PDA

View Full Version : Hello - GM truck guy looking for a MM...

usabodyguard
05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey guys and girls(?)...

My name is Dave or Big D (6'8" 295lbs)... I am a HP fanatic and really big into the whole performance truck scene. I am a moderator at the biggest silverado site on the net and frequent many truck forums.

I currently own a 2004 prostreet silverado, and it has been featured in a couple issues of truckin' magazine... and the truck is being built for SEMA 2008... it is currently in the paint shop for the next month, then off to remove the current 480 rwhp set up (5.3l with a radix/meth). I am building an LSX 427 with an F1 Procharger @18psi with meth injection... I am expecting about 800+ rwhp on a mild tune... yes this is still a street/strip truck. I have about 17 sponsors and more being added daily... nothing is being overlooked, everything from the ground up is being replaced performance wise, i am about 15 months into this project... anyways... pics to follow if anyone is interested.

I NEED A DD! That is why I am here... I am not one of those fantical morons that is 100% brand loyal... i like both GM and ford... sue me!

I recently found a 2003 MM black 38k miles... absolutely CLEAN for 19k plus tax and license, at a local stealership... you can EAT off of the engine it is so clean, i was shocked. My only hesitation is the price and they will NOT budge a dime... I have financing through them, but I was pre-approved at a local credit union... it just takes about a week to process your membership and loan.
I live in Ventura County CA... I am good friends with Brain Z over at Magnuson, i should be, he installed my current maggie on my truck. So being that I cant leave ANYTHING stock... I am sure I will dive into the world of mods after i get a MM... I am just not building anything insane as I am leaving that to my 10 sec truck... (projected!)

SO i am not sure if I should get this 2003 for 19k... or if I can find another black one with less miles for the same price range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am hoping to stay within CA to find a great MM... in black. Either way, I know my way around engines and performance so I am not a noob, only a noob when it comes to MMs!

Thanks, glad to be apart of the community!

a couple of pictures of my prom queen -

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/usabodyguard/main_truck_ss-1.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/usabodyguard/enginebay.jpg

new prowheels - forged one-off design 22x10's (notice the Baer 6 piston brakes and if you look closely you can see the Dynatech LTs)
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/usabodyguard/forgedwheel2B.jpg

RoyLPita
05-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and good luck on your search for a MM.

GAMike
05-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Welcome in Dave- Nice truck!

As far as marauders go, prices are all over the map, out here in Atlanta, they are bringing anywhere from 13k to 18k for those miles.

Good luck with your search, and let us know how you fair.

usabodyguard
05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
thanks guys... i will post up as soon as I land one...

anything I should watch out for? Any tips or tricks in the whole search? is one year better than the other? (aside from being newer)
Any known problems, etc?

thanks for the help!

fastblackmerc
05-23-2008, 01:42 PM
thanks guys... i will post up as soon as I land one...

anything I should watch out for? Any tips or tricks in the whole search? is one year better than the other? (aside from being newer)
Any known problems, etc?

thanks for the help!

ONly big issue with the MM's is if it's a 2003 make sure the rear axle TSB has be applied.

Other than normal stuff, nothig else really.

PM RoyLPita the VIN and he'll get you the service history.

Good Luck!

Bluerauder
05-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I recently found a 2003 MM black 38k miles... absolutely CLEAN for 19k plus tax and license, at a local stealership... you can EAT off of the engine it is so clean, i was shocked. My only hesitation is the price and they will NOT budge a dime...
Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

If you like the MM and its condition .... go ahead and do it. :D The MM is worth what you are willing to pay. Good well kept MMs are starting to hold their value.

jgc61sr2002
05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome aboard.:D Love that truck.:D

Local Boy
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Going with a F1 Procharger huh...

I like you already!!!

Welcome to the (Procharger) family...

ALOHA

MACFORD88
05-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I Maybe Selling My Preety Soon It Has 36k 03 Blk Clean Car.i Dont Know How To Post Pictures Here Or I Would. And Im In Southern Ca

usabodyguard
05-24-2008, 12:48 AM
I Maybe Selling My Preety Soon It Has 36k 03 Blk Clean Car.i Dont Know How To Post Pictures Here Or I Would. And Im In Southern Ca

can you email me some pictures?? very interested and maybe a ball park price?...

here is my email - ceo@usabodyguards.com

where exactly are you located... are you the original owner? do you have any mods?

would love to know more about it... thanks.

freakstatus
05-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Your a Hewlett Packard addict? I have the HP 7960 Photo printer! Good unit! (I'm joking). Welcome aboard! Race any Lightnings with that truck? Be a good matchup!

usabodyguard
05-24-2008, 09:34 AM
a good friend of mine has a 700hp lightening... his biggest problem is traction! actually i have several friends with huge HP trucks... my little brother has a crew cab sierra with an STS turbo and a forged 370... I am going down to see him run on a dyno here in the next 10 minutes... last time he ran, he had 640 rwhp and 720 tq...
Another close friend of mine, who I got into a magazine recently - Im friends with all of the guys at truckin magazine... they have done 3 stories on my truck so far and about 4-5 more to come (mods).

this is my friends truck... a twin turbo LSX 438... 2004 Denali... 1100hp+ and street legal! (more or less lol)

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/markhelmandollar/LSX%20BUILD/2-9-08003.jpg