PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer F Series Head Units

HiHo
05-26-2008, 06:16 AM
After more research, it appears that the new nav units from Pioneer may well be worth the wait. They have (almost) all the features I am looking for (nav, Bluetooth, Ipod control, backup camera capable). It seems they lack a HD to store music on, but more than make up for it by making USB storage devices accessible as well as my Ipod, which is an HD in and of itself. It looks as if it is SD Card capable on the face as well as a line in input for other devices.

My only concern is the fit. I have read through some of the threads for double din installs and it seems there is a fair amount of cutting involved. It would be nice to be able to retain the steering wheel controls also.

John, do you have any insight on the dimensions and fit for the Marauder?

Thoughts??

finster101
05-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Afew of us have Z-2s installed. They fit beautifully. I have bluetooth, XM and retained steering wheel control. There is room for additional modules such as I-pod w/head unit control, backup camera etc. I am Very happy with the unit.

O's Fan Rich
05-26-2008, 08:02 AM
I'll pm you.

magindat
05-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Double DIN's fit. Cutting is minimal. This one will require all four edges to be trimmed. i have done nearly 20 MM install with various double DIN Pioneer products. They fit.

Pops
05-27-2008, 06:15 AM
Rich is correct on this one.