PDA

View Full Version : Mission Raceway, anyone??

Taemian
05-22-2008, 11:10 PM
http://www.missionraceway.com/mrprules/08fridayrules.htm

So on Friday nights, there are street-legal drag races. Run-what-cha-brung, side by side with whatever else is there. It's just to get timeslips for your car, and to see who pays for dinner after!;)

Anyone up for this? I'm looking at June sometime to get my MM there. BEFORE my Trilogy install!

freakstatus
05-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm afraid we are going to get our asses handed to us. I'm in of course.;)

de minimus
05-23-2008, 07:25 AM
I would be most definitely up for that.

de minimus
05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
BTW Ian you should post this on the Emerald City marauders forum as well in case any of the Wash. state guys want to come up.....just an idea?

Taemian
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I'll do that now, Tim. And Derek, it's strictly for the timeslip. And if you've never actually gone down a 1/4 track against somebody else, it's a great new experience! You never know what you'll be up against; could be a new Z06 Corvette, could be a WRX Subaru, could be a 5.0L Mustang, could be a POS Honda....

Remember, it's more about learning how to launch your car and having a fun time, rather than balls-out competition. And we can make videos of each other as well!

Besides, not many people will be expecting much from the MMs, most will think they're gussied-up Crown Vics or something!
You're not specifically racing against someone you're expected to beat, or even compete with...it is completely random as you just get into the line for the track. I'd LOVE to get two MMs going together, but it's trickier than you think to estimate where in each line you'd need to be.

Taemian
05-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok, so here we go!:banana2:

Tomorrow (Friday May 30th), I'm heading out to Mission for the Street Legal Drags Night. I want to see what my MM is doing in the 1/4 mile before I go install my Trilogy. As my list says, my only mods are JLT CAI and Lidio's tune. I'm hoping to make a 14.7, but won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen. I have no idea what it actually runs, so this will be a good baseline. Also, I'm running it the same way I drive it daily...for the first runs anyways. Maybe I'll drop the tire pressures if the first runs are very consistent.

Gates open at 1630 and I have the day off, so I'm going to go early to get as many opportunities to run as possible. Weather forecast is mainly clear @ 17C. A max of 225 cars is accepted, and you can get in until 1930 or so, unless they max out the number of cars first.

None of us will have to do anything but show up and run; helmets are only needed for 13.99 and faster .
Rules page: http://www.missionraceway.com/mrprules/08fridayrules.htm

Anyone wanting to come, just show up! My cell is 604 537-6176 if you need it when you get to the track, but please leave a post in this thread if you plan on coming.:burnout:

de minimus
05-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I'Ll try and make it....depends if I can get off work early enough. I won't be bringing the Marauder however as I'll have to leave from work. I will bring my video camera.

Taemian
05-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I'Ll try and make it....depends if I can get off work early enough. I won't be bringing the Marauder however as I'll have to leave from work. I will bring my video camera.

Well, I think a high 14s quarter mile would be a pretty boring thing to tape, but feel free!

Remember, the cutoff time for entry is: 730pm OR 225 cars signed in OR when it gets dark (I guess they need to see your car to tech it)

Are you SURE you couldn't get your black beauty?;)

de minimus
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Unfortunately, I can't bring the Marauder - needs new brakes (going in next weekend). Plus I'll be hardpressed to get off of work before 6:30 and then out to Mission.

Taemian
05-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately, I can't bring the Marauder - needs new brakes (going in next weekend). Plus I'll be hardpressed to get off of work before 6:30 and then out to Mission.

No worries, Tim. If you don't make it, we will be going when I get back from Oregon with the Trilogy installed. Then Derek and maybe some others will come along as well.

freakstatus
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Ian, I'm gonna see if i can make it. Call you tomorrow. Gotta clear it with the boss. Is Marika going?

Taemian
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey Ian, I'm gonna see if i can make it. Call you tomorrow. Gotta clear it with the boss. Is Marika going?

Sounds good. Marieke wants to come, but I told her it might be boring for her. Also, the weather doesn't exactly look like tanning weather today.:shake:
So if your "boss" wants to go, they could take my "boss's" car in case they want to leave and go A) shopping B) to a coffee shop C) home.

Let me know!

chader
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Ok, so here we go!:banana2:

Tomorrow (Friday May 30th), I'm heading out to Mission for the Street Legal Drags Night. I want to see what my MM is doing in the 1/4 mile before I go install my Trilogy. As my list says, my only mods are JLT CAI and Lidio's tune. I'm hoping to make a 14.7, but won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen. I have no idea what it actually runs, so this will be a good baseline. Also, I'm running it the same way I drive it daily...for the first runs anyways. Maybe I'll drop the tire pressures if the first runs are very consistent.

Gates open at 1630 and I have the day off, so I'm going to go early to get as many opportunities to run as possible. Weather forecast is mainly clear @ 17C. A max of 225 cars is accepted, and you can get in until 1930 or so, unless they max out the number of cars first.

None of us will have to do anything but show up and run; helmets are only needed for 13.99 and faster .
Rules page: http://www.missionraceway.com/mrprules/08fridayrules.htm

Anyone wanting to come, just show up! My cell is 604 537-6176 if you need it when you get to the track, but please leave a post in this thread if you plan on coming.:burnout:

you maybe surprised.With those mods my car ran 15.2 in Calgary.With other N/A cars I have found going to Mission would drop me 0.9 of a second from Calgary,because of altitude.Have lots of fun.I wish I could be there.

freakstatus
05-30-2008, 01:20 PM
you maybe surprised.With those mods my car ran 15.2 in Calgary.With other N/A cars I have found going to Mission would drop me 0.9 of a second from Calgary,because of altitude.Have lots of fun.I wish I could be there.

What do you run now (with Trilogy)?

Taemian
05-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Well, it's all done but the cryin'!:D

Derek and I managed to get 3 runs in at Mission Raceway before we headed home, and the results were quite predictable.
My times were:

14.87/ 94.45mph against some old Cutlass (Derek did 15.15 secs in his race)

14.93/ 94.45mph against Derek's 14.99/ 94.07mph

14.86/ 94.83mph against Derek's 15.02/ 94.30mph

So yes, silver is again proven to be faster than black (I HAD to say that!), but it was actually dead even. The weigh scales told the tale:

Me: 4345 lbs
Derek: 4435 lbs

So his nearly extra 100lbs took the typical nearly .1 off his time, which means we were actually dead even, all things being equal.

Our wives came along and were great sports, shooting some video (that turned out crappy due to the setting sun right at the end of the track!) and some stills. I'll get Derek to post it, I still don't know how, and I'm not opening some photo hosting account somewhere just for that.

Now I have a baseline to see what the Trilogy does when it goes in next week! It was cool to have the two of us stage together and then go for it, but don't even ASK about our reaction times....:shake:

Next time we decide to go, I'll post it earlier to give folks more time to make arrangements to come along. I just really needed to get a baseline before my Trilogy install next week.

The track announcer didn't say a thing about our cars the first two times, and the third time said "Looks like we have two police cars racing next...." and the guy who teched our cars said " A Marauder, what's that?" to me, and then told Derek "Mercury, huh? That's a nice Cougar you got there!":argh:

freakstatus
05-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Here are some pics. It was tons of fun, kind of intimidating at first but such a blast. It was my first time out to the track but definitely not my last.......

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_0992.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_0990.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_0994.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_1002.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/IMG_0995.jpghttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/freakstatus/102_0396.jpg

Taemian
05-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Nice pics, Derek! I don't know how they all come out side by side though. I thought at first you had only posted one photo!:o

Hope you and Jen got home ok after the FIVE wrong turns I lead you through in 3 city blocks. :shake: Hopefully, I'll get it right next time we go. I'll probably email you my pics and video so you can post them.

freakstatus
05-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Nice pics, Derek! I don't know how they all come out side by side though. I thought at first you had only posted one photo!:o

Hope you and Jen got home ok after the FIVE wrong turns I lead you through in 3 city blocks. :shake: Hopefully, I'll get it right next time we go. I'll probably email you my pics and video so you can post them.

They're not side by side on my comp. They are vertical. Weird.

Taemian
05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
They're not side by side on my comp. They are vertical. Weird.

Very strange....the MM meet pics with the Emerald City guys was the same thing, you have to scroll across to see them all. Anybody else seeing this??

Also, your car sounds AWESOME in the videos. Mine kinda growls with the stock exhaust, but your Magnaflows roar when you go by!

freakstatus
05-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Very strange....the MM meet pics with the Emerald City guys was the same thing, you have to scroll across to see them all. Anybody else seeing this??

Also, your car sounds AWESOME in the videos. Mine kinda growls with the stock exhaust, but your Magnaflows roar when you go by!

Flowmasters.

chader
06-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Flowmasters.
can you post the video?

chader
06-01-2008, 06:56 PM
What do you run now (with Trilogy)?
have not been to the track yet,but g-tech got me a 13.50

Taemian
06-01-2008, 07:07 PM
can you post the video?

Tell me how, and sure thing. :)

The quality is not great, but I'll post it if you want.:o

Also, they are 8 and 15 megs in size.

Taemian
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=19785357044

Here is a video, not sure if you can see it if you aren't registered on Facebook. Someone try it and let me know:).

freakstatus
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Looks good. Cept for the fact that I have the reaction time of a crippled donkey.:shake:

Taemian
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Looks good. Cept for the fact that I have the reaction time of a crippled donkey.:shake:

Hey, for your first time at a dragstrip, you did just fine. This Friday is another chance to improve though! It's open again, I'm gonna look at the long range weather....

Looks to be not bad, we'll play it by ear....Tim, are you able to come out and play if it's nice? I'd love to see you and Derek run together!

freakstatus
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd love to see you and Derek run together!

Yes. I guess we're no longer in your league, eh Trilogy boy...?;)

Taemian
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes. I guess we're no longer in your league, eh Trilogy boy...?;)

I meant so I could actually watch two black MMs barrelling down the track! Knowing me, I'll launch my car sideways into the wall this first time out, so you don't want to have me beside you!:o

chader
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=19785357044

Here is a video, not sure if you can see it if you aren't registered on Facebook. Someone try it and let me know:).
worked good for me

de minimus
06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey, for your first time at a dragstrip, you did just fine. This Friday is another chance to improve though! It's open again, I'm gonna look at the long range weather....

Looks to be not bad, we'll play it by ear....Tim, are you able to come out and play if it's nice? I'd love to see you and Derek run together!

I'd love to but have kid duties on Friday. I can't wait to see the trilogy.

Taemian
06-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I'd love to but have kid duties on Friday. I can't wait to see the trilogy.

We'll have to figure something out, then. I'm starting a new contract on Monday, so life gets real busy again until January!:eek: Add in a new baby on the way and relatives coming from Holland this summer, and it means you may have to swing by my place to come see it. Maybe the three of us can do a Saturday morning breakfast or something.

Taemian
06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Last call! I'll be at Mission tonight with my newly named, Trilogy-equipped MM ....anybody else?

Look for a silver MM named CARBANO.