the last 30 something years and the fun and interest I had on MM.net while owning the car was icing on the cake experience. It must be a late midlife crisis!

I had modded 5 Mustangs before and really went as far as I could on this one: it can turn fairly well given its size, can accelerate very quickly or like mad (your choice!) and can Bonneville style high speed cruise to make 6 digits ultra fancy and narrow minded imported exotics humble like a beaten up 100$ worth 12 years old Hyundai owner.

Now, it does that with the comfort and cargo abilities of a large luxury sedan for 5 as you all know, is still reliable as a brick, will protect you and your passengers like an tank if something goes really wrong (well … almost !) and is as stealth as it can be not to attract unwanted attention from law enforcement agencies. Never had a ticket with it !! Some of them wave me on the highway thinking I’m undercover. In my Mustang days, they would regularly stop and left me with those pesky, carbon copy papers with 3 digit number with a $ sign at the end.

Details:

Bought brand new in late march 2004 as an unsold 2003, black with dark grey interior and TC. It is also blessed with last generation factory corrected and upgraded heads cooling flow track and port design qualified as best with the FR500 heads (RE 5.0 Mustang magazine of November 2004). Engine and tranny are factory stock but modded with the details below. It doesn’t consume any oil and everything works.

It has 40 000 miles (60 000 klms). No one else as EVER driven this car since it left the dealer. It was never left alone to mechanics for maintenance (joy ride risks) never left me strained on the road and was meticulously maintained with, for example, 4000 klms (~3 000 miles) synthetic oil change. I “domesticated” a dealer best master mechanic and he has done almost all the work and mod install on the car since ownership in 2004.

The car saw 2 winters and was otherwise stored in a heated garage that I had access for periodic start and move around. It was regularly treated for rust even if over 90% of it’s mileage was done between spring and autumn (and there is no rust, by the way). As you will see, my aim was the best and most conservative approach for a worry free, performing and robust ride. I went to the track first time last autumn (4 run) to establish it’s time: 12.5 ET @ 110 mph on regular street tires but it was also first time for me so there’s probably some time to be shaved from an experienced racer. On the street, no need to go full boost as 3 to 6 PSI will satisfy just about any need and is getting already in the politically incorrect range anyway …

I ask 21 000$ dollars for it. I can deliver on continent between Caribbean, Pacific and Atlantic if the buyer is willing to participate with expenses. I have in hand over 70 000 $ of bills covering the details on purchase, maintenance and most of it being mods. My loss, your gain. The car is of course free of any debt. On a side note, I hate arguing about price and got a 8 month old, fully paid, brand new daily driver so I’m in no rush or pressure.

Appearance/comfort

- “Legal” window tint. The back window is one notch darker.
- Badgeless front grille from Zack
- Badgeless trunk (holes soldered shut, antirust applied inside and trunk lid repainted by professionals)
- Factory accessory rain gutter by Mercury
- Custom dead pedal by “Bigcarsforever”

Engine performance modifications

- FIT kit 005 Procharger P1SC with 2 alternate pullies
Installed in Kansas City by Greg and “silent” Mike
2 cores Intercooler reinstalled hidden behind bumper for stealth purpose
- Very very conservatively tuned by Lidio in Detroit
The SCT handheld tuner will be included
9 pounds of boost (415 rwhp and 375 rwtq)
- Custom mandrel bent and soldered polished aluminium and clear painted tubing for the pressurized track and the ambient side to the blower. Only 3 pipes run from the blower, under and in the front of the car to the intercooler and back up to the throttle body bend. IAT relocated out of arms way in and on top of engine bay. Stock ground clearance regained back so skunks can now be happily run over ! All joints had been reinstalled with double T-bend stainless clamps and high resilience blue silicone joiners. ( I know I know, maniac !)
- Custom aluminum polished and clear painted air box with K/N filter
- Custom 100% methanol injection with heavy duty purpose built Alky Control pump, Snow optioned low indicator reservoir and snow vacuum triggered controller. The controller start to pump meth at about 2 pounds for detonation protection, higher octane rating and cooler intake temp. The whole kit was built over the stock battery rack and finished with an aluminium box and cover that use factory battery rack bolts to hold on car. The cover is polished and clear painted. The whole assembly can be serviced or taken out as a whole in 2-3 minutes. Pump, reservoir and all electronic and electric are soldered but joined with automotive plugs. The battery had been moved in the trunk for handling and balance gain.
- Custom oversize stainless braided methanol hoses/joints and brass subreservoir to prevent starvation under harsh acceleration or high Gs. All electric wires or meth hoses sport another protection against heat or dent with black splitted longitudinally plastic automotive generic tubing.
- Kooks Stainless headers with 2 ½” high flow cats.
- Custom 2 ½” mandrel bent stainless piping and X pipe all the way to the Megs.
- Strategic back to back 3 bolts header flanges joints had been incorporated for future mods or maintenance.
- Custom made 13” Stainless Works 3” stainless wool filled resonators in the driveshaft tunnel to eliminate cockpit drone in the 1800-2200 rpm range. Dynomax mufflers. The car still sing but only when asked by throttle and without offending anyone.….

Part 2 of tread coming up ….

snowbird
05-18-2008, 04:36 PM
…. Part 2
Suspension/handling modifications

- Addco front and rear sway bar with polyurethane bushings
- Metco upper and lower control arms
- Metco watts links
- Lowered rear air bag suspension adjustment
- Battery in the trunk professionally installed. Biggest “finger” size positive wire available routed to the front and additionally gained with aforementioned plastic splitted tubing in strategic places in cockpit, through the firewall and engine bay. A 250 amps fuse 12” from the battery was installed (in case of a big accident for fire hazard) and the negative was welded in the trunk frame.
- Robust custom made battery rack and vented cover in heavy gauge aluminium polished and clear painted (my trademark !)
- 245/55/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW tires in FRONT
- 285/50/18 Pirelli Scorpion tires in the REAR

Drivetrain and Bonneville style cruising modifications

- P.I. Stallion 3 000 RPM stall converter
- Performance Automatic high capacity aluminium trans pan
- Reinhart external transmission tailshaft forced lubing
- Custom PST Carbonfiber driveshaft with 2 universal joint grease nipples
(25 % lighter, rated for over 8 000 RPM and well over 1 000 HP: the best !!)
- Ford Racing 4.10:1 rear end gear
- 31T Auburn limited slip
- 31T forged Moser axles with new ABS rings
- T/A Performance aluminium girdle cover
- Reinhart Proguard rear skid plate (for less drag)

Autometer Ultra-lite gauges / safety

- #4376 15 PSI boost vacuum gauge with max boost memory reset and adjustable red light max boost on custom adapted steering column Mustang pod

- Custom made 5 gauge pod has been adapted on the right side wide aluminium factory dash moulding and house:
- #4353 100 PSI oil pressure gauge
- #4372 30-300F Intake air temperature gauge. The air core sensor had been installed between the meth injector and throttle body. Final confirmation of meth injection by enjoying 20 to 50 degree decrease in temp reading while on boost. The car never went over 45 degree ambient (traffic jam) since blower install. Typical is 20-30 over ambient on cruise and 0-15 degreeF below ambient while on boost.
- #4322 0-200 PSI methanol pump pressure gauge via mechanical 0-200 PSI oil pressure gauge. Confirmation of state of work/pressure of the methanol pump (The pump pressure is adjustable with an allen key bolt on the forehead of the pump). Typical goes from 20-30 PSI when priming at 2 pounds to 80-140 PSI over 5 pounds
- Green LED electric current confirmation reaching the controller when on boost
- Red LED warning when about 1/3 of methanol is left in reservoir
- #4345 0-2000F Exhaust gas temperature with air core pyrometer sensor welded in the right side Kooks collector before the cat. Used as a “load” indicator and as another measure of strain when the car is either on boost or when going up a long hill or when doing both ! I never exceeded 1300-1400 F. Typical is 800-1000F on cruise and city and 600F at red light. I was told block ventilating could happen over 1700-1800 F.
- #4363 0-100 PSI Fuel pressure gauge

- Low shifter area factory pod customized to retain 3 gauges:
- #4357 100-250F transmission oil temperature
- #4385 clock. This one is in fact a spare hole waiting for a future need but I didn’t want to see an empty hole full of wires. So I filled the hole with a clock and can use it to adjust the stock radio clock that is a bit off 2 minutes a month!
- #4391 90 degree sweep voltmeter.

On all 3 pods, robust and professional install was in mind for wiring and sensor routing. All connections welded, all fuse are located at the same place under the dash. All wiring is doubled on protection with gained aforementioned splitted plastic tubing inside dash and in engine bay. Although a real pain in the back bottom of my body for design and install, I never had trouble since then. In the event of a night bulb getting burned, all gauge have some slack built in the wiring so a gentle frontal pull in their snug fit pod will permit a change of bulb with ease. Return to stock would be easy. The only need would be to find a stock moulding to snap in place the modded one and a stock transmission factory pod. As for the blower, 3 bolts hold it and 4 hold the intercooler. I still have the stock inlet and MAF. It wouldn’t be worthwhile to take off all the other tiny parts, 39 pounds injectors and Walbro fuel pump. Just reflash an adapted stock tune on stock MAF and let the blower and IC buyer find the tiny missing parts with some help available here and there.

I will also include the stock converter, driveshaft and the 4 police pack HD steel wheels with their almost new winter skins.

Alternate EMAIL for contact: yvon_jean@videotron.ca
Will check and answer back daily

Taemian
05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow.

I'm very sad to see you leaving our community. I'm glad you'll have a calendar to remember your car with, and I can only imagine the next owner will be thrilled with the work you've done.

Still, sad to see you go....

sd8683
05-18-2008, 05:43 PM
I decided to pursue other interest so the Procharged Marauder is going for sale.

Kind of a hard decision to take since this car is really the best by far that I have ever owned in the last 30 something years and the fun and interest I had on MM.net while owning the car was icing on the cake experience. It must be a late midlife crisis!

I had modded 5 Mustangs before and really went as far as I could on this one: it can turn fairly well given its size, can accelerate very quickly or like mad (your choice!) and can Bonneville style high speed cruise to make 6 digits ultra fancy and narrow minded imported exotics humble like a beaten up 100$ worth 12 years old Hyundai owner.

Now, it does that with the comfort and cargo abilities of a large luxury sedan for 5 as you all know, is still reliable as a brick, will protect you and your passengers like an tank if something goes really wrong (well … almost !) and is as stealth as it can be not to attract unwanted attention from law enforcement agencies. Never had a ticket with it !! Some of them wave me on the highway thinking I’m undercover. In my Mustang days, they would regularly stop and left me with those pesky, carbon copy papers with 3 digit number with a $ sign at the end.

Details:

Bought brand new in late march 2004 as an unsold 2003, black with dark grey interior and TC. It is also blessed with last generation factory corrected and upgraded heads cooling flow track and port design qualified as best with the FR500 heads (RE 5.0 Mustang magazine of November 2004). Engine and tranny are factory stock but modded with the details below. It doesn’t consume any oil and everything works.

It has 40 000 miles (60 000 klms). No one else as EVER driven this car since it left the dealer. It was never left alone to mechanics for maintenance (joy ride risks) never left me strained on the road and was meticulously maintained with, for example, 4000 klms (~3 000 miles) synthetic oil change. I “domesticated” a dealer best master mechanic and he has done almost all the work and mod install on the car since ownership in 2004.

The car saw 2 winters and was otherwise stored in a heated garage that I had access for periodic start and move around. It was regularly treated for rust even if over 90% of it’s mileage was done between spring and autumn (and there is no rust, by the way). As you will see, my aim was the best and most conservative approach for a worry free, performing and robust ride. I went to the track first time last autumn (4 run) to establish it’s time: 12.5 ET @ 110 mph on regular street tires but it was also first time for me so there’s probably some time to be shaved from an experienced racer. On the street, no need to go full boost as 3 to 6 PSI will satisfy just about any need and is getting already in the politically incorrect range anyway …

I ask 21 000$ dollars for it. I can deliver on continent between Caribbean, Pacific and Atlantic if the buyer is willing to participate with expenses. I have in hand over 70 000 $ of bills covering the details on purchase, maintenance and most of it being mods. My loss, your gain. The car is of course free of any debt. On a side note, I hate arguing about price and got a 8 month old, fully paid, brand new daily driver so I’m in no rush or pressure.

Appearance/comfort

- “Legal” window tint. The back window is one notch darker.
- Badgeless front grille from Zack
- Badgeless trunk (holes soldered shut, antirust applied inside and trunk lid repainted by professionals)
- Factory accessory rain gutter by Mercury
- Custom dead pedal by “Bigcarsforever”

Engine performance modifications

- FIT kit 005 Procharger P1SC with 2 alternate pullies
Installed in Kansas City by Greg and “silent” Mike
2 cores Intercooler reinstalled hidden behind bumper for stealth purpose
- Very very conservatively tuned by Lidio in Detroit
The SCT handheld tuner will be included
9 pounds of boost (415 rwhp and 375 rwtq)
- Custom mandrel bent and soldered polished aluminium and clear painted tubing for the pressurized track and the ambient side to the blower. Only 3 pipes run from the blower, under and in the front of the car to the intercooler and back up to the throttle body bend. IAT relocated out of arms way in and on top of engine bay. Stock ground clearance regained back so skunks can now be happily run over ! All joints had been reinstalled with double T-bend stainless clamps and high resilience blue silicone joiners. ( I know I know, maniac !)
- Custom aluminum polished and clear painted air box with K/N filter
- Custom 100% methanol injection with heavy duty purpose built Alky Control pump, Snow optioned low indicator reservoir and snow vacuum triggered controller. The controller start to pump meth at about 2 pounds for detonation protection, higher octane rating and cooler intake temp. The whole kit was built over the stock battery rack and finished with an aluminium box and cover that use factory battery rack bolts to hold on car. The cover is polished and clear painted. The whole assembly can be serviced or taken out as a whole in 2-3 minutes. Pump, reservoir and all electronic and electric are soldered but joined with automotive plugs. The battery had been moved in the trunk for handling and balance gain.
- Custom oversize stainless braided methanol hoses/joints and brass subreservoir to prevent starvation under harsh acceleration or high Gs. All electric wires or meth hoses sport another protection against heat or dent with black splitted longitudinally plastic automotive generic tubing.
- Kooks Stainless headers with 2 ½” high flow cats.
- Custom 2 ½” mandrel bent stainless piping and X pipe all the way to the Megs.
- Strategic back to back 3 bolts header flanges joints had been incorporated for future mods or maintenance.
- Custom made 13” Stainless Works 3” stainless wool filled resonators in the driveshaft tunnel to eliminate cockpit drone in the 1800-2200 rpm range. Dynomax mufflers. The car still sing but only when asked by throttle and without offending anyone.….

Part 2 of tread coming up ….

^^Anything^Else^^

Zack
05-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Good luck.
Sorry to see you are selling.

freakstatus
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Good luck with the sale! Nice car. Curious...what is replacing it?

snowbird
05-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Good luck with the sale! Nice car. Curious...what is replacing it?
Well, that's the thing ! Nothing can or is replacing it. The other car I have, a daily driver, is a Mazda3 sport. It cannot compare in any way but does the DD job honestly.

If I sell it I might still pursue another project but nothing is welldefined right now.

Aren Jay
05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
^^Anything^Else^^

1 of 500.

I'm still looking for a Canadian Blue.

snowbird
06-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Well, the car is sold but not like I thought .

I was expecting difficulties as the market is really bad nowadays for V8 with mods and blowers. Up here, there's also a cultural difference I guess. No phone, no crazy offer and even no joy ride demand. The price of gaz seems to take it's toll on everybody.

So I gave the car in exchange of a slighly use (8 000 miles) 2007 Mazda speed Turbo and also sold the other regular Mazda that was for DD duty. Now things are simplier: 1 car !!

Pretty happy so far with the Mazda: 260HP and 280 TQ stock from the factory. 6 speed close ratio manual tranny, really great factory brakes and so-call reactive suspension. We'll see.

freakstatus
06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
The car looks good.....but I'm afraid we won't be able to allow it into the calendar this year..;). Congrats on the trade in.

Master
06-10-2008, 07:59 AM
I agree on all points: Sorry to see you go, glad I have the calendar. BTW: Back-off you buggers. I"M Looking for a Canadian Blue!

High-C
06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
If you traded it, I would have pulled the Procharger off first... I know I would've been interested in your used kit. Did they give you more on your trade because of the SC??? Either way, good luck with the ricer. :alone:

freakstatus
06-10-2008, 08:29 AM
If you traded it, I would have pulled the Procharger off first... I know I would've been interested in your used kit. Did they give you more on your trade because of the SC??? Either way, good luck with the ricer. :alone:

+1 ^^^:o:o:o

Taemian
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, what's the name of the dealership you traded it to??

snowbird
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I did consider taking off the blower but then would have had to take off the alcool kit which was kind of mated to it, then the whole F18 Autometer gauges cockpit would have looked weird and would have had to follow and then ....

I was pissed off real good of that no interest at all. The exchange deal almost broke off when the manager saw it was modded and I must admit I'm not very patient. They didn't offered any single dollar more so that was a little more than half I was expecting 2-3 months ago. I put him to sleep when I said only 3 bolts hold the blower which is technically true (HA HA !!)and finished up the deal in 15 minutes, out the dealer with the tiny rocket and a 4 year warranty on a factory modded car. Now, younger women in their twenty's stare at me on red lights !! :)

No regrets so far as I knew 4 years ago when I started this. I've done it before with Mustangs. You play golf regularly, you need 5-10 000 $ a year to do it. You want to ski ? Own a boat AND used it ? It all come off as hobby's for big boys cost money and that money have to come off your pockets !! :o

Aren Jay
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
So who did you sell it to?

I've checked the various online sales places but don't see it for sale.