PDA

View Full Version : Car Show - Saturday, June 14 - Winterville, NC

Professor
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey fellas. Winterville Police Department is putting together their Annual Car Show to benefit Special Olympics. Winterville is to the adjacent South of Greenville, NC (home of East Carolina University). We had three Marauders there last year and Jim took home a trophy. Could be fun again. :banana2:

Here is the Winterville PD website: http://www.wintervillepd.com/

Here is the registration form: http://www.wintervillepd.com/Car-Show-Info-Form-1.doc

I'll definitely be attending, although I'm not sure if I will be able to have the Merc ready in time to show. Hope to see you there .... :burnout:

fastblackmerc
05-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Sounds good, will add this to my schedule.

Professor
05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Jim:

I'll finally have my gears and tune installed by then. I still have quite a bit of cosmetic stuff I want to do before I enter her in a show again. Honestly, she is too much of a sleeper to catch any eyes right now. I'll change and hopefully have it ready for a show by the end of the year.

Ron

fastblackmerc
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Jim:

I'll finally have my gears and tune installed by then. I still have quite a bit of cosmetic stuff I want to do before I enter her in a show again. Honestly, she is too much of a sleeper to catch any eyes right now. I'll change and hopefully have it ready for a show by the end of the year.

Ron
What kind of stuff do you need to do?

Professor
05-24-2008, 06:07 AM
I want to have the front bumper resprayed (cracking around the fog lights). I want to have a couple of chips/scratches repaired. The pinstriping is nicked on the drivers door. Then, because she is bone stock and looks pretty plain, I want to install a chin spoiler, the chrome Crown Vic Sport shifter bezel and shift button, a trunk and hood liner and then have the valve covers powder coated in red (like yours) and some billet under the hood. Then she'll be show ready.

Professor
06-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Hi fellas. Just wanted to see if anyone would be going to the Winterville car show?

fastblackmerc
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm not going to make it. I've been traveling so much that I haven't even washed the Marauder! I'm in Hotlanta right now, won't be home until Friday evening, so I won't have enough time to wash, wax & detail. I was really looking forward to the show this year :(

Professor
06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
fastblack .... totally understand. I'm going to go to the show and will hang out if any Marauders show, but I'm not entering mine. Can't get her ready in time. Just got back from Vancouver and getting ready to have my parents up for a week. Anyway ... we'll get em together again soon.

fastblackmerc
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Professor, how was the show? Any pics?

tbirddmnd
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Professor - you ever get your hoodliner? If not I can definitely help with one of mine which are way better than stock.

Professor
06-21-2008, 04:21 PM
fastblack: I ended up not going. We had terrible smoke in Pitt County up until Friday evening from the Hyde County fires. I couldn't stand being outside for more than a couple minutes until Saturday and had no time to detail the Merc. I was going to take some shots, but didn't go.

Haven't bought a hoodliner yet. Tell me about what you have.

fastblackmerc
06-24-2008, 08:10 AM
fastblack: I ended up not going. We had terrible smoke in Pitt County up until Friday evening from the Hyde County fires. I couldn't stand being outside for more than a couple minutes until Saturday and had no time to detail the Merc. I was going to take some shots, but didn't go.

Haven't bought a hoodliner yet. Tell me about what you have.

No hood liner except the stock one. I do have an embroidered truck lid liner tho.....

tbirddmnd
06-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Professor, my hoodliners that I make are from aircraft firewall/bulkhead material, 1/4 inch thick and they outperform the stock ones. A vinyl decal can be placed on it as well.