PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Maine?

timfromme
05-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm from Maine. I wanted a Marauder since I saw one displayed in the Bangor Mall. I finally purchased one last month from eBay, the seller and car was in Long Island NY. Love my Marauder. The only mod I put into the Marauder is the complete K+N air filter kit. My Marauder didn't come with a spoiler so I purchased one from my local Merc dealership. (Strange how the sales people there didn't approach me to buy a new car. If I drove up in my Dodge Caravan they would be all over me in a second to buy a new car. LOL!) Hope to make some Marauder friends here. Tim

timfromme
05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Picture of my Marauder.

de minimus
05-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Welcome Tim. Nice car.
Tell me, is Stacey's Country Jamboree still on the air?

RoyLPita
05-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

Raudermaster
05-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Welcome! Hopefully you can attend some of the meets that we have. Any other mods planned for it?

timfromme
05-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi and thanks for the welcomes people. Been edumacatin myself by reading the forums. Lots of info here. One thing that interests me is the rev limiter. My car wants to keep goin in 1st and I hit that rev limiter before I manually shifted her into second. :eek: That was the worst sounding, worst feeling I have ever felt in a car. I thought I broke my car. Been careful ever since that. I love the way the rear tires bark on the 1-2 shift. I need to put in a shift light somewhere so I know when to shift her. Has anybody done that to their Marauder and where did you put the light? Don't want to hit the rev limiter again. I read in the forums that the rev limiter is around 6100-6200 rpm. Why is the tach redline at 6500? That was what messed me up on my shifting. Also, is there a speed governor on the Marauder and what the governor limit is set at? I know someone who hit their limit on a Grand Marquis at 103 mph, no faster. So far I've taken my Marauder to 110 mph and backed off. I love the quickness of my Marauder more than how fast she goes though. Tim.

sd8683
05-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Hi and thanks for the welcomes people. Been edumacatin myself by reading the forums. Lots of info here. One thing that interests me is the rev limiter. My car wants to keep goin in 1st and I hit that rev limiter before I manually shifted her into second. :eek: That was the worst sounding, worst feeling I have ever felt in a car. I thought I broke my car. Been careful ever since that. I love the way the rear tires bark on the 1-2 shift. I need to put in a shift light somewhere so I know when to shift her. Has anybody done that to their Marauder and where did you put the light? Don't want to hit the rev limiter again. I read in the forums that the rev limiter is around 6100-6200 rpm. Why is the tach redline at 6500? That was what messed me up on my shifting. Also, is there a speed governor on the Marauder and what the governor limit is set at? I know someone who hit their limit on a Grand Marquis at 103 mph, no faster. So far I've taken my Marauder to 110 mph and backed off. I love the quickness of my Marauder more than how fast she goes though. Tim.

I usually shift from first to second at about 5000 rpm's and that seems to work pretty good, but as far the governer goes I believe it is set at 117 mph without a tune, hope that helps you out, Sean

MM03MOK
05-25-2008, 05:15 AM
:welcome: to our Family!!

You're tempting fate by shifting manually. Getting a tune through one of our vendors here that changes shift points and also takes off the speed governor (factory set at 117 mph) will be a much safer way to harden up your shifts. Consider doing 4.10 gears too. A tune can correct the speedo differential too. Breaking your tranny by manually shifting will cost you a lot more than a tune and a handheld tuner.

timfromme
05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi, so what is the best performance computer tune I can get? I didn't buy the car for gas mileage, I like performance. Thanks, Tim.

sd8683
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi, so what is the best performance computer tune I can get? I didn't buy the car for gas mileage, I like performance. Thanks, Tim.

I personally have a tune from lidio (alternative auto) a vender here on the site, and I'm very happy with it, but Dennis Reinhart also sells a tune that I've heard nothing but good things about, he is also a vender here on the site, so in my opinion you can't go wrong with either one, good luck, Sean

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I personally have a tune from lidio (alternative auto) a vender here on the site, and I'm very happy with it, but Dennis Reinhart also sells a tune that I've heard nothing but good things about, he is also a vender here on the site, so in my opinion you can't go wrong with either one, good luck, Sean

The lidio tune worked great in Seans ride, its like a new beast now.

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I too have a Lidio tune. Mike has felt what my car is like.

KB-Marauder-S
05-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I too have a Lidio tune. Mike has felt what my car is like.

Yea, but Seans goes better
:D

Raudermaster
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Yea, if I had 4.10's I would too. Don't you worry, mine will go better when that nice big shiny object is under the hood.

Rocknthehawk
05-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Yea, if I had 4.10's I would too. Don't you worry, mine will go better when that nice big shiny object is under the hood.

Mike know's all about big shiny objects. His car is a monster.